• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I'm completely in favor of slavery reparations . . .

Zam-Zam

Senator
What do you mean we can't correct old wrongs ?

You do understand the old wrongs caused damage and harm that still exists today.
Especially when that harm and damage was compounded by another century of oppression and disenfranchisement. All of it very purposely enshrined in the laws of this nation.

The last damage is a wrong that can be righted.
Some people just don't want to see that.
They feel that even admitting it exist is a bridge too far for their pettiness.
So they do what you just did.

Lasting damage ?
Brush it off.

I would say the people who were most grievously wronged are now deceased, as well as the people who wronged them.

Methinks modern reparations are more about moving large quantities of money around so that the government can skin some of it off the top.

Spamature

President
There is nothing about slavery that is not shameful, IMO.

It degrades the slaveholder as much as it does the slave. And yet, it was the way of the world for most of recorded history, long before the United States came into being. It is humankind's enduring legacy.

We are indeed fortunate to live in these times and should be eternally grateful. I know I am.
There is no other group of human beings in our history to have been shaped this way.
America practiced a unique form of slavery. First, it was made sure that this group came from all over the African continent and from different peoples in order to make sure they could not communicate with each other in a common language their masters did not speak or plan revolts. Only 2% of the slaves from Africa made it to America. America made up the difference by having breeding plantations, just as you would do with animals. Forever owned and traded like cattle regardless of the indecency.

We can look to through history in the world of slavery, and you will find nothing like what was done in here America.

Spamature

President
I would say the people who were most grievously wronged are now deceased, as well as the people who wronged them.

Methinks modern reparations are more about moving large quantities of money around so that the government can skin some of it off the top.
Do you think the situation in black America is due to genetics ?
Because if that is the case, then it's God's fault, right ?
I mean, minus the massive man-made breeding program, that is.
If not, then those most grievously wronged are always right here with us, here today, because they largely inherit the wrong that was done.

Last edited:

Zam-Zam

Senator
There is no other group of human beings in our history to have been shaped this way.
America practiced a unique form of slavery. First, it was made sure that this group came from all over the African continent and from different peoples in order to make sure they could not communicate with each other in a common language their masters did not speak or plan revolts. Only 2% of the slaves from Africa made it to America. America made up the difference by having breeding plantations, just as you would do with animals. Forever owned and traded like cattle regardless of the indecency.

We can look to through history in the world of slavery, and you will find nothing like what was done in here America.

Tell me more about growing up Black in America, please.

:D

Zam-Zam

Senator
If not, then those most grievously wronged are always right here with us, here today, because they largely inherit the wrong that was done.
What you have posted appears to have nothing to do with what I had posted.

Non Sequitur.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
"man-made breeding programs" like the Projects in the Hoods built by Dems?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Lie, the Irish were Slaves

Thousands of Irish people sold as slaves? (ireland-calling.com)

President Obama's Surprising Link to Slavery in America (ancestry.com)

Obama family were big slave traders

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
What do you mean we can't correct old wrongs ?

You do understand the old wrongs caused damage and harm that still exists today.
Especially when that harm and damage was compounded by another century of oppression and disenfranchisement. All of it very purposely enshrined in the laws of this nation.

The last damage is a wrong that can be righted.
Some people just don't want to see that.
They feel that even admitting it exist is a bridge too far for their pettiness.
So they do what you just did.

Lasting damage ?
Brush it off.
Science. Can you quantify it? Specifically? You know…isolating all variables. That kind of science.

No. You can’t. All you can do is move forward with the people alive today - none of whom owned slaves, were slaves, sold slaves, etc. This isn’t unique to the USA, or even the West. Gotta move forward.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Science. Can you quantify it? Specifically? You know…isolating all variables. That kind of science.

No. You can’t. All you can do is move forward with the people alive today - none of whom owned slaves, were slaves, sold slaves, etc. This isn’t unique to the USA, or even the West. Gotta move forward.
Sounds like he's wanting his money

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
He can only express and champion the opinions of HQ, across all matters. That seems to be the lefty way.
easily witnessed when they post
appears he also got a grammar and spell check app from HQ

RickWA

Snagglesooth
easily witnessed when they post
appears he also got a grammar and spell check app from HQ
They just never (or very nearly never) disagree with prevailing party position on ANYTHING. Why not just insert a hyperlink to dnc.com?

slavery and related abuses are NOT unique to america. for further information try googling

1 "100 million indians died under british colonial rule"
2. "the roman empire"
3. "nazi forced labor camps"
4. "Russian forced labor camps and goolags"
5. "chinas cultural revolution"
6. north korea's forced labor camps"
7. "1 million uighars in china's forced labor camps"
8. Japans sex slave comfort girls for troops during world war 2

Spamature

President
"man-made breeding programs" like the Projects in the Hoods built by Dems?
Those people survived the savage American created for them, they are still here, and they aren't going anywhere.

You Gopers on the other hand are the ones running around terrified over an imminent replacement and extinction in an America you are afraid you can't survive, that is nothing compared to theirs.

Spamature

President
slavery and related abuses are NOT unique to america. for further information try googling

2. "the roman empire"
Okay then, tell me in which of those places was it the law that a man could rape a woman, then take that rape victim's child away from her (his own child as well) and then sell that child at auction, or your grandson by your son, if he were the rapist, under the laws of that nation ?

Except, the concept of consent does exist for a person who has no rights. So they weren't rapist. They were good citizens helping expand the prosperity of the nation and enjoying their freedom to do so.

Where else in the ****ing world did savagery like that go on ?

Yes, but at least when they did their home invasion robbery of India, unlike Africa, they didn't then take the people of India and sell them to the Americans.

I suggest you read our Constitution.
We still allow the very kind of slavery in those above examples.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction

Nor did they take the child born from Japanese rape and sell them.

Last edited:

Spamature

President
From your link:
There was a term at the time known as indentured servants. This meant that labourers would work for their employers for free for a fixed length of time in return for being granted their freedom and given some land at the end of their service. Many Irish people travelled to America and the Caribbean under these terms.

That is a contracted worker.
For actual American slaves, the fixed length of time was forever, as long as your bloodline existed.

Spamature

President

What is it that you are asking to be quantified. I don't think you can explain it ?

If the value of stole labor and opportunity, then many have and there is no need for me to attempt to repeat their work.

If you are looking for the sociological damage, there are people who have quantified that as well.
If you need to read on these subjects, then I can direct you to information that might broaden your limited understanding of the matter.

As the conversation on the subject moves forward, so do we all.

Last edited: