• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

In connection with TTIP. Who owns the rights of American Land which will give ...

... corporate a free hand to do as it will? In Britain it is the Monarchy - who is it in America? And who gives them the right to sign away the Land?

... corporate a free hand to do as it will? In Britain it is the Monarchy - who is it in America? And who gives them the right to sign away the Land?
Investor protection trumps the rights of national sovereignty and democracy itself; even a monarch would have trouble supporting that.

"National sovereignty and investor-state dispute settlements (ISDS)[edit]
Investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS) is an instrument that allows an investor to bring a case directly against the country hosting its investment, without the intervention of the government of the investor's country of origin.[72]

"From the late 1980s, certain trade treaties have included provisions for ISDS, which allowed foreign investors who had been disadvantaged by actions of a signatory state to sue for damages in a tribunal of arbitration.

"More recently such claims have increased in number and value,[73] and some states have become increasingly resistant to such clauses.[74]

"In December 2013, a coalition of over 200 environmentalists, labor unions and consumer advocacy organizations on both sides of the Atlantic sent a letter to the USTR and European Commission demanding the investor-state dispute settlement be dropped from the trade talks, claiming that ISDS was 'a one-way street by which corporations can challenge government policies, but neither governments nor individuals are granted any comparable rights to hold corporations accountable'.[75][76]

"Some point out the 'potential for abuse' that may be inherent in the trade agreement due to its clauses relating to investor protection."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatlantic_Trade_and_Investment_Partnership#National_sovereignty_and_investor-state_dispute_settlements_.28ISDS.29

''Protesters from a range of political groups have gathered in central Berlin for a protest against TTIP, a trade deal between the US and the European Union that critics say will benefit large corporations at the expense of average Europeans.
Trade unions, environmental groups, charities and opposition parties were among the organizers of the rally, which went from the main railway station in central Berlin to the national parliament. According to activists, 250,000 people turned out for the event, while Berlin police claimed the number was closer to their initial expectation of 150,000.

Marchers banged drums, blew whistles and held up posters reading "Yes, we can – Stop TTIP." One group dragged a giant wooden horse – a reference to the Trojan horse of Greek legend – to demonstrate how the trade deal is being sneaked into law by corporate lobbyists and EU officials through subterfuge.

The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) is meant to improve trade between the US and the EU, bringing tens of billions of dollars in extra profits to businesses.

Critics fear that it would lead to worse safeguards in Europe, bringing down standards for consumer safety, food and health or labor rights down to those in America. European nations have stricter regulations for things like genetically modified foods or workers benefits than the US does. There is also discontent with the secretive nature of the negotiations, which prompts skeptics to assume the worst about the document they would eventually produce.

A June opinion poll by Emnid showed that 36 percent of Germans saw TTIP as a bad thing, up from 25 percent in February last year, when the first such poll was conducted.

The protest also targets Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), a similar trade deal that the EU is negotiating with Canada, which would also be bad for Europeans, according to critics.

There is a growing mistrust with the US in Europe’s leading country amid the scandal over mass electronic surveillance of Germans’ communications and the escalating refugee crisis, which many see as a result of failed American policies in the Middle East.''

https://www.rt.com/news/318199-berlin-ttip-protest-rally/

There is a growing mistrust with the US in Europe’s leading country amid the scandal over mass electronic surveillance of Germans’ communications and the escalating refugee crisis, which many see as a result of failed American policies in the Middle East.''
If enough Americans and Europeans connect the dots between endless war and eternal debt, that escalating refugee crisis could be a profound learning experience. If the few individuals and corporations who have earned $ billions from creating the misery those refugees are fleeing were required to pay the entire lifetime costs of resettling their victims, war would suddenly become much less profitable. Death Tax kills War?

If enough Americans and Europeans connect the dots between endless war and eternal debt, that escalating refugee crisis could be a profound learning experience. If the few individuals and corporations who have earned $ billions from creating the misery those refugees are fleeing were required to pay the entire lifetime costs of resettling their victims, war would suddenly become much less profitable. Death Tax kills War?
It doesn't matter IF we all see it, it is what those who do do about it that counts.

I recently put leaflets in the Village Post Office -- 'whats that?' is all I got from any one --- ordinary people have never heard of it, they have absolutely no inkling of its existence, they don't believe you when you tell them because it is incomprehensible to them that our Gov would sell us out in such a way even though it has done nothing but all of their lives.

Protests here are so reported in the Media that they are dismissed as 'yobs' making a fuss about nothing ---

I recently put leaflets in the Village Post Office -- 'whats that?' is all I got from any one --- ordinary people have never heard of it, they have absolutely no inkling of its existence, they don't believe you when you tell them because it is incomprehensible to them that our Gov would sell us out in such a way even though it has done nothing but all of their lives.
What were the demographics of those with no inkling of TTIP? Do they rely on the NHS?
"But worryingly, the covert nature of the talks may well be the least of our problems. Here are six other reasons why we should be scared of TTIP, very scared indeed:

"1 The NHS

"Public services, especially the NHS, are in the firing line. One of the main aims of TTIP is to open up Europe’s public health, education and water services to US companies. This could essentially mean the privatisation of the NHS.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html
"The European Commission has claimed that public services will be kept out of TTIP.

"However, according to the Huffington Post, the UK Trade Minister Lord Livingston has admitted that talks about the NHS were still on the table."

What were the demographics of those with no inkling of TTIP? Do they rely on the NHS?
"But worryingly, the covert nature of the talks may well be the least of our problems. Here are six other reasons why we should be scared of TTIP, very scared indeed:

"1 The NHS

"Public services, especially the NHS, are in the firing line. One of the main aims of TTIP is to open up Europe’s public health, education and water services to US companies. This could essentially mean the privatisation of the NHS.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html
"The European Commission has claimed that public services will be kept out of TTIP.

"However, according to the Huffington Post, the UK Trade Minister Lord Livingston has admitted that talks about the NHS were still on the table."

50% of the NHS is manegment now thanks to Blair but it was Thatcher who began its death ----

Over TTIP most people still think of International treaties as being agreed among Nations but they are not, for a long time now they have also included International Organizations ie W.H.O and so on ---- now all sorts of Companies from all over are investing 'all over' --- etc and it has come to pass that Nations are no longer the ones who make the agreements International Organizations ( Corporates ) are which makes them the Governing bodies. :(

50% of the NHS is manegment now thanks to Blair but it was Thatcher who began its death ----

Over TTIP most people still think of International treaties as being agreed among Nations but they are not, for a long time now they have also included International Organizations ie W.H.O and so on ---- now all sorts of Companies from all over are investing 'all over' --- etc and it has come to pass that Nations are no longer the ones who make the agreements International Organizations ( Corporates ) are which makes them the Governing bodies. :(
So the death of the nation-state means corporate feudalism on a global scale will take its place. I imagine Wall Street and the City are on board, so it isn't likely to be an improvement. Perhaps the enlisted ranks of the military will be Democracy's last champions?

So the death of the nation-state means corporate feudalism on a global scale will take its place. I imagine Wall Street and the City are on board, so it isn't likely to be an improvement. Perhaps the enlisted ranks of the military will be Democracy's last champions?

I really don't think so georgephillip --- The Military will be used against us under the guise of 'protecting us' surely ------------------ but that is all still a maybe. International treaties are not maybes they facts, TTIP can still be fought by the people but as I say, most people just don't get it so don't know what or who or how to fight the invisible enemy, 'cos they don't see it.

I really don't think so georgephillip --- The Military will be used against us under the guise of 'protecting us' surely ------------------ but that is all still a maybe. International treaties are not maybes they facts, TTIP can still be fought by the people but as I say, most people just don't get it so don't know what or who or how to fight the invisible enemy, 'cos they don't see it.
Complicating things in the US, these treaties are officially classified as pacts which makes them much easier to pass in the US Congress. Corporations save on bribe money.

Well this one is even more harmless sounding for it is a 'partnership'!
The "Partnership" TTIP is being negotiated by the European Commission and the USA , in tandem with a separate one between the European Commission and Canada . The signing of both these will bring about a trading arrangement similar to that between the USA and Canada ( and between The USA and South America) . The details agreed by the negotiators should be reported back to the respective organisations . In the case of the European Commission to the EU , who should report back to the nation states , and in the case of the USA to Washington , I wonder if the States of the Union will be informed of the details of the negotiations! I also wonder how much the nation states of Europe are being told , the electorate certainly is being kept under informed . In fact the majority of Europeans don't know it is happening !

The "Partnership" TTIP is being negotiated by the European Commission and the USA , in tandem with a separate one between the European Commission and Canada . The signing of both these will bring about a trading arrangement similar to that between the USA and Canada ( and between The USA and South America) . The details agreed by the negotiators should be reported back to the respective organisations . In the case of the European Commission to the EU , who should report back to the nation states , and in the case of the USA to Washington , I wonder if the States of the Union will be informed of the details of the negotiations! I also wonder how much the nation states of Europe are being told , the electorate certainly is being kept under informed . In fact the majority of Europeans don't know it is happening !
I am also not sure about our standing if we come out of the EU.

It is anyway, there is no negotiation in the EU.
It seems that the Commission is a law unto itself , it appears to ignore the EU to which, in theory it reports. I am increasing to believe that the negotiators , on all sides , work with each other ,rather than for the organisations that employ them.

''Protesters from a range of political groups have gathered in central Berlin for a protest against TTIP, a trade deal between the US and the European Union that critics say will benefit large corporations at the expense of average Europeans.
Trade unions, environmental groups, charities and opposition parties were among the organizers of the rally, which went from the main railway station in central Berlin to the national parliament. According to activists, 250,000 people turned out for the event, while Berlin police claimed the number was closer to their initial expectation of 150,000.

Marchers banged drums, blew whistles and held up posters reading "Yes, we can – Stop TTIP." One group dragged a giant wooden horse – a reference to the Trojan horse of Greek legend – to demonstrate how the trade deal is being sneaked into law by corporate lobbyists and EU officials through subterfuge.

The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) is meant to improve trade between the US and the EU, bringing tens of billions of dollars in extra profits to businesses.

Critics fear that it would lead to worse safeguards in Europe, bringing down standards for consumer safety, food and health or labor rights down to those in America. European nations have stricter regulations for things like genetically modified foods or workers benefits than the US does. There is also discontent with the secretive nature of the negotiations, which prompts skeptics to assume the worst about the document they would eventually produce.

A June opinion poll by Emnid showed that 36 percent of Germans saw TTIP as a bad thing, up from 25 percent in February last year, when the first such poll was conducted.

The protest also targets Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), a similar trade deal that the EU is negotiating with Canada, which would also be bad for Europeans, according to critics.

https://www.rt.com/news/318199-berlin-ttip-protest-rally/
The German Protestors had an awareness of what was being done to their country under the guise of this kind of Trade Partnersip

Attachments

It seems that the Commission is a law unto itself , it appears to ignore the EU to which, in theory it reports. I am increasing to believe that the negotiators , on all sides , work with each other ,rather than for the organisations that employ them.
Why do you think I am struggling so with this assignment? The whole EU system stinks.

But ---- I must stop distracting myself with PJ ---- !!!!!!!!! and do it!!!!!!!!!!!

ps --- on the tool bar next to smilies -is a box - click that for entering pics --- next to the box is for videos/films xxx

Why do you think I am struggling so with this assignment? The whole EU system stinks.

But ---- I must stop distracting myself with PJ ---- !!!!!!!!! and do it!!!!!!!!!!!

ps --- on the tool bar next to smilies -is a box - click that for entering pics --- next to the box is for videos/films xxx
Does that mean that my uploaded pic can't be seen ?