• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If China backs Russia's play or even tacitly endorses it...

God of War

Governor
... we should double tariffs on China. If the Dems don't do that we will know who they are and what they are about.

Time to make Levis and Nike shoes in America again.

EatTheRich

President
Punitive tariffs have never been good for workers, farmers, or the middle class. Only for a faction of industrialists whose private profit comes at the expense of general growth.

write on

Senator
... we should double tariffs on China. If the Dems don't do that we will know who they are and what they are about.

Time to make Levis and Nike shoes in America again.
Biting the hand that feeds you.

Biden knows that the sanctions have to come timed.

God of War

Governor
Punitive tariffs have never been good for workers, farmers, or the middle class. Only for a faction of industrialists whose private profit comes at the expense of general growth.
No, we want them to bring back making Levi's to America. That and EVERYTHING else we made. Mfg. no further afield than in our own American hemisphere would be best for us. I'd love my hammer made in Tierra del Fuego.

God of War

Governor
Biting the hand that feeds you.

Biden knows that the sanctions have to come timed.
China doesn't feed me. It clothes me. I want textile workers in N. or S. Carolina to clothe me again. I want my white Hanes T-Shirt to say "Made in America" again. We' d be better able to lead the world in an unfettered fashion if we did. ha ha

write on

Senator
China doesn't feed me. It clothes me. I want textile workers in N. or S. Carolina to clothe me again. I want my white Hanes T-Shirt to say "Made in America" again. We' d be better able to lead the world in an unfettered fashion if we did. ha ha
And the workers unionized, right?

God of War

Governor
And the workers unionized, right?
Do you know why jobs got offshored? Two reasons. First and foremost $100,000 union pay for jobs only economicaly viable at $20,000. The second reason is the imaginary potential of the offshore market. Automation and artificial intelligence will allow textile workers to be paid $100K because it won't hire 100's of thousands but only thousands.

EatTheRich

President
No, we want them to bring back making Levi's to America. That and EVERYTHING else we made. Mfg. no further afield than in our own American hemisphere would be best for us. I'd love my hammer made in Tierra del Fuego.
Who cares if it means our economy never advances beyond the days of Levi Strauss, huh?

God of War

Governor
The “buy American” campaign you and Biden support means, in practice, protectionist interference with the market that comes at the expense of innovation and economic growth.
Nonsense.

Off shoring off shored the pollution of manufacturing. There is no fair trade between countries not in the same categories of first, second, and third world. In the first world we can control the pollution of manufacturing.