• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If Mitt Romney lost the Florida Primary, could it be the end of his candidacy?

If Mitt Romney loses the Florida Primary, could that end his candidacy?

• Maybe

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Probably Not

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GordonGecko

President
I say no....but it makes the chances of him limping into the Convention a bloody mess, broke, and hated by a big minority of his own Party...that more likely.

Bo-4

Senator
It wouldn't be the end. Mittens makes 20 million a year on investments alone and he'll spend it if necessary to go down to the bitter end and get the power he's been craving for the past decade!

GordonGecko

President
At some point though, his handlers at RNC HQ would be worried that they were backing a losing horse and that to have ANY control over Newt, they'd need to get behind him.

I think that point would be WAY down the road though...say a Super Tuesday, where Newt won most of the primaries and Romney picked up only one or two.

THEN, the RNC would start "negotiations" with Gingrich.

Nope. One thing you can say about Mitt - he's prepared for the long haul with a nationwide campaign organizations a decent sized war chest. He'll battle to the bitter end.

GordonGecko

President
Nope. One thing you can say about Mitt - he's prepared for the long haul with a nationwide campaign organizations a decent sized war chest. He'll battle to the bitter end.
But that "bitter end" goal-post could get moved. If he loses 30-70% of the Primaries upto and during Super Tuesday, it will be damn near impossible for the RNC and Establishment types to keep backing him...even with a ton of cash.

Mind you this is WAY hypothetical...I see Newt being the one who does 30-70% and being forced out due to lack of money.

But if reversed, endless cash can carry Romney only so far.

It's been a crazy primary so far, so I'm not willing to wager how it's all going to shake out.

Super Tuesday is before the switch from proportional to winner take all delegate allocation, so we need to be sure to look at the total delegates won that day, not total victories. Races decided by thin margins aren't going to do much to thin the herd if it's still under a proportional allocation.

D

Doc

VERY hard to predict, BUT...IF he loses Florida, he could risk losing the entire South.

Although, I still think he will at least go the distance. He is "safe" in that aspect, far better positioned than any of the other Primary Candidates.

Due to MONEY, if anything.....