• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Inconvenient Information Update: Voter I.D.

Zam-Zam

Senator
How so ?

What is bigoted about pointing out, that you are gleefully supporting a LIE about voter behavior that disenfranchises legitimate voters in order to shave votes from the other side ?

Please explain the basis for your personal attack.
You begin with "you wingers" and don't understand why I call you out on it?

Really? You don't get it?

None so blind as he who will not see.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
An overwhelming majority of Michigan voters are in favor of increased election security, including measures requiring photo identification to vote, a recent poll by the Remington Research Group found.

The poll, commissioned by Americans for Citizen Voting, surveyed 1,011 likely 2022 General Election Michigan voters. Among results, it found more than 75% of participants supported a requirement to show a government-issued photo ID in order to vote, while support among Black residents was even higher at 79%.

“A majority of African Americans in Michigan support voter ID because they understand it is the surest way to validate a voter’s identification,” Christopher Arps, president of Americans for Citizen Voting, said in the release. “People who look like me know how important the vote is, and we want to protect it.”

Complete text: Majority of Michigan voters favor increased voter security, new poll finds | Great Lakes Wire

Whether or not Democrat politicians in Michigan care what black voters, or any voters prefer remains to be seen.

My guess is no, they don't.
Michigan voters say yes, we should show a photo id. Were they also opposed to absentee voting? Because the bill that was vetoed had more than just photo ids. Some counties in Texas are using the new laws to take control of election boards...and those f*cked up id requirements are keeping voters from getting absentee ballots if they can't provide their original ID. One WWII vet registered to vote 65 years ago. Now the try to compare his current driver's license to the registration record...which has no ID on it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If one doesn't have some form of ID how do they prove they are who they say they are or a Citizen in order to vote? Run on down to the election board and try registering w/out and ID and learn you can't.

Appears you don't know the OUR Constitution as good as you claim you do.
so ID is already required.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Michigan voters say yes, we should show a photo id. Were they also opposed to absentee voting? Because the bill that was vetoed had more than just photo ids. Some counties in Texas are using the new laws to take control of election boards...and those f*cked up id requirements are keeping voters from getting absentee ballots if they can't provide their original ID. One WWII vet registered to vote 65 years ago. Now the try to compare his current driver's license to the registration record...which has no ID on it.

Variations in Voter Identification Laws
Voter ID laws can be categorized in two ways. First, the laws can be sorted by whether the state asks for a photo ID or whether it accepts IDs without a photo as well. Second, the laws can be divided by what actions are available for voters who do not have ID. These two categorization schemes can and do overlap.

Photo vs. non-photo identification: Some states request or require voters to show an identification document that has a photo on it, such as a driver’s license, state-issued identification card, military ID, tribal ID, and many other forms of ID. Other states accept non-photo identification such as a bank statement with name and address or other document that does not necessarily have a photo. Using this categorization for laws that are in effect as of September 2021, 17 states ask for a photo ID and 19 states also accept non-photo IDs. (To see this difference, look at the columns in Table One.)

Procedures for when a voter does not have identification: If a voter fails to show the ID that is asked for by law, states provide alternatives. These laws fit two categories, non-strict and strict. (To see this difference, look at the rows in Table One.)

• Non-strict: At least some voters without acceptable identification have an option to cast a ballot that will be counted without further action on the part of the voter. For instance, a voter may sign an affidavit of identity, or poll workers may be permitted to vouch for the voter. In some of the “non-strict” states (Colorado, Florida, Montana, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Utah and Vermont), voters who do not show required identification may vote on a provisional ballot. After the close of Election Day, election officials will determine (via a signature check or other verification) whether the voter was eligible and registered, and therefore whether the provisional ballot should be counted. No action on the part of the voter is required. In New Hampshire, election officials will send a letter to anyone who signed a challenged voter affidavit because they did not show an ID, and these voters must return the mailing, confirming that they are indeed in residence as indicated on the affidavit.
  • Strict: Voters without acceptable identification must vote on a provisional ballot and also take additional steps after Election Day for it to be counted. For instance, the voter may be required to return to an election office within a few days after the election and present an acceptable ID to have the provisional ballot counted. If the voter does not come back to show ID, the provisional ballot is not counted.

Voter ID Laws (ncsl.org)

Nothing there seems unreasonable to me.

Is some effort required? Yes.

That's not a bad thing.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
For the rest of the story:
The Veteran said he gets around good and can still go vote in person and using as a political tool is Deplorable.

My neighbor is a 98 year old WWII Veteran and will Only vote in person and gets around better than many 50 year old's

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Variations in Voter Identification Laws
Voter ID laws can be categorized in two ways. First, the laws can be sorted by whether the state asks for a photo ID or whether it accepts IDs without a photo as well. Second, the laws can be divided by what actions are available for voters who do not have ID. These two categorization schemes can and do overlap.

Photo vs. non-photo identification: Some states request or require voters to show an identification document that has a photo on it, such as a driver’s license, state-issued identification card, military ID, tribal ID, and many other forms of ID. Other states accept non-photo identification such as a bank statement with name and address or other document that does not necessarily have a photo. Using this categorization for laws that are in effect as of September 2021, 17 states ask for a photo ID and 19 states also accept non-photo IDs. (To see this difference, look at the columns in Table One.)

Procedures for when a voter does not have identification: If a voter fails to show the ID that is asked for by law, states provide alternatives. These laws fit two categories, non-strict and strict. (To see this difference, look at the rows in Table One.)

• Non-strict: At least some voters without acceptable identification have an option to cast a ballot that will be counted without further action on the part of the voter. For instance, a voter may sign an affidavit of identity, or poll workers may be permitted to vouch for the voter. In some of the “non-strict” states (Colorado, Florida, Montana, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Utah and Vermont), voters who do not show required identification may vote on a provisional ballot. After the close of Election Day, election officials will determine (via a signature check or other verification) whether the voter was eligible and registered, and therefore whether the provisional ballot should be counted. No action on the part of the voter is required. In New Hampshire, election officials will send a letter to anyone who signed a challenged voter affidavit because they did not show an ID, and these voters must return the mailing, confirming that they are indeed in residence as indicated on the affidavit.
  • Strict: Voters without acceptable identification must vote on a provisional ballot and also take additional steps after Election Day for it to be counted. For instance, the voter may be required to return to an election office within a few days after the election and present an acceptable ID to have the provisional ballot counted. If the voter does not come back to show ID, the provisional ballot is not counted.

Voter ID Laws (ncsl.org)

Nothing there seems unreasonable to me.

Is some effort required? Yes.

That's not a bad thing.
That isn't the sum total of what republicans are implementing. They are using the new rules to take over election boards. Selecting republicans to run them, even in democratic areas.

In Texas they require that you provide the original id you used to register.
Second world war veteran twice denied absentee ballot under Texas voting law
Kenneth Thompson, 95, must submit a social security or driver’s license number, which wasn’t required in the 1940s

One county now has eliminated Sunday voting. Why? Because black churches organized voting drives on Sundays after church.

Look up caging. The republican party has gone to court numerous times to defend the practice.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Too Register
Not To Vote
You still have to show some form if ID to vote everywhere I've voted...You also have to sign the poll book. Your signature is subject to a match with the registration record.

Colorado now has universal mail in ballots. No problems.

Meanwhile, Texas has created a mess...

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You still have to show some form if ID to vote everywhere I've voted...You also have to sign the poll book. Your signature is subject to a match with the registration record.

Colorado now has universal mail in ballots. No problems.
I haven't shown my ID in decades, I know the election judges and majority of NC voters voted for voter ID and a damn fed judge flushed the will of the people and if Colorado has what you claim then it's ripe for fraud.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I haven't shown my ID in decades, I know the election judges and majority of NC voters voted for voter ID and a damn fed judge flushed the will of the people and if Colorado has what you claim then it's ripe for fraud.
And in spite of being "ripe" for fraud, there is a handful of cases....certainly nothing that would change an election.

You clearly do not know the process for validating absentee ballots. If you want to claim there is fraud then prove there is fraud...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
For the rest of the story:
The Veteran said he gets around good and can still go vote in person and using as a political tool is Deplorable.

My neighbor is a 98 year old WWII Veteran and will Only vote in person and gets around better than many 50 year old's
My dad is 96 and doesn't get around. Why can't that veteran get his registration record updated? Colorado is something like 95% absentee....here are the prosecutions for fraud.

Zam-Zam

Senator
That isn't the sum total of what republicans are implementing. They are using the new rules to take over election boards. Selecting republicans to run them, even in democratic areas.

In Texas they require that you provide the original id you used to register.
Second world war veteran twice denied absentee ballot under Texas voting law
Kenneth Thompson, 95, must submit a social security or driver’s license number, which wasn’t required in the 1940s

One county now has eliminated Sunday voting. Why? Because black churches organized voting drives on Sundays after church.

Look up caging. The republican party has gone to court numerous times to defend the practice.
My top post was about what Americans prefer.

They prefer voter ID, according to multiple polls. That includes 56% of democrats.

It's all good.

Spamature

President
You begin with "you wingers" and don't understand why I call you out on it?

Really? You don't get it?

None so blind as he who will not see.
I call you that for your unfailing support for right wing policy and governing, in spite of the outcomes we've had with that kind of leadership.

I would call you cons if you were still conservatives.
But that bus left the station a while ago, and you waved it goodbye.

reason10

Governor
Michigan already requires photo ID to vote.

Your survey is a part of Republicans misleading their base to believe otherwise. This is a cover for their new laws leading the public to believe they're shoring up security when in fact they are enacting laws with provisions to overturn election results.

In Ohio, photo ID is required, but if the voter doesn't have one, 2 other forms of ID are required in place of it.

How Republicans plan to steal elections | PoliticalJack.com
Republicans don't steal elections. We win them, based on superior candidates and sane ideology.

Democrats steal elections. They stole the last presidency.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I call you that for your unfailing support for right wing policy and governing, in spite of the outcomes we've had with that kind of leadership.

I would call you cons if you were still conservatives.
But that bus left the station a while ago, and you waved it goodbye.
You really don't get it.

Fine with me. It's your problem to deal with.

It's all good.