• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I thought Ukraine was kicking Russian ass...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Really? You think it is a sign of military competence to throw cruise missiles at an apartment building? The evidence that Russian military leadership is incompetent is in events like the troops trapped on the river bank and destroyed by Ukrainian artillery.
The goal of the war is to make Ukraine cry "uncle." The idea that you can attack a populous country without killing any civilians is, well, pedantic. Is it "competent?" I think it's pretty effective, that's for sure:

Photos Ukraine Destruction - Bing images

Peruse those photos and tell me again how Ukraine is "winning" the war!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The goal of the war is to make Ukraine cry "uncle." The idea that you can attack a populous country without killing any civilians is, well, pedantic. Is it "competent?" I think it's pretty effective, that's for sure:

Peruse those photos and tell me again how Ukraine is "winning" the war!
Russian citizens fleeing the country rather than joining the fight.
Global condemnation of Putin and Russia.
Russia recruiting from prisons.
Fourth Russian command change in a year.

Nah, clearly Russia is winning....aren't you glad?

Raoul_Luke

That was the answer then, it remains the answer now. Whether US military, or an international peacekeeping force, Russia has been revealed to be a has been military force on par with the Iraqi military. The only threat that they can still muster is their nuclear arsenal for which we have an equal devastating counter
Courting all out nuclear war isn't exactly a good look.

Raoul_Luke

Russian citizens fleeing the country rather than joining the fight.
Global condemnation of Putin and Russia.
Russia recruiting from prisons.
Fourth Russian command change in a year.

Nah, clearly Russia is winning....aren't you glad?
Not nearly as "glad" as you seem to be that the nation of Ukraine has been obliterated in support of the US' proxy war with Russia. Maybe we should have tried offering up a NATO contraction in return for assurance that Russia wouldn't attack Ukraine a year ago? Nah, it's only Ukrainians dying for our right to project western hegemony right up to the Kremlin's front door. The end justifies the means, am I right? I'd just like to know what the "end" is - it looks to me like it is nuclear destruction of the entire world.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Not nearly as "glad" as you seem to be that the nation of Ukraine has been obliterated in support of the US' proxy war with Russia. Maybe we should have tried offering up a NATO contraction in return for assurance that Russia wouldn't attack Ukraine a year ago? Nah, it's only Ukrainians dying for our right to project western hegemony right up to the Kremlin's front door. The end justifies the means, am I right? I'd just like to know what the "end" is - it looks to me like it is nuclear destruction of the entire world.
Baloney. You're full of shit. Ukraine has fought for it's right to exist for centuries before you read some dumb shit in a cheap website.

My family has paid for it dearly and it wasn't for hegemony

Raoul_Luke

Baloney. You're full of shit. Ukraine has fought for it's right to exist for centuries before you read some dumb shit in a cheap website.

My family has paid for it dearly and it wasn't for hegemony
I don't consider this:

"Existence."

I'm not criticizing Ukraine for fighting its best fight to remain free - I am criticizing the neocons for leading Ukraine to the slaughter.

Why is that something for consideration? It isn't. Putin has committed a war crime by sending his army into Ukraine. He is not eliminating nazis by destroying apartment blocks
Apparently Russia believes taking and holding territory is less useful in winning a war than depleting your enemy's fighting forces through attrition. If Ukraine is losing 8-10 fighters for every Russian they eliminate, whichever side suffers the greatest losses will lose the war.

well, yes... be careful, you'll attract the attention of the b.b.bb.ut ww3 armageddon crowd....

i agree. a US action would end this in a blink.
What infrastructure currently exists that would facilitat4 a US victory over Russia inside Ukraine?

https://www.tellerreport.com/news/2022-11-05-scott-ritter--europe-is-not-happy-that-poland-is-dragging-nato-into-the-conflict-in-ukraine.Bkf4oWQNBj.html

"'First, there is no infrastructure, even for the United States.'

"'Of course, we have the 101st Airborne Division - but this light infantry with helicopters will be in the zone of action of powerful air defense systems and heavy armored vehicles, they will not last long, 'InotTV quotes Ritter.'"

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Apparently Russia believes taking and holding territory is less useful in winning a war than depleting your enemy's fighting forces through attrition. If Ukraine is losing 8-10 fighters for every Russian they eliminate, whichever side suffers the greatest losses will lose the war.
Putin is killing civilians....old people, children. Your cheering him and the murder of Ukrainians is pretty disgusting.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

middleview

President
Supporting Member
There's a segment of Russian TV pundits lauding and praising the destruction in dnipro etc

Give me a few minutes and I'll find you the clip.

Sick and evil people's
Still you have to wonder about a guy on Russian TV telling the truth, that Putin's "special military operation" has failed in every aspect.

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
Personally, I think we should have stayed out of it. That conflict had nothing to do with us and was no threat to us. While we dump billions into this war across the ocean, European countries donate millions.

Should be the other way around. The Europeans have been suckling at the American money tit for 100 years. Now, there like the welfare crowd, won't do anything for themselves because we'll be there to do it for them.