• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Inconvenient Information Update: Voter I.D.

Zam-Zam

Senator
An overwhelming majority of Michigan voters are in favor of increased election security, including measures requiring photo identification to vote, a recent poll by the Remington Research Group found.

The poll, commissioned by Americans for Citizen Voting, surveyed 1,011 likely 2022 General Election Michigan voters. Among results, it found more than 75% of participants supported a requirement to show a government-issued photo ID in order to vote, while support among Black residents was even higher at 79%.

“A majority of African Americans in Michigan support voter ID because they understand it is the surest way to validate a voter’s identification,” Christopher Arps, president of Americans for Citizen Voting, said in the release. “People who look like me know how important the vote is, and we want to protect it.”

Complete text: Majority of Michigan voters favor increased voter security, new poll finds | Great Lakes Wire

Whether or not Democrat politicians in Michigan care what black voters, or any voters prefer remains to be seen.

My guess is no, they don't.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Yet he finds another one !!!!!

Man you are amazing !

This poll company is even listed as a credible source or even as a licensed pollster

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Michigan already requires photo ID to vote.

Your survey is a part of Republicans misleading their base to believe otherwise. This is a cover for their new laws leading the public to believe they're shoring up security when in fact they are enacting laws with provisions to overturn election results.

In Ohio, photo ID is required, but if the voter doesn't have one, 2 other forms of ID are required in place of it.

How Republicans plan to steal elections | PoliticalJack.com

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Michigan already requires photo ID to vote.

Your survey is a part of Republicans misleading their base to believe otherwise. This is a cover for their new laws leading the public to believe they're shoring up security when in fact they are enacting laws with provisions to overturn election results.

In Ohio, photo ID is required, but if the voter doesn't have one, 2 other forms of ID are required in place of it.
Look at the source............. drop the mic here........

Zam-Zam

Senator
Yet he finds another one !!!!!

Man you are amazing !

This poll company is even listed as a credible source or even as a licensed pollster

Don't like that one? Try this one:

POLL: Majority of Dems, Non-White Voters Support Voter ID Laws

A majority of Democrats and non-white voters support requiring voters to present photo identification in order to cast a ballot, according to a Monmouth University Polling Institute survey released on Monday.

POLL: Majority of Dems, Non-White Voters Support Voter ID Laws (yahoo.com)

CNN agrees:

Voter ID requirements are really popular. So why are they so divisive?

Voter ID requirements are really popular. So why are they so divisive? - CNNPolitics

Once again, your only argument blows up in your face.

Want to try again?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Don't like that one? Try this one:

A majority of Democrats and non-white voters support requiring voters to present photo identification in order to cast a ballot, according to a Monmouth University Polling Institute survey released on Monday.

CNN agrees:

Voter ID requirements are really popular. So why are they so divisive?

Voter ID requirements are really popular. So why are they so divisive? - CNNPolitics

Once again, your only argument blows up in your face.

Want to try again?
Remember, while actual liberals are curious, inquisitive, and take civic stewardship seriously…leftists do not respond to content in good faith, seeking instead to preempt discussion, discredit sources and posters, and to essentially do whatever it takes to advance authoritarian central state collectivism at all costs.

This why PJ lefties trade in thread derailment, source derision, and falsehoods in lieu of open exchange of ideas and direct debate on the facts.

Voter ID has consistently been overwhelmingly popular among virtually all segments of society for years and years. Leftists and Democrats have been directly opposed to overwhelming popular will on this matter for decades…hence the immediate, reflexive PJ dilution campaign.

Zam-Zam

Senator
It's still a piece of Republicans efforts to use Trump's Big Lie to cast doubt on election results that in 2020 were considered the most secure in our history. That was according to Trump-appointed CISA head.....who Trump promptly fired.

Uh-oh.

Majority of Dems....

An overwhelming majority of Michigan voters are in favor of increased election security, including measures requiring photo identification to vote, a recent poll by the Remington Research Group found.

The poll, commissioned by Americans for Citizen Voting, surveyed 1,011 likely 2022 General Election Michigan voters. Among results, it found more than 75% of participants supported a requirement to show a government-issued photo ID in order to vote, while support among Black residents was even higher at 79%.

“A majority of African Americans in Michigan support voter ID because they understand it is the surest way to validate a voter’s identification,” Christopher Arps, president of Americans for Citizen Voting, said in the release. “People who look like me know how important the vote is, and we want to protect it.”

Complete text: Majority of Michigan voters favor increased voter security, new poll finds | Great Lakes Wire

Whether or not Democrat politicians in Michigan care what black voters, or any voters prefer remains to be seen.

My guess is no, they don't.
Even taking your crummy source at face value..

The majority's opinion doesn't have the ability to restrict people's constitutionally protected right to vote.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Even taking your crummy source at face value..

The majority's opinion doesn't have the ability to restrict people's constitutionally protected right to vote.
Other than Democrat politicians, I can't find any group that is against voter I.D. I believe the government is supposed to work for the people, not the other way around. But then some people are simply subservient by nature.

Are CNN and Monmouth University "crummy sources" as well?

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Would these be the same voter id laws that busted all those right wingers voting twice ? just asking for a friend.

Just tell me, when the constitution and laws were written - what voter id did they show - oh wait - since we had airports back then we probably had picture driver's license too - amiright?

I think everyone will agree each person should get 1 vote and no matter how many time their orange idol tells them to vote twice, three times DON'T DO IT !

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Other than Democrat politicians, I can't find any group that is against voter I.D. I believe the government is supposed to work for the people, not the other way around. But then some people are simply subservient by nature.

Are CNN and Monmouth University "crummy sources" as well?
Wow. I just keep reading the unthinking lefty onslaught of emoting, tangential slop and think to myself how poorly raised and mal-educated these folks are. They don't merely think and believe incorrect things...they aren't equipped to reflect and make adjustments. Set in stone and unwilling to listen.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Would these be the same voter id laws that busted all those right wingers voting twice ? just asking for a friend.

Just tell me, when the constitution and laws were written - what voter id did they show - oh wait - since we had airports back then we probably had picture driver's license too - amiright?

I think everyone will agree each person should get 1 vote and no matter how many time their orange idol tells them to vote twice, three times DON'T DO IT !
Some wingers voted twice or more than twice

D and R wingers

Leftist say there is no voter fraud and now there is fraud

Post you links

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
What are the constitutional requirements to vote?
Over 18, and a US Citizen.
That's it.

It doesn't say over 18, a US Citizen, and possess an ID.

You can't go adding extraconstitutional requirements to vote without an amendment.
If one doesn't have some form of ID how do they prove they are who they say they are or a Citizen in order to vote? Run on down to the election board and try registering w/out and ID and learn you can't.

Appears you don't know the OUR Constitution as good as you claim you do.