• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I leave you with a few wise words:

FakeName

Governor
Like the NY Times ?

The One changing headlines 3 times to assist my leftist friends ?

And how they glowingly state how this virus helps Climate Change?

Let alone my buddy Jake Tapper not even holding me to account when I lied live on TV during an interview on NBC.

You always try to end with some glowing overture to "do it for your country' blah blah blah

You are so biased and narcissistic that you don't understand how silly you look.
Anyone like you, with a modicum of intelligence, would be embarrassed and never come back.

But, we know, that's not the case. (especially when you lie about being a Veteran and have no shame in doing so)

Spare us your self absorbed 'holier than thou' babbling.

Signed- Everyone on this Forum
Wow, you violate forum rules constantly, it amazes me that you are still allowed to post at all.

FakeName

Governor
Like the NY Times ?

The One changing headlines 3 times to assist my leftist friends ?

And how they glowingly state how this virus helps Climate Change?

Let alone my buddy Jake Tapper not even holding me to account when I lied live on TV during an interview on NBC.

You always try to end with some glowing overture to "do it for your country' blah blah blah

You are so biased and narcissistic that you don't understand how silly you look.
Anyone like you, with a modicum of intelligence, would be embarrassed and never come back.

But, we know, that's not the case. (especially when you lie about being a Veteran and have no shame in doing so)

Spare us your self absorbed 'holier than thou' babbling.

Signed- Everyone on this Forum
I don't blame you for being misinformed. You think propaganda is news and news is propaganda. You have been duped so you lash out with personal attacks. You lie about me and other Americans.

For some perspective, you should try, for a month, turning off Fox, Breitbart, etc. and only getting your info from News sources that are at least 50 years old.

Your country really does need you all to come back to the world of facts.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
I don't blame you for being misinformed. You think propaganda is news and news is propaganda. You have been duped so you lash out with personal attacks. You lie about me and other Americans.

For some perspective, you should try, for a month, turning off Fox, Breitbart, etc. and only getting your info from News sources that are at least 50 years old.

Your country really does need you all to come back to the world of facts.

Wow. 2 Responses.

I noted the Ny Times. They have been around 100+ years.

And what I posted was factual.

I am sorry you can't stand it.

FakeName

Governor
Wow. 2 Responses.

I noted the Ny Times. They have been around 100+ years.

And what I posted was factual.

I am sorry you can't stand it.
Right, so do your country a favor, take a month without Fox, Breitbart, et al.

Get your news from a variety of actual established News sources. The NYT being one but other old newspapers too, Time Magazine, The Atlantic, National review, whatever. Just so they are older.

Try it. Come back to the real world.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Right, so do your country a favor, take a month without Fox, Breitbart, et al.

Get your news from a variety of actual established News sources. The NYT being one but other old newspapers too, Time Magazine, The Atlantic, National review, whatever. Just so they are older.

Try it. Come back to the real world.

You are the only one mentioning those other news outlets (Fox & breitbart) which I never read- source or post)

Older means more reliable ? LOL !!!!

And the one 'older' newspaper you listed as 'established' was blatantly biased.

And today stated:
'Selfish' Trump Not Interfering Enough Abroad

I take it you avoid MSNBC , CNN ? You know the ones that are 'new' ?

Do yourself a favor. And stop. It's embarrassing you .

FakeName

Governor
You are the only one mentioning those other news outlets (Fox & breitbart) which I never read- source or post)

Older means more reliable ? LOL !!!!

And the one 'older' newspaper you listed as 'established' was blatantly biased.

And today stated:
'Selfish' Trump Not Interfering Enough Abroad

I take it you avoid MSNBC , CNN ? You know the ones that are 'new' ?

Do yourself a favor. And stop. It's embarrassing you .
Yes sources that predate the modern era of activist journalism tend to practice actual journalism.

Try it for a month.

Your country deserves better.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Yes sources that predate the modern era of activist journalism tend to practice actual journalism.

Try it for a month.

Your country deserves better.

Glad you finally understand how bad the NY Times is.

Yes, we deserve better than you for the country.

Glad you came around.

Days

Commentator
let's try again.

Try looking at actual sources that predate the modern activist journalism era.

Sources that have been around more than fifty years tend to be actual news.

Try it.

Your country needs you
R U the last American unaware of how the press uses the news to push their own agendas and propaganda? Even the press knows this about the press...

TheHill.com (Link)

Press corps theatrics don't help us in a crisis
By Jeffrey M. McCall, opinion contributor — 03/24/20 12:00 PM EDT

One thing the nation doesn’t need now is unnecessary drama. But that is coming in high doses each day once President Trump steps to the podium for the COVID-19 press conferences. Drama seems to follow Trump into any setting, of course, but the antics of the White House press corps put the theatrics into overdrive. American news consumers become the collateral damage, losers in this rhetorical brawl.

The briefings normally start out fine with Trump providing prepared remarks and then yielding to the experts in medicine and government logistics. Dr. Anthony Fauci of the National Institutes for Health, Dr. Deborah Birx of the State Department’s Global Health division, and others have shined with their knowledge and perspective.
Once the floor is opened to press questions, however, chaos ensues. Reporters shout, wave their hands, pontificate, issue editorials disguised as questions, filibuster and interrupt the podium speakers. There is no other place in the nation where decorum is so sorely lacking, and it is happening at the worst possible time. Heated arguments at the local tavern display more class than these press antagonists in front of the nation’s government and medical leaders.

This is not the time for political posturing, media grandstanding or Trump resistance. The nation is suffering. Citizens need information and want hope.
The news media should be stepping up to provide the information needs of a democracy. That includes providing perspective and suitable challenges to bureaucratic pronouncements, exaggerated claims and wishful thinking, regardless of where such things originate. On a macro level, journalists have performed well in this role, especially considering the difficult circumstances. When it comes to behavior in the COVID-19 pressers, however, the press’ urge for confrontation and sensationalism overwhelms their sense of professionalism.

The daily White House press briefings on COVID-19 should be great vehicles for information flow to the public. Reporters have been demanding transparency and access from the Trump administration since inauguration day, and now they have it. The president and the COVID-19 response team are right there every day now for live questions in front of the entire nation. The journalists in the briefing room are fouling up this great opportunity.

Journalists have used the precious time at these pressers to go on tangents about Trump using racist terminology, promoting false hope, and the economic downturn on Trump hotels. Trump predictably didn’t manage these inquiries with tact, but this hardly seems the time to be poking Trump to see what reaction can be had. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was even asked to criticize Trump’s handling of the press. The guilty reporters are not really seeking information, they are seeking a moment to raise their profile on a national stage.

The COVID-19 crisis looks like it will be around for a while, but the daily White House briefings can’t continue with the current unworkable structure. A format change has to be made.

First, these spectacles have to be shorter. Dr. Fauci can’t be standing in front of a press room for an hour and a half each day. He has real work to do. Same for the cabinet secretaries and other government officials. The White House can have the president parade out to make a scripted statement and look presidential, but he then needs to leave so as to not be a distraction. Cap these events at a half hour. Opening statements need to be trimmed, with details provided on-line to the media (and public) in fact sheets.

Establish an order for reporters to ask questions. This can be fairly done with a rotation system. Freedom of the press doesn’t guarantee any reporter the right to ask a question anyway. Childish shouting and interrupting needs to stop.

Encourage news outlets to send their medical correspondents to these pressers. Most political reporters who hang out in the White House press room likely didn’t even take a science class in college. Reporting about this crisis needs technical expertise. Most journalists lack that expertise. Their questions in the briefings demonstrate such.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt guided the nation through the depression and a world war. He held nearly a thousand press briefings during that time. None was broadcast live. The reporters in attendance were hand-picked and prohibited from directly quoting the president. That was extreme press management. Trump’s team is providing much more access and openness. The press can still scrutinize government decisions aggressively during this national crisis, but the stakes are too high right now for anything less than the highest of professional standards.

Jeffrey McCall is a media critic and professor of communication at DePauw University. He has worked as a radio news director, a newspaper reporter and as a political media consultant. Follow him on Twitter @Prof_McCall.

FakeName

Governor
R U the last American unaware of how the press uses the news to push their own agendas and propaganda? Even the press knows this about the press...

TheHill.com (Link)

Press corps theatrics don't help us in a crisis
By Jeffrey M. McCall, opinion contributor — 03/24/20 12:00 PM EDT

One thing the nation doesn’t need now is unnecessary drama. But that is coming in high doses each day once President Trump steps to the podium for the COVID-19 press conferences. Drama seems to follow Trump into any setting, of course, but the antics of the White House press corps put the theatrics into overdrive. American news consumers become the collateral damage, losers in this rhetorical brawl.

The briefings normally start out fine with Trump providing prepared remarks and then yielding to the experts in medicine and government logistics. Dr. Anthony Fauci of the National Institutes for Health, Dr. Deborah Birx of the State Department’s Global Health division, and others have shined with their knowledge and perspective.
Once the floor is opened to press questions, however, chaos ensues. Reporters shout, wave their hands, pontificate, issue editorials disguised as questions, filibuster and interrupt the podium speakers. There is no other place in the nation where decorum is so sorely lacking, and it is happening at the worst possible time. Heated arguments at the local tavern display more class than these press antagonists in front of the nation’s government and medical leaders.

This is not the time for political posturing, media grandstanding or Trump resistance. The nation is suffering. Citizens need information and want hope.
The news media should be stepping up to provide the information needs of a democracy. That includes providing perspective and suitable challenges to bureaucratic pronouncements, exaggerated claims and wishful thinking, regardless of where such things originate. On a macro level, journalists have performed well in this role, especially considering the difficult circumstances. When it comes to behavior in the COVID-19 pressers, however, the press’ urge for confrontation and sensationalism overwhelms their sense of professionalism.

The daily White House press briefings on COVID-19 should be great vehicles for information flow to the public. Reporters have been demanding transparency and access from the Trump administration since inauguration day, and now they have it. The president and the COVID-19 response team are right there every day now for live questions in front of the entire nation. The journalists in the briefing room are fouling up this great opportunity.

Journalists have used the precious time at these pressers to go on tangents about Trump using racist terminology, promoting false hope, and the economic downturn on Trump hotels. Trump predictably didn’t manage these inquiries with tact, but this hardly seems the time to be poking Trump to see what reaction can be had. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was even asked to criticize Trump’s handling of the press. The guilty reporters are not really seeking information, they are seeking a moment to raise their profile on a national stage.

The COVID-19 crisis looks like it will be around for a while, but the daily White House briefings can’t continue with the current unworkable structure. A format change has to be made.

First, these spectacles have to be shorter. Dr. Fauci can’t be standing in front of a press room for an hour and a half each day. He has real work to do. Same for the cabinet secretaries and other government officials. The White House can have the president parade out to make a scripted statement and look presidential, but he then needs to leave so as to not be a distraction. Cap these events at a half hour. Opening statements need to be trimmed, with details provided on-line to the media (and public) in fact sheets.

Establish an order for reporters to ask questions. This can be fairly done with a rotation system. Freedom of the press doesn’t guarantee any reporter the right to ask a question anyway. Childish shouting and interrupting needs to stop.

Encourage news outlets to send their medical correspondents to these pressers. Most political reporters who hang out in the White House press room likely didn’t even take a science class in college. Reporting about this crisis needs technical expertise. Most journalists lack that expertise. Their questions in the briefings demonstrate such.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt guided the nation through the depression and a world war. He held nearly a thousand press briefings during that time. None was broadcast live. The reporters in attendance were hand-picked and prohibited from directly quoting the president. That was extreme press management. Trump’s team is providing much more access and openness. The press can still scrutinize government decisions aggressively during this national crisis, but the stakes are too high right now for anything less than the highest of professional standards.

Jeffrey McCall is a media critic and professor of communication at DePauw University. He has worked as a radio news director, a newspaper reporter and as a political media consultant. Follow him on Twitter @Prof_McCall.
Just an fYI, you cited an opinion piece.

Can you distinguish between Opinion pieces and actual journalism?

For some perspective, you should try, for a month, turning off Fox, Breitbart, The Hill etc. and only getting your info from News sources that are at least 50 years old.

Days

Commentator
Just an fYI, you cited an opinion piece.

Can you distinguish between Opinion pieces and actual journalism?

For some perspective, you should try, for a month, turning off Fox, Breitbart, The Hill etc. and only getting your info from News sources that are at least 50 years old.
FYI... opinion pieces ARE "actual journalism".

And wth? I said I go to all the sources and try to sort out the news.

so.... you disagreeing with the good professor, or just being persnickety? Look at how the journalists behave themselves, they are in no wise acting professional, I don't care how long their respective news outlets have been around. Neither are they in any wise neutral, they are totally on the attack, and all the more so in an election year.

You are attempting to drown me in the propaganda of the left... no thanks, I'm quite familiar with their schtick, it hasn't gotten better over time, in fact, it has gone from bad to worse.

FakeName

Governor
FYI... opinion pieces ARE "actual journalism".

And wth? I said I go to all the sources and try to sort out the news.

so.... you disagreeing with the good professor, or just being persnickety? Look at how the journalists behave themselves, they are in no wise acting professional, I don't care how long their respective news outlets have been around. Neither are they in any wise neutral, they are totally on the attack, and all the more so in an election year.

You are attempting to drown me in the propaganda of the left... no thanks, I'm quite familiar with their schtick, it hasn't gotten better over time, in fact, it has gone from bad to worse.
lol, opinion pieces are not news.....You probably think Hanity and Tucker Carlson are news shows too even though they admit they are purely entertainment.

I am attempting to get you to take a step back from the propaganda as news that is common these days.

Older news sources can lean right like the National Review, or left like The Nation, but it is journalism not propaganda.

Take a step back. Clear your head of Propaganda. getting news only from old sources will help with that.

Come back to reality. Do it for your country.

I dare you.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
lol, opinion pieces are not news.....You probably think Hanity and Tucker Carlson are news shows too even though they admit they are purely entertainment.

I am attempting to get you to take a step back from the propaganda as news that is common these days.

Older news sources can lean right like the National Review, or left like The Nation, but it is journalism not propaganda.

Take a step back. Clear your head of Propaganda. getting news only from old sources will help with that.

Come back to reality. Do it for your country.

I dare you.
So You don't mention ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,MSNBC,NPR, The View, Maddow, Colbert, Kimmell & the combined hundreds of other people. Why is that

Oh they lean left. That's why.

This basically destroys your entire narrative- from a source you note. Grow Up & Be better.

FakeName

Governor
So You don't mention ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,MSNBC,NPR, The View, Maddow, Colbert, Kimmell & the combined hundreds of other people. Why is that

Oh they lean left. That's why.

This basically destroys your entire narrative- from a source you note. Grow Up & Be better.

um.....if you followed my advice you wouldn't watch CNN or MSNBC either, newer than 50 years.

Nor would you watch the view, not old enough, not a news show. Colbert and Kimmel, seriously guy, not old enough, and those are comedy shows not news shows.

Do your country a favor, spend a month getting your news only from sources that have been around at least 50 years.

I dare you.

What are you afraid of?