• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

In case I die tomorrow

Wahbooz

Governor
I am a decillion toxic nanoparticles of pollution sprayed into your sky to bring you where I am... heh.

they used to put this on tombstones in Roman times:

As you are, I used to be
As I am, you will become
Gotta admit the Romans had a grasp on reality there.

Jen

Senator
You may be surprised, Jen.

I believe our death here is our birth into the next life.
I do not dread it........... I think it will be amazing.
I hope my passage is smooth, but I believe my soul has done it before and will know how to do it this time.

As I've said, Wahbooz, I'll find you there. I will know you.

Days

Commentator
Gotta admit the Romans had a grasp on reality there.
The Romans were lovers of freedom. They revolted against the Etruscans, or more accurately outgrew them. They were always just trying to be allowed to exist, they conquered the planet more to just hold their place in the scheme of things. They would build cities on the frontier, trade with their enemies, merge cultures, build bridges, aquaducts, roads, share the fruits of civilization until everyone thought the Roman way, reaped the benefits of Roman rule... so Rome would be secure. They were wise people. Our office of the president was styled after the Roman dictator. In Rome's system a dictator was voted into office for emergencies, held power for exactly six months, then yielded all the power back to the state. In the entire 1000 years of Rome's empire, every last dictator stepped down at the end of the six month period, not one wanted to hold onto that power. When emperors addressed huge assemblies at the coliseum, they paid advisors to walk with them in front of the cheering masses to whisper in their ear, "you too shall die" ... so they didn't get carried away with their self glory.

Jen

Senator
The Romans were lovers of freedom. They revolted against the Etruscans, or more accurately outgrew them. They were always just trying to be allowed to exist, they conquered the planet more to just hold their place in the scheme of things. They would build cities on the frontier, trade with their enemies, merge cultures, build bridges, aquaducts, roads, share the fruits of civilization until everyone thought the Roman way, reaped the benefits of Roman rule... so Rome would be secure. They were wise people. Our office of the president was styled after the Roman dictator. In Rome's system a dictator was voted into office for emergencies, held power for exactly six months, then yielded all the power back to the state. In the entire 1000 years of Rome's empire, every last dictator stepped down at the end of the six month period, not one wanted to hold onto that power. When emperors addressed huge assemblies at the coliseum, they paid advisors to walk with them in front of the cheering masses to whisper in their ear, "you too shall die" ... so they didn't get carried away with their self glory.

The high school kids I taught had to memorize and recite this poem (and of course we discussed it). It's haunting. And it's true. One day, the decayed ruins of our civilization here will stand........... those who feel our world will last forever are as wrong as was Ozymandias.

Days

Commentator
The high school kids I taught had to memorize and recite this poem (and of course we discussed it). It's haunting. And it's true. One day, the decayed ruins of our civilization here will stand........... those who feel our world will last forever are as wrong as was Ozymandias.
1:1 The words of the Teacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem:

1:2
“Futile! Futile!” laments the Teacher, “Absolutely futile! Everything is futile!”

1:3
What benefit do people get from all the effort which they expend on earth?

1:4
A generation comes and a generation goes, but the earth remains the same through the ages.

1:5
The sun rises and the sun sets; it hurries away to a place from which it rises again.

1:6
The wind goes to the south and circles around to the north; round and round the wind goes and on its rounds it returns.

1:7
All the streams flow into the sea, but the sea is not full, and to the place where the streams flow, there they will flow again.

1:8
All this monotony is tiresome; no one can bear to describe it: The eye is never satisfied with seeing, nor is the ear ever content with hearing.

1:9
What exists now is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; there is nothing truly new on earth.

1:10
Is there anything about which someone can say, “Look at this! It is new!”? It was already done long ago, before our time.

1:11
No one remembers the former events, nor will anyone remember the events that are yet to happen; they will not be remembered by the future generations.

A Time for All Events in Life

3:1
For everything there is an appointed time, and an appropriate time for every activity on earth:

3:2
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot what was planted;

3:3
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

3:4
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.

3:5
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

3:6
A time to search, and a time to give something up as lost; a time to keep, and a time to throw away;

3:7
A time to rip, and a time to sew; a time to keep silent, and a time to speak.

3:8
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

3:9
What benefit can a worker gain from his toil?

3:10
I have observed the burden that God has given to people to keep them occupied.

3:11 God has made everything fit beautifully in its appropriate time, but he has also placed ignorance in the human heart so that people cannot discover what God has ordained, from the beginning to the end of their lives.

3:12 I have concluded that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to enjoy themselves as long as they live,

3:13 and also that everyone should eat and drink, and find enjoyment in all his toil, for these things are a gift from God.

3:14 I also know that whatever God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken away from it. God has made it this way, so that men will fear him.

3:15 Whatever exists now has already been, and whatever will be has already been; for God will seek to do again what has occurred in the past.

3:16 I saw something else on earth: In the place of justice, there was wickedness, and in the place of fairness, there was wickedness.

3:17 I thought to myself, “God will judge both the righteous and the wicked; for there is an appropriate time for every activity, and there is a time of judgment for every deed.

3:18 I also thought to myself, “It is for the sake of people, so God can clearly show them that they are like animals.

3:19 For the fate of humans and the fate of animals are the same: As one dies, so dies the other; both have the same breath. There is no advantage for humans over animals, for both are fleeting.

3:20 Both go to the same place, both come from the dust, and to dust both return.

3:21 Who really knows if the human spirit ascends upward, and the animal’s spirit descends into the earth?

3:22 So I perceived there is nothing better than for people to enjoy their work, because that is their reward; for who can show them what the future holds?

people say there is no proof that Solomon ever lived... really? as if the entire history of Israel was possible without him. As if just anyone could have written these words.

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
All I can say is thank God for coffee. This old age stuff would be too hard without coffee.
Oh that's for sure.
I had a drive through hell in the Oklahoma tornadoes tonight. I didn't know I was going to be doing that but ended up doing it anyway and it was scary.
Too late for coffee though.
But I'm thanking God I made it home safely.

Wahbooz

Governor
I believe our death here is our birth into the next life.
I do not dread it........... I think it will be amazing.
I hope my passage is smooth, but I believe my soul has done it before and will know how to do it this time.

As I've said, Wahbooz, I'll find you there. I will know you.
And I will know you, Jen.

Jen

Senator
And I will know you, Jen.
I feel it's odd that I barely know you even here, but for some reason something inside me tells me I will see you one day after I die. I think you are an old spirit and I know I am. But I still have amnesia about certain things.

Wahbooz

Governor
I feel it's odd that I barely know you even here, but for some reason something inside me tells me I will see you one day after I die. I think you are an old spirit and I know I am. But I still have amnesia about certain things.
I'm sure we will one day, Jen.

My aunt once told me that I did not fit into this world, as I was a spirit that should have been born 200 years ago, perhaps more. I lost the memory of some of the things I saw as a very small child, but for some reason some of it is now coming back.

Did you read my post about the time a friend gave me a copy of Black Elk Speaks? That was weird!!!! As I read, I could hear the sound of the horses hooves, the crack of rifles, the smell of gun powder, the whole nine yards. It was as if I was living it as I reading it, or was I remembering something. I do believe, as my father once told me, one day you will know the truth.

Jen

Senator
I'm sure we will one day, Jen.

My aunt once told me that I did not fit into this world, as I was a spirit that should have been born 200 years ago, perhaps more. I lost the memory of some of the things I saw as a very small child, but for some reason some of it is now coming back.

Did you read my post about the time a friend gave me a copy of Black Elk Speaks? That was weird!!!! As I read, I could hear the sound of the horses hooves, the crack of rifles, the smell of gun powder, the whole nine yards. It was as if I was living it as I reading it, or was I remembering something. I do believe, as my father once told me, one day you will know the truth.
Yes. I did read that post. Amazing. And I believe.
I have posted here of a similar thing that happened to me regarding a gaunt concentration camp person I dreamed about, then I saw a wall-sized photograph of that person in Dachau.
Sometimes I get a "feel" that some other place and time is right next to me and so close that I could reach out and touch it. I don't know if it's a scent of something in the air, or just the feel of the air, but it feels like it is right there. I have no idea what that means.

Wahbooz

Governor
Yes. I did read that post. Amazing. And I believe.
I have posted here of a similar thing that happened to me regarding a gaunt concentration camp person I dreamed about, then I saw a wall-sized photograph of that person in Dachau.
Sometimes I get a "feel" that some other place and time is right next to me and so close that I could reach out and touch it. I don't know if it's a scent of something in the air, or just the feel of the air, but it feels like it is right there. I have no idea what that means.
There are those physicists who believe in parallel and multiple universes. How do we know there isn't multiple times in parallel with each other. That person could have been reaching across 'borders' for a reason.

Jen

Senator
There are those physicists who believe in parallel and multiple universes. How do we know there isn't multiple times in parallel with each other. That person could have been reaching across 'borders' for a reason.
I believe there is a lot more going on right here and right now than we can see or realize. Maybe as we get older and more attuned, we can feel those things. The night my father died, he wasn't responsive to me or my husband at all......... it was as if he didn't see us or notice us. But he seemed to be having a conversation with someone at the foot of and a little above his bed. I don't think that was just a pain killer hallucination.

Wahbooz

Governor
I believe there is a lot more going on right here and right now than we can see or realize. Maybe as we get older and more attuned, we can feel those things. The night my father died, he wasn't responsive to me or my husband at all......... it was as if he didn't see us or notice us. But he seemed to be having a conversation with someone at the foot of and a little above his bed. I don't think that was just a pain killer hallucination.
Little kids have been known to talk to someone that 'wasn't there'.

Days

Commentator
I got a friend. he's a close friend of the family, and he's a Christian. He keeps popping in and out of the spirit world. One night he dreamed he was born a dolphin. The "dream" lasted his entire life as a dolphin, years of living as a dolphin in a dolphin family. He says he's not sure if some day he will wake up and this life as a human will be a dream he's having as a dolphin.

Another story of his... one day recently at work, he walked up to get a drink of water from a water fountain and as he stepped to the fountain he was standing in a camp fire and native Americans were dancing around the fire and the chief was sitting there, laughing at the way my friend was dressed. He was standing in the middle of the camp fire in his work uniform (he's an electrician) and didn't feel any heat from the fire. His take on this was that the chief had asked the Spirit what the white man would look like that would take over his land. I imagine a modern electrician would have looked utterly ridiculous to the chief.

I went through the shaman experience but not by volition. I was a seeker, not a sorcerer. But I stopped the world, or more correctly, the world was stopped for me. Always bad things happened to me. Then, you know, they lock you in a padded room, as if that is doing anything. White man is spiritually dead, we are so blind, no one can see the shaman experience jesus went through. The scripture says he was driven into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil 40 days. What the church does is say, oh, he was God, that's not supposed to happen to us. But Jesus didn't say that, Jesus said everything he went through, we will go through. The scripture says point blank he was tempted after the manner of men; in all points the same way we are tempted. But if you go through the same spirit world Jesus went through, they toss you in a padded room. Jesus stopped the world when they brought him to the brink of a hill to toss him off a cliff in his hometown, he just passed through their midst... what was that? I know what it was, I experienced that, time stopped, he just walked away while they were all frozen in time. He probably had to climb out of their arms right at the edge of the cliff.

Jen

Senator
I got a friend. he's a close friend of the family, and he's a Christian. He keeps popping in and out of the spirit world. One night he dreamed he was born a dolphin. The "dream" lasted his entire life as a dolphin, years of living as a dolphin in a dolphin family. He says he's not sure if some day he will wake up and this life as a human will be a dream he's having as a dolphin.

Another story of his... one day recently at work, he walked up to get a drink of water from a water fountain and as he stepped to the fountain he was standing in a camp fire and native Americans were dancing around the fire and the chief was sitting there, laughing at the way my friend was dressed. He was standing in the middle of the camp fire in his work uniform (he's an electrician) and didn't feel any heat from the fire. His take on this was that the chief had asked the Spirit what the white man would look like that would take over his land. I imagine a modern electrician would have looked utterly ridiculous to the chief.

I went through the shaman experience but not by volition. I was a seeker, not a sorcerer. But I stopped the world, or more correctly, the world was stopped for me. Always bad things happened to me. Then, you know, they lock you in a padded room, as if that is doing anything. White man is spiritually dead, we are so blind, no one can see the shaman experience jesus went through. The scripture says he was driven into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil 40 days. What the church does is say, oh, he was God, that's not supposed to happen to us. But Jesus didn't say that, Jesus said everything he went through, we will go through. The scripture says point blank he was tempted after the manner of men; in all points the same way we are tempted. But if you go through the same spirit world Jesus went through, they toss you in a padded room. Jesus stopped the world when they brought him to the brink of a hill to toss him off a cliff in his hometown, he just passed through their midst... what was that? I know what it was, I experienced that, time stopped, he just walked away while they were all frozen in time. He probably had to climb out of their arms right at the edge of the cliff.
Time is an illusion.
I guess Jesus just stepped out of that illusion.

Days

Commentator
Time is an illusion.
I guess Jesus just stepped out of that illusion.
It is an amazing illusion. Spin a ball in space, with nothing but gravity and electromagnetic waves to fill the great void. There's nothing there, there's no great calendar of the universe, God is not flipping the pages on some celestial calendar. There's no yesterday, today, tomorrow, the planet goes on spinning and orbiting the sun... there's no marker, no collecting $200 when you pass go, everything just keeps turning over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over .................... and the ball goes on spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning ... and then someone says today is Thursday... sure it is. It can't be Wednesday, it must be Thursday, just look at the spinning ball. How did we ever talk ourselves into that?

Jen

Senator
It is an amazing illusion. Spin a ball in space, with nothing but gravity and electromagnetic waves to fill the great void. There's nothing there, there's no great calendar of the universe, God is not flipping the pages on some celestial calendar. There's no yesterday, today, tomorrow, the planet goes on spinning and orbiting the sun... there's no marker, no collecting $200 when you pass go, everything just keeps turning over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over .................... and the ball goes on spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning ... and then someone says today is Thursday... sure it is. It can't be Wednesday, it must be Thursday, just look at the spinning ball. How did we ever talk ourselves into that?
We need markers so we did it.
It's okay.