• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I thought Ukraine was kicking Russian ass...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The missile that hit the apartment building was a Kh-22 launched from Russia’s Kursk region, according to the military’s air force command, adding that Ukraine does not have a system capable of intercepting that type of weapon.

"The use of such a missile against a densely populated city is in fact terrorism against the civilian population.

I guess my first question is, how do we square this account with the narrative that the Russian military is a bunch of bumbling morons traipsing around Ukraine shooting themselves in the feet? And my second question is, based on the above definition of terrorism, does the nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki render the US a "terrorist" regime?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The missile that hit the apartment building was a Kh-22 launched from Russia’s Kursk region, according to the military’s air force command, adding that Ukraine does not have a system capable of intercepting that type of weapon.

"The use of such a missile against a densely populated city is in fact terrorism against the civilian population.

I guess my first question is, how do we square this account with the narrative that the Russian military is a bunch of bumbling morons traipsing around Ukraine shooting themselves in the feet? And my second question is, based on the above definition of terrorism, does the nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki render the US a "terrorist" regime?
Clearly you're having trouble understanding the situation and Russia's indiscriminately bombing civilians

What is the "above definition of terrorism"?

Scott Ritter's perspective on Ukraine 2023:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/2023-outlook-ukraine-scott-ritter/5804695

"As the one-year anniversary of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine approaches, the fact that Ukraine has made it this far into the conflict represents both a moral and, to a lesser extent, a military victory.

"From the chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff to the director of the C.I.A., most senior military and intelligence officials in the West assessed in early 2022 that a major Russian military offensive against Ukraine would result in a rapid, decisive Russian victory.

"The resilience and fortitude of the Ukrainian military surprised everyone, including the Russians, whose initial plan of action, inclusive of forces allocated to the task, proved inadequate to the tasks assigned.

"This perception of a Ukrainian victory, however, is misleading...."

"Military Math

"The impressive Ukrainian military accomplishments that were facilitated through the provision of military aid by NATO came at a huge cost in lives and material.

"While the exact calculation of casualties suffered by either side is difficult to come by, there is widespread acknowledgement, even among the Ukrainian government, that Ukrainian losses have been heavy.

"With the battle-lines currently stabilized, the question of where the war goes from here comes down to basic military math — in short, a causal relationship between two basic equations revolving around burn rates (how quickly losses are sustained) versus replenishment rates (how quickly such losses can be replaced.) The calculus bodes ill for Ukraine.

"Neither NATO nor the United States appear able to sustain the quantity of weapons that have been delivered to Ukraine, which enabled the successful fall counteroffensives against the Russians.

"This equipment has largely been destroyed, and despite Ukraine’s insistence on its need for more tanks, armored fighting vehicles, artillery and air defense, and while new military aid appears to be forthcoming, it will be late to the battle and in insufficient quantities to have a game-winning impact on the battlefield.

"Likewise, the casualty rates sustained by Ukraine, which at times reach more than 1,000 men per day, far exceed its ability to mobilize and train replacements."

Easter Sunday falls on 9 April this year.
Any predictions on what Ukraine will look like at that time?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Scott Ritter's perspective on Ukraine 2023:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/2023-outlook-ukraine-scott-ritter/5804695

"As the one-year anniversary of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine approaches, the fact that Ukraine has made it this far into the conflict represents both a moral and, to a lesser extent, a military victory.

"From the chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff to the director of the C.I.A., most senior military and intelligence officials in the West assessed in early 2022 that a major Russian military offensive against Ukraine would result in a rapid, decisive Russian victory.

"The resilience and fortitude of the Ukrainian military surprised everyone, including the Russians, whose initial plan of action, inclusive of forces allocated to the task, proved inadequate to the tasks assigned.

"This perception of a Ukrainian victory, however, is misleading...."

"Military Math

"The impressive Ukrainian military accomplishments that were facilitated through the provision of military aid by NATO came at a huge cost in lives and material.

"While the exact calculation of casualties suffered by either side is difficult to come by, there is widespread acknowledgement, even among the Ukrainian government, that Ukrainian losses have been heavy.

"With the battle-lines currently stabilized, the question of where the war goes from here comes down to basic military math — in short, a causal relationship between two basic equations revolving around burn rates (how quickly losses are sustained) versus replenishment rates (how quickly such losses can be replaced.) The calculus bodes ill for Ukraine.

"Neither NATO nor the United States appear able to sustain the quantity of weapons that have been delivered to Ukraine, which enabled the successful fall counteroffensives against the Russians.

"This equipment has largely been destroyed, and despite Ukraine’s insistence on its need for more tanks, armored fighting vehicles, artillery and air defense, and while new military aid appears to be forthcoming, it will be late to the battle and in insufficient quantities to have a game-winning impact on the battlefield.

"Likewise, the casualty rates sustained by Ukraine, which at times reach more than 1,000 men per day, far exceed its ability to mobilize and train replacements."

Easter Sunday falls on 9 April this year.
Any predictions on what Ukraine will look like at that time?
Still there.. fighting. You...still posting Russian propaganda.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Don’t forget to wave your Putin pom-poms.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
By every rational measure Ukraine has more than held its own.
Would have saved many Ukrainian lives and American taxpayers much money if USA would have just put boots on the ground and ended this bullshit months back. Doesn't appears War would have lasted at most a week if we had.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Somehow you equate Japan in 1945, a nation that attacked the US, with Ukaraine...attacked by Putin. Putin is waging a war of terror...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Would have saved many Ukrainian lives and American taxpayers much money if USA would have just put boots on the ground and ended this bullshit months back. Doesn't appears War would have lasted at most a week if we had.
That was the answer then, it remains the answer now. Whether US military, or an international peacekeeping force, Russia has been revealed to be a has been military force on par with the Iraqi military. The only threat that they can still muster is their nuclear arsenal for which we have an equal devastating counter

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Why is that something for consideration? It isn't. Putin has committed a war crime by sending his army into Ukraine. He is not eliminating nazis by destroying apartment blocks
He's not eliminating nazis. What he's doing is blowing up innocent civilians indiscriminately

middleview

President
Supporting Member
He's not eliminating nazis. What he's doing is blowing up innocent civilians indiscriminately
It is obviously a campaign of terror intended to force the government of Ukraine to allow him to steal Ukrainian land and resources.

We need to supply weapons with greater range and to take off any restrictions on how they are used.

Bomb the snot out of Russian bases in Russia. Bomb Russian infrastructure.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It is obviously a campaign of terror intended to force the government of Ukraine to allow him to steal Ukrainian land and resources.

We need to supply weapons with greater range and to take off any restrictions on how they are used.

Bomb the snot out of Russian bases in Russia. Bomb Russian infrastructure.
well, yes... be careful, you'll attract the attention of the b.b.bb.ut ww3 armageddon crowd....

i agree. a US action would end this in a blink.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
well, yes... be careful, you'll attract the attention of the b.b.bb.ut ww3 armageddon crowd....

i agree. a US action would end this in a blink.
I wonder how many missile launchers are in a Patriot Battery. Anyone here know?

PS. A battery is a single truck with 8 launchers, four missles each.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Really? You think it is a sign of military competence to throw cruise missiles at an apartment building? The evidence that Russian military leadership is incompetent is in events like the troops trapped on the river bank and destroyed by Ukrainian artillery.