• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If you're free to choose no vaccine...why aren't others free

Not only do I understand this (and indeed myriad complex things far beyond your grasp), but I have stated so.

Now then, how is what you posted here relevant in any way to what I posted (that vaxxed folks still shed and spread COVID)? This is now established fact - and this is why we (the aforementioned vaccinated people) are being required to once again mask up just like the unvaxxed are. So here we are. We have crazed people arguing - at once - that vaccination should be mandatory because it is selfish to spread the disease…and yet post-vaccination, people still spread the disease.

Ergo - stop with the talk about non-vaxers being selfish, non-vaxxers “killing others”, and non-vaxxers being compelled to vax. Busybody control freaks need to shaddap and get on with their own business.

(Do us both a favor and refrain from any impulse to load up a response laden with still more non-sequiturs - let’s keep it on topic AND relevant).
It is selfish to go unvaxxed. The unvaxxed are diverting hospital beds and our limited healthcare resources on something they could prevent if they thought about anyone but themselves.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
These things are no related.
I know around here we to pretend everything is everything so we can call each other hypocrites.
But hypocrisy has nothing to with it.
The anti-vaxxers are a combination of stupid, selfish, dishonest, and amoral.
I agree.

Tee hee

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Let's use what PhilFish said above about the Constitution. You know, the Preamble...

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

When did "me" replace 'we' in the Constitution?
Leftist think General Welfare means monthly checks

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
It is selfish to go unvaxxed. The unvaxxed are diverting hospital beds and our limited healthcare resources on something they could prevent if they thought about anyone but themselves.
BS

Why are you damning kids under 12
Especially since you have an unvaccinated kid in the home!

BS

Why are you damning kids under 12
Especially since you have an unvaccinated kid in the home!
Yea... it's not the kids who are currently ineligible to get the vaccine I am talking about.

It's the adults who selfishly want to end up in hospital, to make their family suffer at their bedside watching their loved ones breath off of a ventilator because they were too busy to making some nonsensical political point.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Ok. So long as you agree that it is selfish to be homosexual. Their health outcomes, lifespans, and risk factors are significantly different from straight folks. So it goes with desk jockeys and assorted fatties, smokers of dope and cigs, boozeheads, etc.

Let’s go full “judgey” on all these morons.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yea... it's not the kids who are currently ineligible to get the vaccine I am talking about.

It's the adults who selfishly want to end up in hospital, to make their family suffer at their bedside watching their loved ones breath off of a ventilator because they were too busy to making some nonsensical political point.
Presently hospitals are over worked with kids under 12
Beware as scared as you have been for a year an a half

BTW: the toxins in your jab is your biggest problem

Ok. So long as you agree that it is selfish to be homosexual. Their health outcomes, lifespans, and risk factors are significantly different from straight folks. So it goes with desk jockeys and assorted fatties, smokers of dope and cigs, boozeheads, etc.

Let’s go full “judgey” on all these morons.
That's the dumbest analogy I have heard all day.. It isn't selfish to be gay. They are born that way, there is nothing they can do to change it.
Refusing to get the vaccine is choice. A stupid, selfish, amoral, dishonest choice.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
That's the dumbest analogy I have heard all day.. It isn't selfish to be gay. They are born that way, there is nothing they can do to change it.
Refusing to get the vaccine is choice. A stupid, selfish, amoral, dishonest choice.
Eh, when millions were dying from AIDs there was something they could do...stop having same sex to end AIDs

They haven't..........no one is born GAY

RickWA

Snagglesooth
10-4. Dudes injecting dudes, resulting in comparatively statistically poor downstream health outcomes…. A-Ok. People NOT choosing to take a heretofore unapproved vaccination. Not Ok.

This is much like the phenomena of BLM/Antifa cheek-to-jowl rioters “not spreading Covid”, unvaxxed illegals being seeded all over the USA “not spreading Covid”, and gigantic Obama free-for-alls (sans masks) “not spreading Covid”.

You leftists are nuts. Normal people “follow the science”. You kooks “follow the marxism”.

EatTheRich

President
1) That is inaccurate relative to a given event, since “immune system dispensing with the virus” is a function of time - specifically, how much time has passed prior to exposing others

2) That is also not material to the discussion, since shedding/spreading/transmission occurs either way. If, for example, the delta variant is truly 1,200 times more communicable than prior covid iterations…even a somewhat shortened host window is problematic… right?

How on earth would you enter this discussion and try to mitigate the spread risk? Is it because Obama threw a big party and you need to do some DNC work?
Definitely still a concern, which is why as long as we have enough unvaccinated people to create a large enough infected population to have community spread, we are gonna have to bring back mask mandates and closures of businesses and social events.

It remains the case that the MOST effective thing you can do to prevent yourself from infecting others with Covid-19 is getting the vaccine.

EatTheRich

President
Not if it tramples your individual rights for no imminent reason. And that's what this would be, as right now the 7 day average is 516 people dying per day. Divide that by the population and you get enforcing things on the populace for a 0.0001% chance of death on any given day, or 0.05% chance in any year. That would be ridiculous by any measure in any time in history...

There are so many things that are more deadly than COVID, including
Heart Disease: 16.6% chance of dying in a year
Cancer 14.3%
Chronic Lower Resp Disease 3.7%
Suicide 1.14%
Opiod Overdose 1.09%
Fall 0.94%
Car Crash 0.95%
Gun Assault 0.3%
Pedestrian Incident 0.18%
Motorcyle accident 0.11%
Drowning 0.08%
Fire 0.06%
CURRENT COVID RATE 0.05%
Choking on food 0.04%
Bicycle accident 0.03%
Sunstroke 0.01%
Accidental Gun Discharge 0.01%
Electrocution, Radiation 0.007%
Sharp Objects 0.003%
Cataclysmic Storm 0.002%
Hornet/Bee Stings 0.0017%
Hot Surfaces 0.0015%
Dog Attack 0.0011%
Lightning 0.0007%

So, If I were you I'd get to telling your governor to outlaw fireplaces and lighters, as they could kill more people than the current COVID rate of 516 people per day.
You’re ignoring that if not for the measures being taken we’d be back in the high thousands being killed every day. Also, you are seriously claiming that 1 in 6 of us will die of a heart attack this year? No, for some reason you compared lifetime odds of death by some cause with the proportion of Americans (1 in 2000 as per your post) who will be killed this year by Covid.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Alrighty then. Let's cut to the chase.

Should those that that won't get vaxxed be denied treatment in hospitals because of their self induced ignorance is causing a shortage of medical professionals because they're tired of said ignorance and are quitting their profession?
Would you insist same for those that don't wear seat belts or helmets while riding their motorcycles or how about Gays that continue having same sex with AIDs?

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
Definitely still a concern, which is why as long as we have enough unvaccinated people to create a large enough infected population to have community spread, we are gonna have to bring back mask mandates and closures of businesses and social events.

It remains the case that the MOST effective thing you can do to prevent yourself from infecting others with Covid-19 is getting the vaccine.
If no one else gets the vaccine and doesn't already have natural immunity, and they eventually catch the covid, it shouldn't affect those who are vaccinated. The vaccines work don't they? They either survive, and gain natural immunity, or die, and that's one less person standing in the way of the perfect communist paradise.