• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If you're staying home aka sheltering in place what are you doing?

Jack4freedom

Governor
I wasn't critiquing you. I was just talking.
You threw some encyclopedia deal at me suggesting that I didn’t know what a hound is. I am from LA. We refer to our dogs as hounds here. We also call beer sauce....Alice, the older one came home with me at 12 weeks old. I took her outside and said this is your territory. Do what you like....The first night I let my frightened little puppy outside at night, she went right over to a woodpile and was sniffing around. A minute later she had a kangaroo rat pinned down. I went ove and said leave him alone, he’s MY RAT. I yelled at her and approached her and she took that rat into her mouth and gave me a look like “screw you, this is MINE and ran away. I got a flaslight out and wasted her eat that fucker. bones, fur and all, then she slurped and crunched the tail down. It looked like she was finishing up a spaghetti dinner. Right then, I decided she was not the ‘Shepherd’ type but more of a hound.

Last edited:
You threw some encyclopedia deal at me suggesting that I didn’t know what a hound is. I am from LA. We refer to our dogs as hounds here. We also call beer sauce....Alice, the older one came home with me at 12 weeks old. I took her outside and said this is your territory. Do what you like....The first night I let my frightened little puppy outside at night, she went right over to a woodpile and was sniffing around. A minute later she had a kangaroo rat pinned down. I went ove and said leave him alone, he’s MY RAT. I yelled at her and approached her and she took that rat into her mouth and gave me a look like “screw you, this is MINE and ran away. I got a flaslight out and wasted her eat that fucker. bones, fur and slurped and crunched the tail down. It looked like she was finishing up a spaghetti dinner. Right then, I decided she was not the ‘Shepherd’ type but more of a hound.
I asked if they were mixed because they didn't look it. Ohhh... your dog sounds more like Call of the Wild wolfish. ;0)

She loves people but she eats or attacks animals...Quail, Rabbits, Rats, Squirrel....Likes fresh meat, I guess.
As long as she doesn't eat the sheep in the herd she'll be living up to her breeding?

But if she flushes quail, rabbits, squirrels, and rats you got some hound (sans the floppy ears) in there too.

Jack4freedom

Governor
As long as she doesn't eat the sheep in the herd she'll be living up to her breeding?

But if she flushes quail, rabbits, squirrels, and rats you got some hound (sans the floppy ears) in there too.
She makes Ralph flush ‘em then she kills and eats ‘em. Ralph likes cooked chicken and raw ground beef, eggs and rice.

She makes Ralph flush ‘em then she kills and eats ‘em. Ralph likes cooked chicken and raw ground beef, eggs and rice.
Its few the dogs I know that like eating raw on a hunt. Dogs really like humans cooking their food. But that isn't an absolute observation by any stretch. I'm a germaphobe so maybe that's my hangup in a dog. :0)

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Turns out I was on meds for gout. Those meds contributed to the heart attack. Ain't that always the case? The commercials for medication always have that long list of bad shit that could happen...well, damn. Turns out the medication did warn that it could be a problem with people who had a cholesterol problem or high blood pressure....

Shoulda read the fine print. Hurt like hell. Thank God for 911 and fast first responders!
believe it or not, I'm happy you made it.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
I have been staying up on my little hill here with my dogs, Ralph and Alice looking out over the horizon and praying to the sacred powers of the universe that this whole mess clears up soon and that not too many people will die or be financially, spiritually or emotionally ruined.. I have been avoiding tv news like the plague. Getting outside and walking a couple miles a day to keep from getting rusty. No one is coming up as they usually do several times a week, so I am not drinking as much alcohol as usual. (I don’t like drinking alone) I have been listening to all kinds of music and watching educational tv programs and reruns of sporting events where my team wins. The Steelers just beat the Seahawks this morning and I think they will beat Dallas tonight....Hopefully the weather will warm up and I will soon be smacking a golfball around or riding some waves down at County line.

Cheers Bernard
Yeah, that's right - I recall you saying you spent your early years in Pittsburgh. Catholic schooling, if I remember correctly. I went to St. Ursula's in Allison Park.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Yeah, that's right - I recall you saying you spent your early years in Pittsburgh. Catholic schooling, if I remember correctly. I went to St. Ursula's in Allison Park.
North Sider, eh...I went to Holy Trinity in McKeesport down the Monongahela. My greatest childhood memory was the 1960 Buc’s beating the Yankees in game 7 at Forbes Field. I still love the Pirates, Pitt (where my dad studied engineering before he joined the US Army Air Corps in ‘42) and of course the mighty Steelers. My grandfather told me that if I ever walked into a restaurant and they didn’t have Heinz Ketchup, to turn around and walk out. I come from a long line of Irish Pittsburghers....