• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If the SC overturns Roe.. we'll see the full scope and scale of leftist destruction and violence.

EatTheRich

President
"Buy on rumor. Sell on fact". This is a well known investment aphorism. But i doubt its from buffet.

In the case of the roe rumors, it seems unlikely that anyone will be surprised when the announcement is made.

Additional violent threats against SCOTUS justices could make democrats' midterm results even worse, by validating the party of law and order in the minds of centrists.

Spree shootings tend to be triggered by mental illness, not legal opinions.
Pretty sure nobody buys that the GOP are the “party of law and order” after the 1/6 insurrection.

write on

Senator
Of course. Along with controlling the sale of guns so there is less gun carnage. And I’m sure you agree that we usually cannot identify in advance those who cause gun carnage. We find out afterward, when people have been slaughtered.
I cringe every time I hear give "thoughts and prayers' and "people kill people, not guns" after a massacre- without comprehending that less guns will slow the massacres.

That is hard for a hardcore 2nd A defender because they think they need them to fight against the government, ignoring the fact that if the government really wanted our guns they would have already done it-given that gun sales have steadily grown for at least a decade.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
We'll see.

Christ..just the thought of it .. evidenced by a crazy set off to kill Kavanaugh... I think I'm on target ....
So one guy nuts enough to tell his wife his plan and setting out to kill Kavenaugh and die by cop is somehow representative of the left....

So how about all the threats from right wingers aimed at election workers in the battleground states? The AZ speaker of the house harassed and threatened by Trump supporters? The families of these people threatened. That was widespread and much more representative of the right than Roske is of the left.

write on

Senator
So one guy nuts enough to tell his wife his plan and setting out to kill Kavenaugh and die by cop is somehow representative of the left....

So how about all the threats from right wingers aimed at election workers in the battleground states? The AZ speaker of the house harassed and threatened by Trump supporters? The families of these people threatened. That was widespread and much more representative of the right than Roske is of the left.
Case in point. Now the fascists are going after sane Republicans.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I cringe every time I hear give "thoughts and prayers' and "people kill people, not guns" after a massacre- without comprehending that less guns will slow the massacres.

That is hard for a hardcore 2nd A defender because they think they need them to fight against the government, ignoring the fact that if the government really wanted our guns they would have already done it-given that gun sales have steadily grown for at least a decade.
I don’t think anyone truly doubts that far less guns would bring about far less gun slaughters. It’s a matter of values - weighing the value of human lives versus the value of guns.

write on

Senator
No doubt this guy thinks he's a patriot defending the country against the government...and the tens of thousands he spent on weapons and ammo is a good investment.

From the looks of the house, he should have spent his money more judiciously.
Finally!

It took the massacre at Uvalde to snap the singular reason in thinking of common sense gun laws.

If we could just keep politics out of the conversation and see the 'elephant in the room'.

It seems that some elephants are smarter than others.

Says who? Apparently the Constitution and the courts say otherwise.
That is the tricky part. The government is never going to tell you they are tyrannical.
If individuals don't decide when the government is tyrannical There is absolutely no need at all for the 2nd amendment.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is the tricky part. The government is never going to tell you they are tyrannical.
If individuals don't decide when the government is tyrannical There is absolutely no need at all for the 2nd amendment.
Other than the obvious and inherent right to keep and bear arms if one so chooses