• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I, too, am in favor of reparations.

Spamature

President
NO amount of money could ever "repair" what happened
If reparations are paid then the next day there will be something else and the day after that as well.

(give'em an inch and they will want a mile)
The damage can be repaired with the opportunities the money provides.
That is what the plan does. It provides the opportunity for equality, equity and education in a concentrated effort specially aimed at the eliminating the effects of the deprivations imposed upon the enslaved that left them with no opportunity, no equality, no education and no equity.

Now just like the enslavers, Blacks will do it with a plan meant to benefit them above all.

But unlike the slave masters, Blacks doing it with their own funding and pay thier own way, instead of stealing it from others like the slaveholders did.

The fundamental thing about this is they can take their mile, and they tell the enslavers they don't want a thing from them for free, nor can anyone say afterward they got something for free.

It's the enslavers who got the freebies off the backs of their ancestors, not them.

protectionist

Governor
If the person spent a lifetime as a high paid Master degree holding professional. Yet losing a job to a minority causes them to have to scrape for any job they can find ? Then maybe they had instead been receiving highly unfair favorable treatment, for which they were undeserving in the first place ?

I just listed several widely known cases of racism specifically against the black race.

Then demand that whites, the perpetrators of this racism you claim, to pay you reparations. This thread is about black people paying for their own reparations.

Why are you afraid to post about the topic itself ?
Once again, the topic is "reparations" based on social (racial) injustice. Well, that is exactly what has happened to whites, on a massive scale, far more than any anti-black racism that exists (if there is any).

And, unlike the irrelevant slavery scenario that you keep talking about, the victims of this social (racial) injustice (Affiramtive Action) are ALIVE NOW, and able to receive reparations$$$$$$.

protectionist

Governor
That is what the plan does. It provides the opportunity for equality, equity and education in a concentrated effort specially aimed at the eliminating the effects of the deprivations imposed upon the enslaved that left them with no opportunity, no equality, no education and no equity.

Now just like the enslavers, Blacks will do it with a plan meant to benefit them above all.

But unlike the slave masters, Blacks doing it with their own funding and pay thier own way, instead of stealing it from others like the slaveholders did.

The fundamental thing about this is they can take their mile, and they tell the enslavers they don't want a thing from them for free, nor can anyone say afterward they got something for free.

It's the enslavers who got the freebies off the backs of their ancestors, not them.
There IS NO DAMAGE to the people that you want to give reparations to. Makes no sense.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Are you in grade school?
Yes, the democrats both white and black were the enslavers so send your whines to them or as I've posted, YOU start paying or stfu.

Reparations will not stop blacks from killing each other daily across America at rampant rates or keep them in school so you're blowing smoke..............STOP

Spamature

President
Are you in grade school?
Yes, the democrats both white and black were the enslavers so send your whines to them or as I've posted, YOU start paying or stfu.

Reparations will not stop blacks from killing each other daily across America at rampant rates or keep them in school so you're blowing smoke..............STOP
Do you believe that blacks are inferior human beings ?

Spamature

President
There IS NO DAMAGE to the people that you want to give reparations to. Makes no sense.
So slavery has no lasting effect on a populace.
You can lower millions of people to the status of animals for hundreds of years, and it changes nothing about that group in any negative way going on into the future ?

It makes no difference to future generations if everything from the previous generation is stolen from them to increase the wealth of another group and leave them and their descendants without any of it ?

You know that's a lie.

Last edited:

Spamature

President
NO
evidently you do
of course I don't live in the projects as you do

If you know them to be your equals, and you know that they were robbed, abused and oppressed as a group by the very people who love to point out how bad things are for black people after having done that.

Then why are you attacking black people with that exact same kind of statement their oppressors would use if you really believe them to be equals ?

Last edited:

trapdoor

Governor
If it's a loan, on taxes that are paid annually. This means it's guaranteed by money already in circulation. Corporate financing from partnerships and the private banking system can get it done based upon that asset. In fact, private enterprise would be eager to get in on the proposal, considering the benefits available to them. The Fed doesn't need to be involved. If the initial funding comes from black taxpayers, then they are paying for their own, not others are paying for them.

If that illegal fishing paid for the estate you inherited ?
Do, you think it is right not to repay what was stolen out of the benefit you enjoy today ? Do you believe the estate should be yours unencumbered by the debt of that theft ? It is the same question as if your family had stolen a painting from the National Archives. Do you get to keep and profit it because your ancestor got away with the original theft ? Or does it still belong to the people of this nation it was stolen from ?

If you can explain to me how ending slavery repairs the damage from slavery, then I might understand your point. But just not continuing to keep people enslaved does nothing to repair the damage cause by the act itself.

It's like saying, I stopped beating you, so that repair the bones I broke by be beating you in the first place. We went over this before. Pulling out the 9-inch knife, you stab someone with, 3, 6, or all 9 inches does not repair the wound caused by that knife.
Loans are repaid by someone, or they're just grants which is what this looks like to me.

My grandfather who illegally fished left an estate consisting of a can full of tobacco juice and a half-empty whiskey bottle. If he'd left an estate based on his ill-gotten fishing empire, how is that the responsibility of his great-great-great-great grandchildren? No matter how ill-gotten his gains, they had nothing to do with his activities. We punish people who commit crimes, not people who didn't.

Ending slavery and running freedmen's bureaus, etc., for nearly 20 years after the war repaid any debt of slavery, and it isn't the damage of slavery you want repaired -- it is the follow-on 150-plus years of racism. Racism is a horrible social force, but it isn't something the government can "repay" people for experiencing.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
If you know them to be your equals, and you know that they were robbed, abused and oppressed as a group by the very people who love to point out how bad things are for black people after having done that.

Then why are you attacking black people with that exact same kind of statement their oppressors would use if you really believe them to be equals ?
You ask nothing of being "equals" you ask if I thought they were "inferior human beings" that's a whole different ballgame. The only one's "robbed" are robbed by other blacks and none living were robbed by dem slave Massa's and evidently a few repubs slave Massa's, so put away your fiddle and dry your tears. Why is it other groups of people can come to America and many with just the clothes they have on their backs and PROSPER?

Cry us a river............many-many blacks are a hellofa lot better off than I am, that's life and unlike YOU I will not set around and cry of how oppressed I am...........BOOHOOO

Spamature

President
You ask nothing of being "equals" you ask if I thought they were "inferior human beings" that's a whole different ballgame. The only one's "robbed" are robbed by other blacks and none living were robbed by dem slave Massa's and evidently a few repubs slave Massa's, so put away your fiddle and dry your tears. Why is it other groups of people can come to America and many with just the clothes they have on their backs and PROSPER?

Cry us a river............many-many blacks are a hellofa lot better off than I am, that's life and unlike YOU I will not set around and cry of how oppressed I am...........BOOHOOO
There can only be inferior, equal, or superior.
You claim not to be equal, and you say you don't believe them to be inferior.
So you are telling you believe blacks to be superior to you ?
See how stupid your dishonesty looks like when you lie about what you really think.

Wow, you sound angry and bitter toward blacks.
It was that kind of bitterness and dehumanization that allowed people to believe in slavery in the first place. You keep it alive and well in your heart.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
There can only be inferior, equal, or superior.
You claim not to be equal, and you say you don't believe them to be inferior.
So you are telling you believe blacks to be superior to you ?
See how stupid your dishonesty looks like when you lie about what you really think.

Wow, you sound angry and bitter toward blacks.
It was that kind of bitterness and dehumanization that allowed people to believe in slavery in the first place. You keep it alive and well in your heart.
Again you're calling me a Racist
and posting bullshit I didn't post
time to make as if you don't exist
CYA

Spamature

President
Loans are repaid by someone, or they're just grants which is what this looks like to me.

My grandfather who illegally fished left an estate consisting of a can full of tobacco juice and a half-empty whiskey bottle. If he'd left an estate based on his ill-gotten fishing empire, how is that the responsibility of his great-great-great-great grandchildren? No matter how ill-gotten his gains, they had nothing to do with his activities. We punish people who commit crimes, not people who didn't.

Ending slavery and running freedmen's bureaus, etc., for nearly 20 years after the war repaid any debt of slavery, and it isn't the damage of slavery you want repaired -- it is the follow-on 150-plus years of racism. Racism is a horrible social force, but it isn't something the government can "repay" people for experiencing.
Year 1 repayment starts in yr 26 and proceeds annually. Fund flows from mortgage payments alone would easily exceed repayment requirement by then. With 2 additional rounds before, repayment is the sole interest of the project in the last 25 yrs.

This isn't a punishment. It's the opportunity that was denied by enslavement.
How is doing right by one the punishment of another ?

While black surely were targeted with racism. But American chattel slavery was an exclusive wrong, and in turn it's harm was compounded by the racism and discrimination that followed it.

Last edited:

Spamature

President
Again you're calling me a Racist
and posting bullshit I didn't post
time to make as if you don't exist
CYA
If not a or b then it has to be c.
Readers looking at your last 5 post can tell that you do not believe blacks to be superior. You provided the proof of your own dishonest. I only pointed it out to you.

You were useful.

trapdoor

Governor
Year 1 repayment starts in yr 26 and proceeds annually. Fund flows from mortgage payments alone would easily exceed repayment requirement by then. With 2 additional rounds before, repayment is the sole interest of the project in the last 25 yrs.

While black surely were targeted with racism. But American chattel slavery was an exclusive wrong, and in turn it's harm was compounded by the racism and discrimination that followed it.
You're system is wrong from the very outset because it includes the word "repayment." The people receiving this largesse are not being REpaid. They're just receiving a payment.

No one alive today had their opportunity denied by slavery practiced in the United States.

This does amount to punishment for people who are white, whether they are descended from slave owners or not. My mother's family didn't come to this country until after slavery ended, but they'd be just as culpable as the family of Jefferson Davis under the system you've described.

And what that system does is provide a payment to a specific segment of the population without any constitutional basis. The broadest reading of "general welfare" doesn't include the specific welfare of certain groups.

Nor was chattel slavery an exclusive wrong -- America was by no means the only country to practice it, and was not even the last country to do so. Sudan and Mauritania still do (there may be others, I know it is still a practice in the places I named).

protectionist

Governor

"Enslavement" has nothing to do with 21st century America.

The Democratic Fiction Party | PoliticalJack.com

Spamature

President
You're system is wrong from the very outset because it includes the word "repayment." The people receiving this largesse are not being REpaid. They're just receiving a payment.

No one alive today had their opportunity denied by slavery practiced in the United States.

This does amount to punishment for people who are white, whether they are descended from slave owners or not. My mother's family didn't come to this country until after slavery ended, but they'd be just as culpable as the family of Jefferson Davis under the system you've described.

And what that system does is provide a payment to a specific segment of the population without any constitutional basis. The broadest reading of "general welfare" doesn't include the specific welfare of certain groups.

Nor was chattel slavery an exclusive wrong -- America was by no means the only country to practice it, and was not even the last country to do so. Sudan and Mauritania still do (there may be others, I know it is still a practice in the places I named).
HOLY SHIT !?!!?!?!?!??

First of all, the very idea of repaying reparations is simply unheard of, and so generous as to be self insulting. If you've never heard, reparations are supposed to be ONE WAY and not include returning the payment for damages. Yet somehow that is not good enough for you ?
Plus, you think someone outside those responsible for repayment should have a say in how it works and who should be entitled to what and how ?

Amazing....

The wealth created by the labor of their ancestor that was STOLEN is one of the central, if not most central, foundations of American wealth. It raised one group and lowered another. That has an effect that has lasted to this day.

Reparations are for damage done to one specific group. You seem to think every American should be compensated for what happened to one group of Americans.
Chattel Slavery was exclusive to one group in America.

You can't hide the wrong done here by trying to shift the blame to some other country. You didn't care that the Brits paid reparations to slave owners. So why are you trying to drag what African countries did in their lands as some kind of excuse for what was done here. This is about America, not anywhere else.

That did come up when reparations were paid to any other group. It went specifically to that group and no other group. Yet for the descendants of slaves it unconstitutional. How exactly do you figure that ?