• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

In case I die tomorrow

fairsheet

Senator
Well that's your choice, but that is how progress is made in educating oneself. If every single one of the 7.8 billion on this earth had to begin at the beginning, what sort of evolution do you suppose would have taken place?
You asked what I took away, and I told you. I don't deserve a rebuke.

fairsheet

Senator
My daughter, soninlaw, and 4 grandkids live with me and my wife. We've lived together since the first granddaughter (now 21) was born. the next granddaughter is 17; the next one is my 15 year old grandson and the youngest is the 6 year old boy. We're like the Waltons except noisier. Like Jimmy Buffet said about life: some of it's magic, some of it's tragic; but I've had a good life all the way.
JD, think about and reconcile this...per your expressed Christian perspective, John Walton (the father) went straight to hell upon his passing.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
JD, think about and reconcile this...per your expressed Christian perspective, John Walton (the father) went straight to hell upon his passing.
Possibly, but that was not my point. My point was that we all live together under one roof, grandparent, parents, and kids, just like the Waltons did very happily.

Reactions: Jen

fairsheet

Senator
Possibly, but that was not my point. My point was that we all live together under one roof, grandparent, parents, and kids, just like the Waltons did very happily.
I know EXACTLY what your point was. That's why I thought this offered up an ideal scenario for you to reconcile with your certitudes.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I know EXACTLY what your point was. That's why I thought this offered up an ideal scenario for you to reconcile with your certitudes.
I have a fairly good reconciliation with my certitudes. I appreciate your trying to offer an ideal scenario for whatever it is you are talking about, but you're scratching me where I don't itch.

fairsheet

Senator
I have a fairly good reconciliation with my certitudes. I appreciate your trying to offer an ideal scenario for whatever it is you are talking about, but you're scratching me where I don't itch.
This goes straight to your admission that "you believe whatever you choose to believe".

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
This goes straight to your admission that "you believe whatever you choose to believe".
Doesn't everyone? I choose to believe in truth, honest dissertation and the value of responsible behavior. You choose to believe lies and bullshit and in the end justifies the means mentality.

I choose to believe in salvation from hell by the grace of God through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. I won't speculate of what you choose to believe reconciles you to God.

fairsheet

Senator
Doesn't everyone? I choose to believe in truth, honest dissertation and the value of responsible behavior. You choose to believe lies and bullshit and in the end justifies the means mentality.

I choose to believe in salvation from hell by the grace of God through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. I won't speculate of what you choose to believe reconciles you to God.
"Doesn't everyone?" Damn! I rethought that one the minute I pushed <send>! Of course everyone does! On the other hand, just because we choose it, doesn't make it true.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I don't agree with ignoring a dream, that could be a fatal mistake for someone to make.
I must be remarkably shallow. My dreams are nearly always nonsensical comedies. In fact, I often wake myself up laughing.

My wife teases me about it.

Wahbooz

Governor
I must be remarkably shallow. My dreams are nearly always nonsensical comedies. In fact, I often wake myself up laughing.

My wife teases me about it.
You've never had a dream with a message within it? Perhaps you need to look a bit deeper.

Of course comedy is good for the soul.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
You've never had a dream with a message within it? Perhaps you need to look a bit deeper.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to read it - but my dreams are generally unserious (by this, I mean stupid - or perhaps comic relief). I don't mean to dismiss the dreams of others. This just doesn't seem to be where my mind does its best work. :-/

Wahbooz

Governor
Honestly, I'm not sure how to read it - but my dreams are generally unserious (by this, I mean stupid - or perhaps comic relief). I don't mean to dismiss the dreams of others. This just doesn't seem to be where my mind does its best work. :-/
Maybe your dreams are for stress relieving, if you have any in your life or career.

Jen

Senator

I don't know how to find the message in my dreams.
I do dream things that I think are important. Nothing has ever been something that comes true or anything. But I dream of places not that I've been to in real life, but the same dream places always recur and I know them not. That's got to mean something.

Days

Commentator
I don't know how to find the message in my dreams.
I do dream things that I think are important. Nothing has ever been something that comes true or anything. But I dream of places not that I've been to in real life, but the same dream places always recur and I know them not. That's got to mean something.
I've gone to the same dream places over and over also. I constantly see family in my dreams also. I have dreams where I can seem to glide inches above the ground without having to place my foot on terra firma, a kind of walking levitation. I've met the same persons over and over also, I don't know them in real life, but I know them in my dreams. When I meet up with people I've known in years gone by, I and the old friends are always at that age we were when I knew them. Usually that's childhood years.

Jen

Senator
I've gone to the same dream places over and over also. I constantly see family in my dreams also. I have dreams where I can seem to glide inches above the ground without having to place my foot on terra firma, a kind of walking levitation. I've met the same persons over and over also, I don't know them in real life, but I know them in my dreams. When I meet up with people I've known in years gone by, I and the old friends are always at that age we were when I knew them. Usually that's childhood years.
I do that too, in dreams, sort of glide without actually walking. I am always at a mid age - not young or old - and my parents are there in many dreams also at about the same age as I am in the dreams. When my children are in my dreams they are usually very young. Sometimes I wonder if dreams are real happenings - just some other time and place. That wondering is quickly dismissed.

I do that too, in dreams, sort of glide without actually walking. I am always at a mid age - not young or old - and my parents are there in many dreams also at about the same age as I am in the dreams. When my children are in my dreams they are usually very young. Sometimes I wonder if dreams are real happenings - just some other time and place. That wondering is quickly dismissed.
Dreaming is timeless
Aboriginal spirituality does not consider the ‘Dreamtime’ as a time past, in fact not as a time at all. Time refers to past, present and future but the ‘Dreamtime’ is none of these. The ‘Dreamtime’ “is there with them, it is not a long way away. The Dreamtime is the environment that the Aboriginal lived in, and it still exists today, all around us” [2]. It is important to note that the Dreaming always also comprises the significance of place [3].

Hence, if we try to use an English word, we should avoid the term ‘Dreamtime’ and use the word ‘Dreaming’ instead. It expresses better the timeless concept of moving from ‘dream’ to reality which in itself is an act of creation and the basis of many Aboriginal creation myths. None of the hundreds of Aboriginal languages contain a word for time [4].

We are the oldest and the strongest people, we're here all of the time, we're constant through the Dreaming which is happening now, there's no such thing as the Dreamtime.—Karl Telfer, senior culture-bearer for Kaurna people, Adelaide [5]

Note that the Dreaming is not the product of human dreams. The use of the English word ‘dreaming’ is more of a matter of analogy than translation [3].

Source: http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/spirituality/what-is-the-dreamtime-or-the-dreaming#ixzz3b02KKTPZ