• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Interesting article on the military

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Deserters are causing issues and are they signs of deeper problems?

When the popular captain of a ship was fired because of his concern for his crew and possible exposure to covid it is clear that there was a problem from the president on down. Didn't the secretary of the navy lose his job over that?

With a carrier in drydock for as long as the George Washington was...and a number of suicides...I have to wonder. My ship was in the yards in San Francisco. It sucked. We were nowhere near any commercial or retail places. It was all industrial. The ship's boilers were down so no heat. We had a berthing barge with too few beds so you just had to look for an empty bed when you got off of your watch. Good luck if you were on midnight to 2am or 2am to 4am. Simply sucked. We were fed boxed lunches for lunch and dinner...no breakfast. If you chose to get an apartment it was out of pocket. No allowance for quarters...no allowance for food.

That was in 1975.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
When the popular captain of a ship was fired because of his concern for his crew and possible exposure to covid it is clear that there was a problem from the president on down. Didn't the secretary of the navy lose his job over that?

With a carrier in drydock for as long as the George Washington was...and a number of suicides...I have to wonder. My ship was in the yards in San Francisco. It sucked. We were nowhere near any commercial or retail places. It was all industrial. The ship's boilers were down so no heat. We had a berthing barge with too few beds so you just had to look for an empty bed when you got off of your watch. Good luck if you were on midnight to 2am or 2am to 4am. Simply sucked. We were fed boxed lunches for lunch and dinner...no breakfast. If you chose to get an apartment it was out of pocket. No allowance for quarters...no allowance for food.

That was in 1975.
You would have never made it in the Jungle!