• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Inconvenient Information Update: Voter I.D.

Spamature

President
An overwhelming majority of Michigan voters are in favor of increased election security, including measures requiring photo identification to vote, a recent poll by the Remington Research Group found.

The poll, commissioned by Americans for Citizen Voting, surveyed 1,011 likely 2022 General Election Michigan voters. Among results, it found more than 75% of participants supported a requirement to show a government-issued photo ID in order to vote, while support among Black residents was even higher at 79%.

“A majority of African Americans in Michigan support voter ID because they understand it is the surest way to validate a voter’s identification,” Christopher Arps, president of Americans for Citizen Voting, said in the release. “People who look like me know how important the vote is, and we want to protect it.”

Complete text: Majority of Michigan voters favor increased voter security, new poll finds | Great Lakes Wire

Whether or not Democrat politicians in Michigan care what black voters, or any voters prefer remains to be seen.

My guess is no, they don't.
So you got people suckered into your duplicitous point shaving scheme aimed at suppressing the votes of the poor young minorities, because even having them wait in hours long voting lines can't win you elections. So you are now are banking on the lie that voter impersonation is the reason you lose elections, and not the horrible job GOPer do running the nation and the utter disgrace when wingers do run it.

Zam-Zam

Senator
So you got people suckered into your duplicitous point shaving scheme aimed at suppressing the votes of the poor young minorities, because even having them wait in hours long voting lines can't win you elections. So you are now are banking on the lie that voter impersonation is the reason you lose elections, and not the horrible job GOPer do running the nation and the utter disgrace when wingers do run it.
No.

I'm showing sourced information, from a variety of sources, that indicates the majority of Americans think voter I.D. is a good thing. Even a majority of Democrats think so.

How you feel about it is your business. The facts remain what they are.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Yet another source, for those having difficulty accepting the data:

According to an Associated Press poll, 72% of respondents support showing a photo identification in order to vote. Between the parties, 91% of Republicans and 56% of Democrats support the policy. A similar result was found in the latest Economist/YouGov poll. People favored requiring a photo ID as a means to vote by absentee ballot, 53% to 28%.

Voter ID rules popular among public: Polls (msn.com)

56% of Democrats...Better work on convincing them first, no?

Spamature

President
No.

I'm showing sourced information, from a variety of sources, that indicates the majority of Americans think voter I.D. is a good thing. Even a majority of Democrats think so.

How you feel about it is your business. The facts remain what they are.
Yes, you love to brag about how the right has misled this country on the issue.
They do a very good job.

But, what the public thinks it is vs what it really is, are two different things.

Congrats, you folk have conned the nation into believing a nonexistent crime is a problem, just so you can shave votes from the poor minorities.

You should be ashamed of that, instead posting as if it is something respectable.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Yes, you love to brag about how the right has misled this country on the issue.
They do a very good job.

But, what the public thinks it is vs what it really is, are two different things.

Congrats, you folk have conned the nation into believing a nonexistent Crime is a problem, just so you can shave votes from the poor minorities.

You should be ashamed of that, instead posting as if it is something respectable.
No brag - Just facts.

Including 56% of Democrats.

Are you arguing that 56% of Democrats are not very bright, and are easily deceived?

Spamature

President
No brag - Just facts.

Including 56% of Democrats.

Are you arguing that 56% of Democrats are not very bright, and are easily deceived?
Yeah, or just not informed about the actual issue.
I have explained it to you. You know it's nothing but a point shaving scheme by the GOP. In person voter impersonation is the only thing voter ID protects against. That crime happens about 11 times out of 1 billion votes.

It just a scam.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I have explained it to you. You know it's nothing but a point shaving scheme by the GOP. In person voter impersonation is the only thing voter ID protects against. That Crime happens about 11 times out of 1 billion votes.

It just a scam.
Wow...Now you can look down your nose at 56% of Democrats as well as all the non-Democrats you deem inferior to yourself.

Which reminds me of this:

“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”

William Shakespeare, "As You Like It"

So, you think yourself wise, no?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I have explained it to you. You know it's nothing but a point shaving scheme by the GOP. In person voter impersonation is the only thing voter ID protects against. That Crime happens about 11 times out of 1 billion votes.

It just a scam.
Wow. Impenetrable. Bitterly, angrily, closed-mindedly impenetrable. You know…in this world…you don’t get to concoct fantasies that obviate reality, right? I mean…what if the vast majority of folks just actually champion the notion that ID should be shown when voting? Just pause on that for a second…the possibility that most people sincerely think that demonstrating confirmed identity before voting is good, secure stewardship of our elections.

I realize that to even ponder such a thing flies in the face of partisan orthodoxy, but are you able to even contemplate that it is possible that the majority of people of ALL races and in BOTH major political parties come by this conclusion in good faith with much thought and consideration? Possible?

Spamature

President
Wow...Now you can look down your nose at 56% of Democrats as well as all the non-Democrats you deem inferior to yourself.

Which reminds me of this:

“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”

William Shakespeare, "As You Like It"

So, you think yourself wise, no?
If they are making their decisions based upon being uniformed, then they have placed themselves in the position of being looked down upon. Just like those who dishonestly attempt to make rules based upon lies.

Image result for quotes about lying

Spamature

President
Wow. Impenetrable. Bitterly, angrily, closed-mindedly impenetrable. You know…in this world…you don’t get to concoct fantasies that obviate reality, right? I mean…what if the vast majority of folks just actually champion the notion that ID should be shown when voting? Just pause on that for a second…the possibility that most people sincerely think that demonstrating confirmed identity before voting is good, secure stewardship of our elections.

I realize that to even ponder such a thing flies in the face of partisan orthodoxy, but are you able to even contemplate that it is possible that the majority of people of ALL races and in BOTH major political parties come by this conclusion in good faith with much thought and consideration? Possible?
But that is not what happened, or did happen.

The right has been telling this lie for decades.

It is just that, a lie.

People didn't just decide it was a true.
They are inundated with this lie every time Republicans lose elections.
They have been told the lie that Dems cheat in the election and that this is a method Dems use. You know that. So why even try to pretend otherwise ?

It is a point shaving scam being perpetrated by the GOP.

So to you, I say Bull Shite !
Congrats.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
But that is not what happened, or did happen.

The right has been telling this lie for decades.

It is just that, a lie.

People didn't just decide it was a true.
They are inundated with this lie every time Republicans lose elections.
They have been told the lie that Dems cheat in the election and that this is a method Dems use. You know that. So why even try to pretend otherwise ?

It is a point shaving scam being perpetrated by the GOP.

So to you, I say Bull Shite !
Congrats.
What is the lie? That a large majority of Americans of every stripe favor the presentation of ID prior to voting? That is a fact. There is no lie there. Why oppose a thing that is at once utterly innocuous/simple and overwhelmingly desired by the people?

Spamature

President
What is the lie? That a large majority of Americans of every stripe favor the presentation of ID prior to voting? That is a fact. There is no lie there. Why oppose a thing that is at once utterly innocuous/simple and overwhelmingly desired by the people?
The lie is that it's needed for voting security.
It only protects against a crime that essentially does not happen.
You know that, so you know that it is a lie.

I oppose it because it is just a point shaving scheme that will disenfranchise a very large number of rightful voters in order to protect against a crime that essentially does not happen in comparison.

That's why, and you know that too.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
The lie is that it's needed for voting security.
It only protects against a Crime that essentially does not happen.
You know that, so you know that it is a lie.

I oppose it because it is just a point shaving scheme that will disenfranchise a very large number of rightful voters in order to protect against a Crime that essentially does not happen in comparison.

That's why, and you know that too.
So we’re all anti-prevention now, eh? Because society is trending so well? Less crime? Fewer riots. People getting along swimmingly? From now on, we should rescind all preventive measures and policies.

There is no “point shaving” in requiring all voters to equally show proof of ID when voting. No points are shaved. Frankly, the angry and animated responses from you here seems to indicate that something else is afoot.

Spamature

President
So we’re all anti-prevention now, eh? Because society is trending so well? Less Crime? Fewer riots. People getting along swimmingly? From now on, we should rescind all preventive measures and policies.

There is no “point shaving” in requiring all voters to equally show proof of ID when voting. No points are shaved. Frankly, the angry and animated responses from you here seems to indicate that something else is afoot.
Yes it is. They are betting on older white Republicans being more likely to have a current valid ID on election day than the younger blacks and hispanics who are more likely to vote Democratic.

You want to be able to turn away more rightful voters in the opposition party than are turned away at the ballot box than your own.

IT IS A POLITICAL POINT SHAVING SCHEME.

Don't play stupid and pretend you do not understand that.

I think you are wrong, but I know you are not stupid.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Yes it is. They are betting on older white Republicans being more likely to have a current valid ID on election day than the younger blacks and hispanics who are more likely to vote Democratic.

You want to be able to turn away more rightful voters in the opposition party than are turned away at the ballot box than your own.

IT IS A POLITICAL POINT SHAVING SCHEME.

Don't play stupid and pretend you do not understand that.

I think you are wrong, but I know you are not stupid.
That’s stupid. Pretty much every adult American has a picture ID. How about YOU don’t play stupid. Abject retardation. How you expect any normal person to be swayed by this idiocy is projection at its worst.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Michigan already requires photo ID to vote.

Your survey is a part of Republicans misleading their base to believe otherwise. This is a cover for their new laws leading the public to believe they're shoring up security when in fact they are enacting laws with provisions to overturn election results.

In Ohio, photo ID is required, but if the voter doesn't have one, 2 other forms of ID are required in place of it.

How Republicans plan to steal elections | PoliticalJack.com
So, Michigan is racist...Nice going Whitmer.

Drumcollie

That’s stupid. Pretty much every adult American has a picture ID. How about YOU don’t play stupid. Abject retardation. How you expect any normal person to be swayed by this idiocy is projection at its worst.
It's let's play stupid and whine like a baby lefty policy, cuz they can't be adult about this.

Drumcollie

Yet he finds another one !!!!!

Man you are amazing !

This poll company is even listed as a credible source or even as a licensed pollster

538...lol, I needed a laugh

538 is owned by ABC.

Completely unbiased. Lol!

Drumcollie

It's still a piece of Republicans efforts to use Trump's Big Lie to cast doubt on election results that in 2020 were considered the most secure in our history. That was according to Trump-appointed CISA head.....who Trump promptly fired.
Proof?

What? No? Again?

Drumcollie

Even taking your crummy source at face value..

The majority's opinion doesn't have the ability to restrict people's constitutionally protected right to vote.
You mean the dead people's right to vote, eh?

You can obtain a mail-in application package for an ID card copy by contacting the SOS Special Services Branch.
Renew And Replace ID Cards In Michigan | DMV.com

The real question how stupid do you think your fellow voters are that they can't get state issued I.D.'s?

But you do have a point...If you get your way, I will start in Iowa, then Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio or maybe MD, DE, Pa, NJ, NY, CT, Mass, VT, NH, and Maine. Who is going to know?