• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Instead of spending money on fighting terrorists...

IronFist

Council Member
...and then supporting them why just not to spend more money on fighting cancer? I guess it would be much more profitable for the humanity and the US than wasting billions of dollars on arming militant terrorist groups in the middle east.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
If you're worried about costs, why not just nuke the Middle East and be done with it. We have plenty left over from the Cold War.

...and then supporting them why just not to spend more money on fighting cancer? I guess it would be much more profitable for the humanity and the US than wasting billions of dollars on arming militant terrorist groups in the middle east.
They have the cure for cancer --- It isn't profitable so they don't use it.

Terrorists? Who are the Terrorists?

MaryAnne

Governor
Have any of you seen the report on 9/11 that just came out? Two whole pages!

Our Government is covering up the truth about the connection with Saudi Arabia and the kissing up our Government did because of oil.

It is plain as the nose on your face, the connection of the Bushes with Saudi. Oil and why we are now embroiled in this mess in the Middle East. And the FBI, CIA and all in Government have been lying to us. This is not conspiracy. This is fact.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Have any of you seen the report on 9/11 that just came out? Two whole pages!

Our Government is covering up the truth about the connection with Saudi Arabia and the kissing up our Government did because of oil.

It is plain as the nose on your face, the connection of the Bushes with Saudi. Oil and why we are now embroiled in this mess in the Middle East. And the FBI, CIA and all in Government have been lying to us. This is not conspiracy. This is fact.
I listened to this story on the news this morning. Was there actually anything new in those pages?

MaryAnne

Governor
I listened to this story on the news this morning. Was there actually anything new in those pages?
Two paragraphs. Nothing. A guest on CNN talked about our relationship with the Saudi's and how intertwined they are with the Bush family because of oil.

It was quite an interesting interview.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
No, there really isn't.

Cancer treatment is a gold mine.

Unfortunately, the FDA and it's relationship with big Pharma have the vested interest in keeping the public fat, sick, and medicated.
Agreed cancer treatment is a gold mine, but disagreed on conspiracy theories.

If by treatment, you mean "not a cure", then I disagree. Cancer is indiscriminate. It doesn't care who you are. Rich and powerful people have gotten cancer and died from it. If there was a cure, they would have found it.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Two paragraphs. Nothing. A guest on CNN talked about our relationship with the Saudi's and how intertwined they are with the Bush family because of oil.

It was quite an interesting interview.
Yes, it was, I listened to most of it... Some points I didn't hear pointed out were these.

Declassified CIA 9/11 Reports Hide A Few Eyebrow-Raising Facts

On Friday, the CIA declassified five documents from the period before during and after 9/11, totaling over 600 pages. The documents are heavily redacted, with entire pages missing, and many areas looking more like a game of Mad Libs than a document.

Despite the fact that the CIA performed a document dump on a Friday afternoon, clearly calculated to minimize reporting on it, there doesn’t seem to be any major revelations. There could very well be bombshell information within the documents. If so, it is whited out and the public is likely to never see it.
However, there are a few facts should raise some eyebrows, either at the information not shared, or at the bureaucratic ineptitude involved. The documents paint a picture of bureaucratic strain in 2000 and 2001. The earliest document, from August 2001, shows that prior to 9/11, the Counterterrorist Center (CTC) was a relatively small shop within the CIA that was understaffed, overworked, overloaded with information and suffering from an extremely high turnover rate. While management was sensitive to these issues, they were primarily tasked with tracking bin Laden, and were overwhelmed.
The longest document, the “Office of Inspector General Report on Central Intelligence Agency Accountability Regarding Findings,” shares a couple curious tidbits of information. In the section on covert action, it says that US government officials wanted Osama bin Laden to be killed, wanted the CIA to kill him, thought that the CIA knew that, but didn’t want to have to spell it out for them, because of statutes barring assassination. Those statutes are now a quaint relic of America before the attacks.

http://reverbpress.com/world/declassified-cia-911-reports-hide-eyebrow-raising-facts/

MaryAnne

Governor

If by treatment, you mean "not a cure", then I disagree. Cancer is indiscriminate. It doesn't care who you are. Rich and powerful people have gotten cancer and died from it. If there was a cure, they would have found it.
I have many friends who have survived cancer treatment that would have been impossible 5 years ago. They have survived.

One actually had all his white blood cells removed. The cancer medication was put in his cells,then put back in. It was a 4 hour ordeal each time, but he is still here.

Others had breast cancer, and with each case in a different year, they were drastically improved.

I would never say there is a cure because there are so many kinds, but I would say they are coming very close. All the cases I mentioned are still very much alive.

MaryAnne

Governor
Yes, it was, I listened to most of it... Some points I didn't hear pointed out were these.

Declassified CIA 9/11 Reports Hide A Few Eyebrow-Raising Facts

On Friday, the CIA declassified five documents from the period before during and after 9/11, totaling over 600 pages. The documents are heavily redacted, with entire pages missing, and many areas looking more like a game of Mad Libs than a document.

Despite the fact that the CIA performed a document dump on a Friday afternoon, clearly calculated to minimize reporting on it, there doesn’t seem to be any major revelations. There could very well be bombshell information within the documents. If so, it is whited out and the public is likely to never see it.
However, there are a few facts should raise some eyebrows, either at the information not shared, or at the bureaucratic ineptitude involved. The documents paint a picture of bureaucratic strain in 2000 and 2001. The earliest document, from August 2001, shows that prior to 9/11, the Counterterrorist Center (CTC) was a relatively small shop within the CIA that was understaffed, overworked, overloaded with information and suffering from an extremely high turnover rate. While management was sensitive to these issues, they were primarily tasked with tracking bin Laden, and were overwhelmed.
The longest document, the “Office of Inspector General Report on Central Intelligence Agency Accountability Regarding Findings,” shares a couple curious tidbits of information. In the section on covert action, it says that US government officials wanted Osama bin Laden to be killed, wanted the CIA to kill him, thought that the CIA knew that, but didn’t want to have to spell it out for them, because of statutes barring assassination. Those statutes are now a quaint relic of America before the attacks.

http://reverbpress.com/world/declassified-cia-911-reports-hide-eyebrow-raising-facts/
So much covering up is supposed to be protecting us. But it is not. As Bush said," OK,you have covered your ***." They are still doing that, but facts are leaking out by those who know.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I have many friends who have survived cancer treatment that would have been impossible 5 years ago. They have survived.

One actually had all his white blood cells removed. The cancer medication was put in his cells,then put back in. It was a 4 hour ordeal each time, but he is still here.

Others had breast cancer, and with each case in a different year, they were drastically improved.

I would never say there is a cure because there are so many kinds, but I would say they are coming very close. All the cases I mentioned are still very much alive.
Courts often complain that jurors have unrealistic expectations of forensic sciences because they watch too much Hollywoodized "CSI" shows.

I think the same goes for those who don't understand science, but have bought the hype of companies selling science. It's not that they are hiding cures, it's just that they don't have them.

MaryAnne

Governor
Courts often complain that jurors have unrealistic expectations of forensic sciences because they watch too much Hollywoodized "CSI" shows.

I think the same goes for those who don't understand science, but have bought the hype of companies selling science. It's not that they are hiding cures, it's just that they don't have them.
You are quite right, Max. The best I can give are those I observe. I have lost many to cancer. I just wish many of these treatments for them
But at least it is giving hope now.

There are also many problems with Chemo and Radiation. They affect the heart and other organs.

Research is very important and should not be underfunded.

Lord I sound so Pollyannish. But it is true.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
You are quite right, Max. The best I can give are those I observe. I have lost many to cancer. I just wish many of these treatments for them
But at least it is giving hope now.

There are also many problems with Chemo and Radiation. They affect the heart and other organs.

Research is very important and should not be underfunded.

Lord I sound so Pollyannish. But it is true.
You're not Pollyannish. Pollyanish are those who think "If we'd only drop our defenses, everyone would live in peace". Well, being dead is certainly peaceful.

You're realistic. Yes, there are problems with cancer treatments and research, but that doesn't mean the conspiracy theorists are right (or, unlikely, wrong). My world experience is that most people are good and want to do good. More problems are caused by fear and distrust than anything else.

Consider 9/11. A huge tragedy, but it was done by 19 Muslims in a world of 2 BILLION Muslims. It killed almost 3000 Americans in a country of, at the time, 285 Million. Now we're a nation of 318+ Million and growing larger every day. People worry about these huge events which harm a relatively small group, then completely disregard the everyday danger that most Americans are killed in accidents at home and in car crashes.

we actually know very little about cancer...read the emperor of maladies...it will scare the shiiite out of you.

MaryAnne

Governor
No, there really isn't.

Cancer treatment is a gold mine.

Unfortunately, the FDA and it's relationship with big Pharma have the vested interest in keeping the public fat, sick, and medicated.
Have you lost any one to cancer? I have,6.

The treatments today are saving and prolonging lives over and over again.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Have you lost any one to cancer? I have,6.

The treatments today are saving and prolonging lives over and over again.
Mixed bag here. I know a boat load of cancer survivors. Cousin, sister, great friend, former colleague, etc...

Then, I know a boat land of those that succumbed...Mom, Grandfather, cousin, niece, brother in law...etc...

MaryAnne

Governor
Mixed bag here. I know a boat load of cancer survivors. Cousin, sister, great friend, former colleague, etc...

Then, I know a boat land of those that succumbed...Mom, Grandfather, cousin, niece, brother in law...etc...[/QUOTE\]

Past or present? Most of the ones Lost are past. I am sure they might be helped today. That was my point,the progress ove the last few years. Like daylight and dark.