• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If Mitt Romney lost the Florida Primary, could it be the end of his candidacy?

• Yes

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Maybe/Not Sure

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters

Chris

Council Member
New Poll that GordonGecko started with different options.

I say no....but it makes the chances of him limping into the Convention a bloody mess, broke, and hated by a big minority of his own Party...that more likely.
... GordonGecko

Figjam

Mayor
...of course not - we ALL know it is only a short matter of time before mr. gnewt craps all over himself and drops back down in the pols...

...besides, with mr. gnewt as their standard bearer - those "family values" and personal ethics teapublican planks will take a major hit, no?

GordonGecko

President
On this...a solid "No".

Mitt Romney WILL be the GOP Nominee by hook or by crook if the RNC has to fake pictures of Newt with a farm animal or claim that Callista worked her way through college "on the streets".

They WILL destroy Gingrich if he doesn't just fade on his own.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
There may be some manipulation of the votes if the RNC establishment decides to throw Newt overboard. It does seem that a lot of politicians on the right don't like the guy. Florida will go to whoever Jeb endorces.

Figjam

Mayor
...oh, I see, screwing your wife's care-taker is a conservative family value. Thanks for clearing that up for me...

...and being fined a RECORD sanction in the House - that too is "good" - keep telling yourself that al and eventually it could be true...

Figjam

Mayor
..come on rep - we ALL know mr. gnewt will blow himself up soon - it is just a matter of time...

kgswiger

Council Member
I say no. He's got enough money to put up a long fight, and this is probably his last realistic shot at the Presidency.

Council Member
Lefty doesn't understand what conservative consider family values.
Righty doesn't have a clue as to what family values are until they discuss what has happened with their members lifes, and come up with an excuse of their behavior which then becomes their idea of what Family vales is all about. Kind of like a book call catch 22 is how republicans act.

Council Member
...oh, I see, screwing your wife's care-taker is a conservative family value. Thanks for clearing that up for me...

...and being fined a RECORD sanction in the House - that too is "good" - keep telling yourself that al and eventually it could be true...
No newt said he wasn't fined 300,000 he was just helping the govt pay for the leagal process they were conned into taking on by his enemies.
And since some of his backers on the right were going to eat their own if he stayed around, he once again, for the good of the party and nation did what was needed and he resigned. Come on figjam, aren't you listening to Newt, hes a Historian.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Probably not. He has the money, power, and influence of the RNC (Rino National Committee) and the talking heads at Fox News, still trying to cram the lying snake down our throats.

Super Tuesday will put RINOmney out of the race

jammer

Mayor
Righty doesn't have a clue as to what family values are until they discuss what has happened with their members lifes, and come up with an excuse of their behavior which then becomes their idea of what Family vales is all about. Kind of like a book call catch 22 is how republicans act.
That's all true, because the right just has to say "God forgives me all the times I was banging my intern while my wife was sick, or all those times I took money from a lobbyist for my vote, or all those little boys I had over for a "sleep over" while the wife was out of town, so my family values are intact."

NightSwimmer

Senator
I wouldn't think that Romney would drop out if he lost in Florida. The pertinent question is whether such a loss would lead into a longer-term downward trend. Even if Gingrich should collapse after Florida, Romney could still be challenged by a late entrant into the campaign. He's only won New Hampshire, so far. Mitt has the cash and the organization, yet he lacks a large base of supporters -- even within his own Party.

Dave

Council Member
On this...a solid "No".

Mitt Romney WILL be the GOP Nominee by hook or by crook if the RNC has to fake pictures of Newt with a farm animal or claim that Callista worked her way through college "on the streets".

They WILL destroy Gingrich if he doesn't just fade on his own.
Hey GG, I remember you had some prediction threads along the way. Who did you predict as the nominee back in say, September?

GordonGecko

President
Hey GG, I remember you had some prediction threads along the way. Who did you predict as the nominee back in say, September?
After Perry's collapse? Romney.

I freely admit buying into the Perry hype....plus thought he'd have the MONEY to compete with Mitt. I didn't count on the fact that he's a total doofus under pressure that made Dubya look like Bill Buckley and Churchill.

If I seriously thought Newt was going to be nominee...I was nuts. The fix is in on this thing.

LaurieAnnM

Council Member
There may be some manipulation of the votes if the RNC establishment decides to throw Newt overboard. It does seem that a lot of politicians on the right don't like the guy. Florida will go to whoever Jeb endorces.
Well true and the Bush family supports Romney ..But don't forget how Ole Jeb botched the illegal vote grabbing antics for his brother in Florida and caused such a fiasco there ala his compatriot in vote stealing tactics ala Katherine Harris and the cool 5 million she took from the Bush GOP Election camapign to purge the voter rolls in highly democratic districts.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I did the same thing. I thought Perry would be great as a candidate and as a President. I didn't realize that he is a moron. Gingrich was always my favorite but at that time I didn't think he had a chance.