• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

In case I die tomorrow

Days

Commentator
For the longest bloody time, all man ever did was keep track of the hours of the day... on a cloudy day you had to guess. When I was young, I worked as a mechanic/field technician/rigger and didn't wear a watch. I could tell time by the sun... just looking at its position in the sky... to within 10-15 minutes of the time on someone's wrist watch. When you live in rhythm with the sun, you know what time it is. When you get old, you stop caring about silly ideas like what time it is... your broken body tells you what time it is; it is time to get some sleep or time to eat some food or time to hit the ol' bathroom... heh. If my wife is mad at me it is time to run out the door!

Wahbooz

Governor
Ever suffer a concussion? You will think time stood still, everything is in slow motion. At least it was for me.

Days

Commentator
Ever suffer a concussion? You will think time stood still, everything is in slow motion. At least it was for me.
yep, and hallucinations, and time slowed without a concussion, but I've also seen time stopped... while I was still going. I've also been moved by the spirit, at least, I think that is what happened. In the Bible they call that being carried by the spirit, except I wasn't moved to a different part of the country, just a few feet, but I was placed in a new spot, for whatever reason. These things happened to me over 30 years ago. It's nothing I care to go through in my old age. I also had the 3rd eye opened in me, I hate that thing, that has revisited me to different degrees, but it seems to have weakened, hasn't hardly bothered me at all the past 5 years, except maybe once a couple years back.

I've also seen miracles, healings, and a lot of grace and mercy, thankfully. The spirit world is all around us, but that's where Jesus is my anchor within the veil. Keeps me sane in these insane times.

Last edited:

fairsheet

Senator
I remember being on the bus headed back from a football game and I couldn't remember what homework was due the next day.

I've endured a repeat of a similar dream...as recently as maybe....yesterday?

Wahbooz

Governor
I remember being on the bus headed back from a football game and I couldn't remember what homework was due the next day.

I've endured a repeat of a similar dream...as recently as maybe....yesterday?
Ever wonder what reality is? Is it our dreams, or is it what we think is reality?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
I plan to die before anyone in my immediate family. That's just how it should be. I have told them all that when I die, it's okay. It is well with my soul. Family and friends shouldn't be sad for more than a day..........life goes on and I'm fine on the "other side". There is nothing I leave that they can't do. I believe that they will take care of my cats and I think they will feed my feral cats. They will enjoy the fruits of my life insurance policy and their familial interaction is solid with or without me.

Whenever I go, I have tied up the loose ends enough that everything can continue without me. Not sure anyone here will be notified. My family doesn't feel that my friends here matter or are real friends. So that might be one dangling end. But I'm not sure anyone here will notice I'm gone, so it's all good.
I'll notice if you are gone, Jen. But I know it won't be anytime soon. We are both young.:)

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Ever wonder what reality is? Is it our dreams, or is it what we think is reality?
Dreams are mysterious just as this writer below states, also used in psycotherapy... and fun to ponder. I have three books on dreams and their interpretations... used to use them to look up, my dreams. I stopped doing that a long time ago... not sure why exactly.

DREAMS can be baffling and mysterious. Throughout history dreams have been associated with sacred revelation and prophecy. Moreover, it was a dream that revealed to a scientist the molecular structure of carbon atoms in the benzene ring.[1] All this mystery can leave us wondering what a particular dream means to the dreamer, and we can argue about what causes dreams in the first place. unconscious can explain why a dream happens at a particular time of your life and what it all means psychologically.
Because I make dream interpretation a key part of my psychotherapeutic work, I’ll offer some comments here about this work.

Sigmund Freud once called dreams the “royal road to . . . the unconscious,” and I think that statement will remain true in psychology forever. Freud’s classic text, The Interpretation of Dreams, contains some of his finest work.
I won’t even try to summarize Freud’s work here, but I will point out that Freud believed every dream is a wish fulfillment, and he kept this theory to the end, even though he gave up his initial idea that all dreams have an underlying sexual content.
For Freud, the concept of wish fulfillment didn’t necessarily imply that a pleasure was sought, because a person could just as well have a wish to be punished. Nevertheless, this idea of a “secret” wish being masked by a dream remains central to classical Freudian psychoanalysis.
http://www.guidetopsychology.com/dreams.htm

Last edited:

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I have experienced psychic dreams too many times to dismiss them as being trivial.

Fourth, the dreams could be psychic premonitions. This is a rare phenomenon, but it does happen to some persons. In fact, it happened to me at least once. Nevertheless, my advice here is to ignore these dreams. After all, if they don’t provide sufficient details about when, where, and to whom the event will happen, so that the event might be prevented, then what good are such premonitions?

In the dream, which I still remembered vividly when I woke up, I saw several persons in a small river canyon playing in the shallow water and even sliding over a small waterfall. Suddenly a huge surge of water came down the river and carried everyone away with it. The next morning, at breakfast, a headline in a newspaper caught my attention. As I read the article, I must have stopped breathing. Several adventurers, on an excursion in the Swiss mountains to “body surf” in river rapids and waterfalls the previous day, had been killed when a sudden storm surge rushed down a canyon and swept them away.

fairsheet

Senator
It'd be cool if we could pick and choose. On a tangent, I suppose it never occurred to me how much (many?) of my dreams were about work. If the dream was about a good thing, I'd be disappointed when I woke up, and vice versa. Now that I'm retired lemme say, I NEVER wake up disappointed that I don't have to go to work that day.

Wahbooz

Governor
I have experienced psychic dreams too many times to dismiss them as being trivial.

Fourth, the dreams could be psychic premonitions. This is a rare phenomenon, but it does happen to some persons. In fact, it happened to me at least once. Nevertheless, my advice here is to ignore these dreams. After all, if they don’t provide sufficient details about when, where, and to whom the event will happen, so that the event might be prevented, then what good are such premonitions?

In the dream, which I still remembered vividly when I woke up, I saw several persons in a small river canyon playing in the shallow water and even sliding over a small waterfall. Suddenly a huge surge of water came down the river and carried everyone away with it. The next morning, at breakfast, a headline in a newspaper caught my attention. As I read the article, I must have stopped breathing. Several adventurers, on an excursion in the Swiss mountains to “body surf” in river rapids and waterfalls the previous day, had been killed when a sudden storm surge rushed down a canyon and swept them away.
I don't agree with ignoring a dream, that could be a fatal mistake for someone to make.

Wahbooz

Governor
It'd be cool if we could pick and choose. On a tangent, I suppose it never occurred to me how much (many?) of my dreams were about work. If the dream was about a good thing, I'd be disappointed when I woke up, and vice versa. Now that I'm retired lemme say, I NEVER wake up disappointed that I don't have to go to work that day.
Haha, I've felt that way for some 20 years now. Even though I am semi retired.

fairsheet

Senator
I don't agree with ignoring a dream, that could be a fatal mistake for someone to make.
I choose to consider dreams as sort of amalgamations of our intuitions. In other words, a whole lotta little tiny "this's and that's" go into creating a dream. That's why dreams actually DO appear to come true sometimes. After all, intuition is a valuable tool.

But, I do think the process is sufficiently random, that it wouldn't do us much good to put too much effort into trying to parse them one by one. On the flipside, if I'm driving a beater with bad brakes and dream about driving off a cliff, well........

Wahbooz

Governor
I choose to consider dreams as sort of amalgamations of our intuitions. In other words, a whole lotta little tiny "this's and that's" go into creating a dream. That's why dreams actually DO appear to come true sometimes. After all, intuition is a valuable tool.

But, I do think the process is sufficiently random, that it wouldn't do us much good to put too much effort into trying to parse them one by one. On the flipside, if I'm driving a beater with bad brakes and dream about driving off a cliff, well........
It could be intuition, or it could be the other side 'talking' to us, and it could be a little bit of both. Of course my feelings come from an ethnic background.... like this:

Wahbooz

Governor

Listen to this video and see if you come away with something significant in what this lady tells about dreams.

Last edited:

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Remember that goofy prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep..."? I was always one to be happy to go, any night running, would have been fine with me. Such is the mood of a loner. I tried to sleep with both my wives, but that only works in a king sized bed and I was always poor. Now I'm old and poor. With old age comes pain. And one of the biggest pains is rememberring the stupid things we did and ways we thought in our lives. Today, I live for my wife and son, they need me, at least, I think they do.

I find myself wondering how they would survive if something happened to me. I feel I've woefully let them down, except for faith, I know they will go on believing and trusting. Maybe that was the most important thing to leave them.

We have 3 fish aquariums. Living plants, living moss balls, snails, pretty fish, it's a lot of work but living things keep you company, keep your spirits up. The wife runs a nursery, I send her the water I extract when I clean the gravel, the plants thrive on it, we had a geranium bloom in February, pretty cool experience. Thing is, you get something from living creatures, that the dead furniture doesn't supply. If I die tomorrow, the furniture I built will easily last my son's entire life, but I'm not sure he knows how to care for the fish... the fish give you a big boost, I am afraid they will lose the life they offer, the interaction, they add a big dimension to the home.

That's what I worry about. I worry about what kind of life they will have left. If I lost either of them, it would kill me. This physical life has to end sooner or later, but I always thought it would be alright as long as I got all the furniture built (that's a metaphor) but now I realize, it isn't the furniture that was most important, it's the fish tanks and the plants... its the life, and how will any two of us survive without the 3rd?

If I had the chance to write a note to my younger self, that's what I would have written to myself... focus more on the life, on living things. Instead of fretting over the dead stuff. Maybe I can still learn that.

My daughter, soninlaw, and 4 grandkids live with me and my wife. We've lived together since the first granddaughter (now 21) was born. the next granddaughter is 17; the next one is my 15 year old grandson and the youngest is the 6 year old boy. We're like the Waltons except noisier. Like Jimmy Buffet said about life: some of it's magic, some of it's tragic; but I've had a good life all the way.

fairsheet

Senator
Listen to this video and see if you come away with something significant in what this lady tells about dreams.

Wahbooz, I'm not especially moved. Each of we 7.8 billion humans is unique. A lot of us don't pay a whole lot of attention to such things, but others of us - over time - develop pretty elaborate theories as to things like dreams. Then, some get to thinking really really deeply of themselves and are convinced that they need to bring their theories to "others".

What we forget though, is that where we've ended up in terms of our theory, is a function of OUR unique life. We have arrived at a point - by way of self-reinforcement, that we're onto something special and unique. Then...we're convinced that something that took us our entire lives to figure out (so to speak), can be transferred to others, within the context of a several hour seminar.

So...you ask what I take away? It's blah-blah-blah....

Wahbooz

Governor
Wahbooz, I'm not especially moved. Each of we 7.8 billion humans is unique. A lot of us don't pay a whole lot of attention to such things, but others of us - over time - develop pretty elaborate theories as to things like dreams. Then, some get to thinking really really deeply of themselves and are convinced that they need to bring their theories to "others".

What we forget though, is that where we've ended up in terms of our theory, is a function of OUR unique life. We have arrived at a point - by way of self-reinforcement, that we're onto something special and unique. Then...we're convinced that something that took us our entire lives to figure out (so to speak), can be transferred to others, within the context of a several hour seminar.

So...you ask what I take away? It's blah-blah-blah....
Well that's your choice, but that is how progress is made in educating oneself. If every single one of the 7.8 billion on this earth had to begin at the beginning, what sort of evolution do you suppose would have taken place?