• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

In any normal universe, Trump would be arrested and on trial already . . .

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
I know you think I’m just being mean, but you need psychotherapy. You really do. GOP propagandists have destroyed your mind. Get the help you need.
So you admit that "finding" something does not necessarily result from a crime. Now all you have to do is prove Trump was clear in his instructions that he actually meant fraudulently create them. Good luck!

Bugsy McGurk

President
So you admit that "finding" something does not necessarily result from a crime. Now all you have to do is prove Trump was clear in his instructions that he actually meant fraudulently create them. Good luck!
You shouldn’t try to do analogies. Your mind can’t handle it.

One can lawfully “find” money that one dropped under one’s bed. One cannot lawfully tell an election official to “find” you some votes.

Now try to focus on issues instead of drifting off with idiotic, inapt analogies.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
You shouldn’t try to do analogies. Your mind can’t handle it.

One can lawfully “find” money that one dropped under one’s bed. One cannot lawfully tell an election official to “find” you some votes.

Now try to focus on issues instead of drifting off with idiotic, inapt analogies.
Not around here, that's for sure - some lefty yahoo will make a crude joke involving your recently deceased spouse.

But votes get "found" all the time:

4/15

Mayor
View attachment 70918

Congress schedules more hearings on Thanos' attempt to destroy the universe.
Atty General Garland says charges still delayed while 10MM pages of evidence are under review.​

Clearly, some sort of quantum shift has taken place, and we are living in one of the infinite marvel cinematic alternative parallel universes. Trump belongs on trial.

Before anyone beans themselves on the head by jumping up and down in glee at this post, let me make it clear that I take a rather narrow, evidence-based view of arrest and prosecution. That rules out January 6th, where Trump's final admonition to the protestors was “go home”.

Rather, there is overwhelming evidence that Trump used his position as president to interfere with Georgia's lawful and accurate vote tabulations. The phone transcripts and electronic communications are beyond dispute.

So why, are we stuck watching “Congressional Hearings, Infinity War, part 2”, instead of “Attorney General Garland, the First Avenger”? There are only 2 possibilities, even if we are stuck in an alternative universe:

1. The Department of Justice (and FBI) are too dumb realize there is sufficient evidence to bring charges. This, of course, is ridiculous. Garland may have been too politically compromised to have had a shot at becoming a Supreme Court justice, but he's anything but dumb.
  2. “Someone” is holding the leash tight and delaying charges. Because this is an election year, and there's a greater chance of democrats holding on to the senate with a prime-time Trump hearing, rather than a federal trial.

In a normal universe, these summer hearings would be about inflation, Russian war atrocities, the need to regulate collapsing scam crypto currencies . . . perhaps even why SWAT police don't take a clear shot at school shooters when they have one in the crosshairs of their scopes. In a normal universe, an informed electorate, and an objective media, would be insisting that the focus of congress be on important issues.

But this is the alternative universe, and it's an election year. Even so called “sensible” democrats like Manchin and Sinema are on board for this serialized TV show. Republicans too. I can't name a single one who wants a replay of Trump vs Biden in 2024. I can name several GOP senators who have formed stealth campaigns to get the nomination themselves (Senators Romney, Cruz, Cotton – in addition to several governors. This is what passes for modern day bipartisanship).
Solution.jpeg
As a discriminating consumer of hollywood fiction, I can choose to change the channel when something is poorly plotted, dully cast, and with crappy production values. in the case of the congressional hearings, I've done that.

Put Trump on trial, or admit there is intent to do so. Everyone with half a brain wants to move on from Trump, and from career politicians who have no priority other than holding on to their positions by any means possible.
Solution.jpeg

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I know you think I’m just being mean, but you need psychotherapy. You really do. GOP propagandists have destroyed your mind. Get the help you need.
"I know you think I'm being mean"

something NO man would ever say

Bugsy McGurk

President
Not around here, that's for sure - some lefty yahoo will make a crude joke involving your recently deceased spouse.

But votes get "found" all the time:

Yes. Real votes.

Got another example of a presidential candidate surreptitiously browbeating and threatening a state election official for more than an hour, telling that official he should “find” just enough votes to change the outcome of the election?