• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

In any normal universe, Trump would be arrested and on trial already . . .

actor-donald-trump-138222_large.jpg

Congress schedules more hearings on Thanos' attempt to destroy the universe.
Atty General Garland says charges still delayed while 10MM pages of evidence are under review.​

Clearly, some sort of quantum shift has taken place, and we are living in one of the infinite marvel cinematic alternative parallel universes. Trump belongs on trial.

Before anyone beans themselves on the head by jumping up and down in glee at this post, let me make it clear that I take a rather narrow, evidence-based view of arrest and prosecution. That rules out January 6th, where Trump's final admonition to the protestors was “go home”.

Rather, there is overwhelming evidence that Trump used his position as president to interfere with Georgia's lawful and accurate vote tabulations. The phone transcripts and electronic communications are beyond dispute.

So why, are we stuck watching “Congressional Hearings, Infinity War, part 2”, instead of “Attorney General Garland, the First Avenger”? There are only 2 possibilities, even if we are stuck in an alternative universe:

1. The Department of Justice (and FBI) are too dumb realize there is sufficient evidence to bring charges. This, of course, is ridiculous. Garland may have been too politically compromised to have had a shot at becoming a Supreme Court justice, but he's anything but dumb.
  2. “Someone” is holding the leash tight and delaying charges. Because this is an election year, and there's a greater chance of democrats holding on to the senate with a prime-time Trump hearing, rather than a federal trial.

In a normal universe, these summer hearings would be about inflation, Russian war atrocities, the need to regulate collapsing scam crypto currencies . . . perhaps even why SWAT police don't take a clear shot at school shooters when they have one in the crosshairs of their scopes. In a normal universe, an informed electorate, and an objective media, would be insisting that the focus of congress be on important issues.

But this is the alternative universe, and it's an election year. Even so called “sensible” democrats like Manchin and Sinema are on board for this serialized TV show. Republicans too. I can't name a single one who wants a replay of Trump vs Biden in 2024. I can name several GOP senators who have formed stealth campaigns to get the nomination themselves (Senators Romney, Cruz, Cotton – in addition to several governors. This is what passes for modern day bipartisanship).

As a discriminating consumer of hollywood fiction, I can choose to change the channel when something is poorly plotted, dully cast, and with crappy production values. in the case of the congressional hearings, I've done that.

Put Trump on trial, or admit there is intent to do so. Everyone with half a brain wants to move on from Trump, and from career politicians who have no priority other than holding on to their positions by any means possible.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
They are afraid of the nut jobs with all those weapons ready to fight for the greatest loser, thing is walmart camo rambo's - they will shoot back this time...........old, angry fat slow guys are easy marks ya know

Millions of americans watched the election returns come in wednesday morn nov 4 2020. We saw the election stolen. The press calls that "anecdotal evidence" but we call it eyewitness testimony and we will swear in court that kiddie groper joe stole the election.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Millions of americans watched the election returns come in wednesday morn nov 4 2020. We saw the election stolen. The press calls that "anecdotal evidence" but we call it eyewitness testimony and we will swear in court that kiddie groper joe stole the election.
You saw the results announced as the count of in person ballots were reported and then the final count when the last of the absentee ballots had been tabulated....and you heard Trump say it was evidence of fraud.

Most voters think it was a free and fair election and that BIden won. A much smaller number of Trumplicans believe as you do that Trump is being truthful.

Bugsy McGurk

President
View attachment 70918

Atty General Garland says charges still delayed while 10MM pages of evidence are under review.​

Clearly, some sort of quantum shift has taken place, and we are living in one of the infinite marvel cinematic alternative parallel universes. Trump belongs on trial.

Before anyone beans themselves on the head by jumping up and down in glee at this post, let me make it clear that I take a rather narrow, evidence-based view of arrest and prosecution. That rules out January 6th, where Trump's final admonition to the protestors was “go home”.

Rather, there is overwhelming evidence that Trump used his position as president to interfere with Georgia's lawful and accurate vote tabulations. The phone transcripts and electronic communications are beyond dispute.

So why, are we stuck watching “Congressional Hearings, Infinity War, part 2”, instead of “Attorney General Garland, the First Avenger”? There are only 2 possibilities, even if we are stuck in an alternative universe:

1. The Department of Justice (and FBI) are too dumb realize there is sufficient evidence to bring charges. This, of course, is ridiculous. Garland may have been too politically compromised to have had a shot at becoming a Supreme Court justice, but he's anything but dumb.
  2. “Someone” is holding the leash tight and delaying charges. Because this is an election year, and there's a greater chance of democrats holding on to the senate with a prime-time Trump hearing, rather than a federal trial.

In a normal universe, these summer hearings would be about inflation, Russian war atrocities, the need to regulate collapsing scam crypto currencies . . . perhaps even why SWAT police don't take a clear shot at school shooters when they have one in the crosshairs of their scopes. In a normal universe, an informed electorate, and an objective media, would be insisting that the focus of congress be on important issues.

But this is the alternative universe, and it's an election year. Even so called “sensible” democrats like Manchin and Sinema are on board for this serialized TV show. Republicans too. I can't name a single one who wants a replay of Trump vs Biden in 2024. I can name several GOP senators who have formed stealth campaigns to get the nomination themselves (Senators Romney, Cruz, Cotton – in addition to several governors. This is what passes for modern day bipartisanship).

As a discriminating consumer of hollywood fiction, I can choose to change the channel when something is poorly plotted, dully cast, and with crappy production values. in the case of the congressional hearings, I've done that.

Put Trump on trial, or admit there is intent to do so. Everyone with half a brain wants to move on from Trump, and from career politicians who have no priority other than holding on to their positions by any means possible.
Can’t argue with your subject line. Trump should be in the slammer. Yet here we are - most Republicans want him to be president again.

So surreal.

reason10

Governor
View attachment 70918

It would be more pathetic than funny, but I don't think Democrats are that stupid. Right now, anyone with a D beside his/her name will be toxic, going into this fall. If the Democrats try another illegal impeachment of a now private citizen, just think of that action as about thirty million votes going against running Democrats.

Most of America sees the dishonesty in those sham Jan 6 hearings. When the Kevin McCarthy House impeaches Joe and the Senate removes him from office, maybe some sanity will arise out of all of this.

I would suggest a growing number of Democrats hate that racist, unelected son of a bitch as bad as the regular Republicans (which make up a majority of America) mostly because he is going to cost his party control of the House.

There is going to be no trial. Most of America knows this is a show, since the Democrats have nothing else to show. And they are going DOWN in November.

They are afraid of the nut jobs with all those weapons ready to fight for the greatest loser, thing is walmart camo rambo's - they will shoot back this time...........old, angry fat slow guys are easy marks ya know
The last nutjob with weapons apparently targetted a prolife counselling center.

It would be more pathetic than funny, but I don't think Democrats are that stupid. Right now, anyone with a D beside his/her name will be toxic, going into this fall. If the Democrats try another illegal impeachment of a now private citizen, just think of that action as about thirty million votes going against running Democrats.

Most of America sees the dishonesty in those sham Jan 6 hearings. When the Kevin McCarthy House impeaches Joe and the Senate removes him from office, maybe some sanity will arise out of all of this.

I would suggest a growing number of Democrats hate that racist, unelected son of a bitch as bad as the regular Republicans (which make up a majority of America) mostly because he is going to cost his party control of the House.

There is going to be no trial. Most of America knows this is a show, since the Democrats have nothing else to show. And they are going DOWN in November.
Democrat voters may "somewhat" hold biden accountable for inflation, shortages, and skyrocketing interest rates. However, 20 years of non partisan polling repeatedly shows that all voters believe their own congresspersons are reliable, but those in the other 49 states are responsible for government problems

Can’t argue with your subject line. Trump should be in the slammer. Yet here we are - most Republicans want him to be president again.

So surreal.
I dont get the sense that its "most republicans". Desantis is currently polling higher than trump in some surveys. However, Ron appears to be as uninformed as trump - or biden - on actual topics like economy, foreign policy, education, etc. He'd probably agree with Biden that a photo op with a saudi oil sheik could fix something.

On the democrat side, newsome is fantasizing about challenging biden, while white house insiders coalesce around kamala harris. Both of those names generate no enthusiam in me either.

Since there as many GOP judges in america as democrat ones, including the majority of the supreme court, i would be flabbergasted if they would conceal any alleged election crimes. We still have a court system based on evidence and fact.

God of War

Governor
Don't you remember that allegation was made with an apparently surreptitious recording being leaked? The recording was edited. When the full recording was recovered from the leaker's computer garbage bin the plain truth of it forced them to retract the allegations?

Move on from Trump only if somebody picks up his Agenda. It was my Agenda before Trump came along and the only one who executed it. If it takes another Trump election to get my Agenda back on track then I'll be voting Trump.

What won't be tolerated is Dems making misery with false allegations like the Russia collusion theory. You don't like Trump more so because of the stunts Dems pulled and the leftist media magnified.

reason10

Governor
Democrat voters may "somewhat" hold biden accountable for inflation, shortages, and skyrocketing interest rates. However, 20 years of non partisan polling repeatedly shows that all voters believe their own congresspersons are reliable, but those in the other 49 states are responsible for government problems
In other words, most Democrat voters aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer.

EatTheRich

President
Don't you remember that allegation was made with an apparently surreptitious recording being leaked? The recording was edited. When the full recording was recovered from the leaker's computer garbage bin the plain truth of it forced them to retract the allegations?

Move on from Trump only if somebody picks up his Agenda. It was my Agenda before Trump came along and the only one who executed it. If it takes another Trump election to get my Agenda back on track then I'll be voting Trump.

What won't be tolerated is Dems making misery with false allegations like the Russia collusion theory. You don't like Trump more so because of the stunts Dems pulled and the leftist media magnified.
No, that’s another lie. What happened is the damning evidence of the recording was made public, and then the right’s spin doctors told you “it was edited … yeah … that’s the ticket … edited.”

God of War

Governor
No, that’s another lie. What happened is the damning evidence of the recording was made public, and then the right’s spin doctors told you “it was edited … yeah … that’s the ticket … edited.”
Sorry, I remember it right. I was giving you space to remember but you couldn't manage it. It's things like this that erodes trust. That leads to protests getting out of hand. Eventually grace and providence will determine whose protest is righteous.

EatTheRich

President
Sorry, I remember it right. I was giving you space to remember but you couldn't manage it. It's things like this that erodes trust. That leads to protests getting out of hand. Eventually grace and providence will determine whose protest is righteous.
Sorry. Trump got caught telling the Secretary of State to come up with enough votes to give him the majority, he didn’t care how, or else.

God of War

Governor
Sorry. Trump got caught telling the Secretary of State to come up with enough votes to give him the majority, he didn’t care how, or else.
ha ha

Jack4freedom

Governor
ha ha

I guess you haven’t heard the tape of the call champ. Just the interpretation from Fox News. You are really a riot.

BTW: What do you think of the testimony from Bowers, Raffensburger, several members of Trump’s defense team and the two volunteer poll workers yesterday? Do you think they were lying or telling the truth?