• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is Anyone In America Worse Than the Insurance Companies ?

protectionist

Governor
There may be some entities worse, but if they are, it's not by much. The level of indecency, greed, and vileness of insurance companies, is hard to beat. These villains have a huge advantage over other types of businesses, in that their product is required by law. The status of selling a product (car insurance) that people have to have, gives insurance companies the power to take advantage of their customers, and flat out rip them off, in a big way.

First, they charge exhorbitant fees for PIP (Personal Injury Protection) in 13 states in America (Florida, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Kansas, North Dakota, Utah, Oregon, and Hawaii). The insurance covers things (ex. medical care) that people are already insured against. To force people to pay for what they don't need or want, is highway robbery.

Secondly, insurance companies have a ludicrous policy of raising rates astronomically, if/when motorists have a "lapse" in their insurance coverage. Well, why shouldn't they have a lapse in coverage, in cases where they don't possess a car for some period of time ? Can you imagine any other industry penalizing you monetarily for not buying their product all the time ? Imagine going to a furniture store and buying a couch. Then, you come back 6 months later to buy a chair, and they charge you very high because (they say) you didn't buy anything from them for 6 months.

Or you leave a health club in March, and come back to it in July, and your membership fee is tripled, because you didn't continuously stay with them. Unbelievable, the audacity of these guys. And the insurance reps will tell it to you as if it had a grain of sense and reason, other than them just sticking it to you, for a much as they can squeeze out of you,

Thirdly, these thieves charge people in low income areas more than richer people in high income areas. This does make some sense economically, since low income areas have higher crime rates, but again it just shows the lack of concern the companies have for their customers, and their total fixation on profit maximization, no matter the hurt or damage they cause.

Perhaps, the impact of this can only be realized by a look at the extremity of the insurance companies' rates.
Less than 2 years ago, I had car insurance on a car I owned, and paid $55/month (that was covering comprehensive, roadside help & rental car). Now, having had an 8 month lapse, and moving to a lower economic zip code, with the same company, for an owned car, I'm quoted $163/month ( a 300% increase). Other quotes I got from other companies were $238/mo, $300/mo., and $517/mo. All of these were the barebones minimum coverage (no comprehensive, roadside, or rental)

As a Republican and Trump supporter, I am no fan of government regulation of business, but this is insane, is far worse than gas pump gouging, and does need government intervention. I asked a number of Republican friends about this, and all of them agreed with me 100%.

protectionist

Governor
Not getting much response to this OP. So all you automobile insurance policy holders are happy with being ripped off for THOUSANDS of $$$$$ in you PIP ? If you don't complain about it, that means you're OK with it.

That's the way your elected representitives see it.

Lance Freeman

Council Member
Not getting much response to this OP. So all you automobile insurance policy holders are happy with being ripped off for THOUSANDS of $$$$$ in you PIP ? If you don't complain about it, that means you're OK with it.

That's the way your elected representatives see it.
You are so right about this, Protectionist. We are all chafing under the insurance boot. No choice. Only a criminal Congress would give the insurance industry a 'Carte Blanche' to plunder the public like that. But no one questions anything in this country; everybody just rolls over and waits for the next scam to hit.

They are making money hand over fist. Just imagine how much all that incessant (24/7) advertising on TV and radio costs, but there is plenty of money to fund it. As far as I can tell, no politician has been grilled about this gross injustice, and no mass media outlet has brought it up for discussion.

protectionist

Governor
You are so right about this, Protectionist. We are all chafing under the insurance boot. No choice. Only a criminal Congress would give the insurance industry a 'Carte Blanche' to plunder the public like that. But no one questions anything in this country; everybody just rolls over and waits for the next scam to hit.

They are making money hand over fist. Just imagine how much all that incessant (24/7) advertising on TV and radio costs, but there is plenty of money to fund it. As far as I can tell, no politician has been grilled about this gross injustice, and no mass media outlet has brought it up for discussion.
There should be price controls on car insurance, because it is government mandated.

The idea that you should have to pay MUCH more, because you had a lapse in your insurance coverage is IDIOCY. I doesn't even look like a valid excuse to jack up rates, yet who is questioning it ?

Lance Freeman

Council Member
There should be price controls on car insurance, because it is government mandated.

The idea that you should have to pay MUCH more, because you had a lapse in your insurance coverage is IDIOCY. I doesn't even look like a valid excuse to jack up rates, yet who is questioning it ?
Now you understand why some people refer to the United States as a Corporatocracy---
Truth is, nobody is looking after the public interest in Washington. In fact, what exists in Washington is not our government at all; it belongs to our rulers (has been since 1913) and does what our rulers tell it to do. Once we understand this reality, everything falls into place.

protectionist

Governor
Now you understand why some people refer to the United States as a Corporatocracy---
Truth is, nobody is looking after the public interest in Washington. In fact, what exists in Washington is not our government at all; it belongs to our rulers (has been since 1913) and does what our rulers tell it to do. Once we understand this reality, everything falls into place.
There is some of that to be sure, but there's some good things too. Insurance companies are not part of the good. Politicians need to get slapped around on this, and why aren't the public victims doing that ? If they did, politicians would respond.

Politicians respond to silence as much as noise. if they hear nothing (from us), they assume we're comfortable.

Lance Freeman

Council Member
There is some of that to be sure, but there's some good things too. Insurance companies are not part of the good. Politicians need to get slapped around on this, and why aren't the public victims doing that ? If they did, politicians would respond.

Politicians respond to silence as much as noise. if they hear nothing (from us), they assume we're comfortable.
People are too busy watching TV and munching on pizza to worry about what Washington is doing---

People are too busy watching TV and munching on pizza to worry about what Washington is doing---
Washington is doing the same Christiananality pedophilia business as usual where those crooks on Capital Hill insure "serve the Pope or die" granting standing for Eisenhower was a mass murderer war criminal by ensuring thieving US Constitution arsonists repeatedly stealing & burning old glorys presented by Ike to Holocaust survivors for business excellence having to pay for that Christian nation interpretation of one nation under God ....