• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I'm completely in favor of slavery reparations . . .

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
All smiles now, eh ?
Notice once you include white people, suddenly there is no problem with reparations. I suspect that is really the only issue most have with in the first place.
Who posted what you're thinking?

Spamature

President
I'm for reparations, but only under one condition. A one time lump sum of $250,000 in exchange for signing a quit claim on any future government aid. No future unemployment, no protected class, no food stamps, no welfare, no race card, no section 8 housing.
A) This would not be fair to either past or future generations.
It expect for the repair to be made by individuals of one generation by giving them a cash payment and then turning your backs on your fellow Americans. That would be a failure for everyone.

B) Reparation involve a sincere apology being giving. This kind of punishment and disenfranchisement you suggest is more an act of malice for having been wronged than it is an apology for wrong doing.

EvMetro

Mayor
A) This would not be fair to either past or future generations.
It expect for the repair to be made by individuals of one generation by giving them a cash payment and then turning your backs on your fellow Americans. That would be a failure for everyone.

B) Reparation involve a sincere apology being giving. This kind of punishment and disenfranchisement you suggest is more an act of malice for having been wronged than it is an apology for wrong doing.
Reparations. Once the repair is made, it's over.

Spamature

President
OK, let's say we're all in favor of reparations here -- who receives them and who pays them?

I have a direct ancestor who owned slaves, so I presume I'm a "payee" not a recipient. But I have maternal relatives who didn't arrive in the U.S. until the 1880s. Would they still be liable. If your grandmother and grandfather are both of African descent, but moved to the U.S. in 1965, are they eligible?

Basically my feeling is that at a governmental level, the U.S. atoned for the sin of slavery via the blood and gold lost in pursuing the Civil War. As individuals we're 150 years after the crime was committed -- surely the statute of limitations must have been reached (especially given that it was a wholly legal activity at the time).

That leaves ongoing racism. Racism has been outlawed as a governmental practice for three generations -- since the Civil Rights era of the 1960s. Racism practiced by individuals is beyond government control -- racists are absolutely free to be racists because we have liberty of thought when it comes to such matters. What does that leave when it comes to reparations? Reparations to who and for what activity?
The descendants of American slavery, who have lived here since. You can not have come here in 1965 and be a descendant of American slaves, nor can you have other than American citizenship. We didn't recognize dual citizenship in 1965.

Your ancestor may have violated the laws of morality of humanity, but not the laws of this land. Why would they owe for following American law laid down in the Constitution ? Slavery was an integral part of the founding of this nation, and decided our fate from the start.

Slavery was the reason the South seceded, but it is not the cause for which the North launched war. Our govt waged war to put down a rebellion by secessionist, and preserve the United States of America. The 13th amendment ended slavery as the law of the land.

Most groups in America faced discrimination and oppression. Only Black Americans experience American slavery. They are two distinctly different issues, but related issues all the same, because unlike any other group less than human enslavement had been their only existence. Then they had racism of the Jim Crow era enshrined in law for another 100 yrs as their starting point out of slavery. Which was meant to compound their suffering. Related, yes, but also two different issues.

Just for the sake of insanity, let's look at who got reparations for slavery.

Last edited:

Spamature

President
It will never be over
Give them a Dime and they will still want More
Enslavers didn't turn down slaves, and not want more of them.

What condition could be offered by the aggrieved that would be less fair than slavery ? How about the ownership of only your firstborn, and the rest get to be born free ? Fair offer ?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The descendants of American slavery, who have lived here since. You can not have come here in 1965 and be a descendant of American slaves, nor can you have other than American citizenship. We didn't recognize dual citizenship in 1965.

Your ancestor may have violated the laws of morality of humanity, but not the laws of this land. Why would they owe for following American law laid down in the Constitution ? Slavery was an integral part of the founding of this nation, and decided our fate from the start.

Slavery was the reason the South seceded, but it is not the cause for which the North launched war. Our govt waged war to put down a rebellion by secessionist, and preserve the United States of America. The 13th amendment ended slavery as the law of the land.

Most groups in America faced discrimination and oppression. Only Black Americans experience American slavery. They are two distinctly different issues, but related issues all the same, because unlike any other group less than human enslavement had been their only existence. Then they had racism of the Jim Crow era enshrined in law for another 100 yrs as their starting point out of slavery. Which was meant to compound their suffering. Related, yes, but also two different issues.

So many LIES in that rant it's hard to know where to start correcting your ignorance and in the mean time you leftist elect an American hating Muslim to office that supports Slavery abroad

Ilhan Omar defends Qatar's slavery while trashing America (again) (msn.com)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You think running water is something to brag about in 21st Century America.
Good for you.
especially in Cali
"If it's yellow let it mello if it's brown flush it down"
has never been on the radio every 15 minutes 24/7/365 here

Spamature

President
So many LIES in that rant it's hard to know where to start correcting your ignorance and in the mean time you leftist elect an American hating Muslim to office that supports Slavery abroad

Ilhan Omar defends Qatar's slavery while trashing America (again) (msn.com)
You can always man up and debunk my lies.
Instead, you choose to be the "Cowardly Lyin"

Omar has about as much to do with this as Alex Jones.
Qatar was enslaved by Trump and Jared.
They bought their freedom from them for $1 billion.
You have nothing to say about that.

Spamature

President
How many times will the same person have to be repaired in order for him to be considered repaired? Are you thinking forever gravy train?
If you think there should be something done, then you understand it would be a long and complicated endeavor. Then ask yourself how long did it take to make things the way they are ?

If you don't think so, then why ask how long to finish when you have no intention of starting in the first place.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
If you think there should be something done, then you understand it would be a long and complicated endeavor. Then ask yourself how long did it take to make things the way they are ?

If you don't think so, then why ask how long to finish when you have no intention of starting in the first place.
Blacks between age of 17 and 34 have a 22.5% chance of being shot and killed by another black, or is it 14 to 49

If black on black murders by guns were removed from gun stats few American would be killed by guns

Do you think blacks should be banned from having GUNs

USPS worker, 48, shot dead on postal route was talking to mom on phone (msn.com)

Last edited:

Spamature

President

trapdoor

Governor

The point is that while the former slaves were facing racism and Jim Crow, there were plenty of people who were just as bad off in most ways. My own family experienced 150 years of semi-literate poverty during the period from 1830 to WWII. My grandfather was a sharecropper, and my father born (in 1940) in a tar paper shack the size of a garden shed on a typical home lot today. But sure, my family needs to fork over the bucks because my grandfather's great-great-great-great grandfather owned nine slaves.

From 1863 on, the policy of the American government was not simply re-union, it was abolition. The American government lost 750,000 men and if not uncountable, certainly unbudgeted millions in the effort.

And what level of consanguinity will allow one to be the recipient of reparations? Are we going to turn "Jim Crow" in which "one drop of blood" led to discrimination and institute "Crow Jim" where one drop of blood leads to reparations?

Unfortunately, I'm unable to see you're YouTube video. The computer system here blocks access to YouTube.