• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

In 2018 CDC said that winter's flu killed 80,000 americans!!!

So far CDC says 1000 americans have died of covid and that number is likely inflated. This media hysteria is all about hurting trump.

sep 26 2018 NEW YORK — An estimated 80,000 Americans died of flu and its complications last winter — the disease’s highest death toll in at least four decades.

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Robert Redfield, revealed the total in an interview Tuesday night with The Associated Press.

Flu experts knew it was a very bad season, but at least one found size of the estimate surprising.

“That’s huge,” said Dr. William Schaffner, a Vanderbilt University vaccine expert. The tally was nearly twice as much as what health officials previously considered a bad year, he said.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So how many people do you know personally that have the Wuhan or have died of it?

PS. Your question is totally irrelevant. I'm in an area with very few confirmed cases, out towards the mountains. Downtown Denver or up in Sumit county they are far more likely to have personal friends or acquaintances who have been diagnosed.

So what is your point?

Fact is we have no idea how many people are dying of covid. Every time someone with covid dies that counts as a covid death even though it may have been a heart attack.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
So far CDC says 1000 americans have died of covid and that number is likely inflated. This media hysteria is all about hurting trump.
Covid-19 they just started having deaths in the USA. So you can't compare it until its run its course.

Spamature

President
Last time i checked 3,000 was a long way from 80,000. THINK
It's also a long way from 18000 too, but that didn't keep you Trumpies from flaunting that number in regards to the job Obama did with H1N1.

It's almost sad to see you wingers start to scramble for ever larger death tolls in defense of Trump incompetence.

In fact it's Deplorable.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yes. And so if no more people got infected, there would be fewer deaths than in 2008-2009. But 100-1000 times as many people will get infected.

Swine Flu April 2009--1-2010...……….none in 08
41-81million were infected in 2009
CDC goes with middle of stats

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
It's also a long way from 18000 too, but that didn't keep you Trumpies from flaunting that number in regards to the job Obama did with H1N1.

It's almost sad to see you wingers start to scramble for ever larger death tolls in defense of Trump incompetence.

In fact it's Deplorable.
First time I've seen 18,000 flaunted
I post 17,000+
now post 12,000 or 12,500
now he's answering for you :)