• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If you record the police you may lose your right to keep your identity private.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Yes, police making up fictional stories is exactly why they should be defunded.
You have no obligation to comply with an unlawful order.
If you are one of these nutballs who wants to completely get rid of police, what would you advise people to do if someone or someones are breaking into their house?

reason10

Governor
Yes, police making up fictional stories is exactly why they should be defunded.
You have no obligation to comply with an unlawful order.
What police make up fictional stories? Name them.

Oh, and thank you for being honest about the fact that you are a defund whacko.

reason10

Governor
The police are a buncha of untrustworthy terrorists. They should be defunded and thrown in Guantanamo.
Actually, BLM and ANTIFA are the terrorists. The police is the ONLY think standing between you and those animals.

But by all means, reject the police. When someone breaks into your house and is about to rob and kill you, go ahead and dial 911. And wait for an hour because the department has been defunded.

Actually, if there is evidence of a crime on a smart phone and you refused to turn it over you are guilty of obstruction of justice. That law has been around long before smart phones. Oh, and only a BIGOT would accuse ALL police of something based on the actions of a few.
Get a warrant. Don't just hand your property over to the police. Why not just hand over your 4th amendment rights on a platter to the terrorist police state while you're at it?

reason10

Governor
Get a warrant. Don't just hand your property over to the police. Why not just hand over your 4th amendment rights on a platter to the terrorist police state while you're at it?
Get someone with an education to read the Constitution to you.

The 4th Amendment (and the Miranda decision by the way) only applies IF YOU HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF A CRIME AND HAVE BEEN ARRESTED. You can be subpoenaed as a witness to a crime. If you refuse, a bench warrant will be issued for your arrest. The charge? Contempt of court, complete with fines and jail time.

If you have been arrested and were NOT given the Miranda warning (get someone with an education to explain that to you), then your admitting to a crime can be struck down in court and the case tossed.

The wonderful STATE (that you worship on a daily basis when it takes money from me to award you welfare checks) can basically do anything it wants with you in the process of prosecuting a crime.

Search warrants are given to search the domiciles of suspects of a crime. If you are accused and the evidence is in your car, the officer can call a judge for a search warrant.

Each state has its own penal code and its own Rules of Criminal Procedure. Because my degree was in Florida, here's our rules.
https://www-media.floridabar.org/uploads/2020/04/Criminal-Procedure-Rules-4-6-20.pdf

I can't say I have that much experience in criminal law. What few temp jobs I took at law offices were for big ticket class action suits. (AND YOU DON'T KNOW PAPERWORK UNTIL YOU'VE HAD TO SPEND A WHOLE DAY IN ONE ROOM WITH A SINGLE PERCENTAGE POINT OF SUCH A CASE.)

You probably didn't know that you can be arrested for having $10,000 cash on your person, for whatever reason. It can be seized and never given back to you, even if you committed no crime at all. Even if you were taking the cash to buy a car (which is REALLY stupid today, since there's this wonderful invention called the Debit card), if you are caught with it, you go to jail. And that's the way it has been throughout the 80s to now, DEmocrat or Republican presidents notwithstanding.

reason10

Governor
Boys and girls, (I'm not going to mention names because the mods will accuse me of insulting someone) does it seem strange that there are one or two idiots here who automatically parrot the DUMBEST liberal mantras on the street without even thinking about it?

reason10

Governor
Here's how it would go.

"Ma'am I need your name, address and phone number. You may have evidence of a crime recorded on your smartphone camera and the DA may want to subpoena your record on the matter of this potential crime you recorded."

"No?"

"Turn around you're being arrested for impeding an investigation."
Uh, I don't know why nobody mentioned this before, (and I suppose I should go easy on the idiots because I'm just now noticing this), the thread title says "record the police and you can lose the right to keep your identity quiet."

In your first post, you never mentioned recording the police.

I find that strange.

You also mentioned something about having the right to keep your identity quiet. Did anyone send you the memo that there is no such thing as a constitutional right to keep your identity quiet?

And there's NOTHING in this thread that discusses (a) recording the police, or (b) a mythical right to keep an identity quiet.

reason10

Governor
No, but legalizing prostitution would.
Well, then if legalizing rape won't stop sex crimes, then legalizing drugs will not stop drug crimes, (going by your definition.)

To the educated posters out there who might remember the great libertarian campaigns of the late 80s, early 90s, (before libertarian party turned into a bunch of idiot stoners who root for left wing Republicans), there was a LONG debate about victimless crimes.

It has been going on, maybe as long as the Libertarian Party has been in business. With the exception of the modification of state marijuana statutes, (which still run counter to federal law, so I wouldn't be opening a pot stand any time soon), there hasn't been any major legislative push in ANY state to legalize victimless crimes. In fact, in the 80s and 90s, it was BLACK LEADERS who pushed for the tougher penalties for drugs.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/06/14/_if_tough_anti-drug_laws_are_racist_blame_black_leaders_137273.html#!

If Tough Anti-Drug Laws Are 'Racist,' Blame Black Leaders

Uh, I don't know why nobody mentioned this before, (and I suppose I should go easy on the idiots because I'm just now noticing this), the thread title says "record the police and you can lose the right to keep your identity quiet."

In your first post, you never mentioned recording the police.

I find that strange.

You also mentioned something about having the right to keep your identity quiet. Did anyone send you the memo that there is no such thing as a constitutional right to keep your identity quiet?

And there's NOTHING in this thread that discusses (a) recording the police, or (b) a mythical right to keep an identity quiet.
Recording the police could be discussed if you want to. But it probably hasn't so far because the idea has been a given for a number of years now and is filling the imagination of the posters.

Actually, there are issues when police ask for your identity that have been well worked out.