• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is inflation Biden's fault?

Zam-Zam

Senator
Lucky for him and us, he lost fair and square.
Otherwise, we would have Trump, and he would be charged with taming rampant inflation. His solutions usually have a bankruptcy component to them.
That's one possibility.

Another is that we wouldn't have rampant inflation.

We'll never know, we can only speculate.

Back in the world actual provable facts, we know we are in a state of rampant inflation, and that Biden presides over it.

Spamature

President
The speech to text didn't pick that up properly. Average businesses is what I said and meant
They are out right now bragging about earning that come from purely taking advantage of the inflationary environment and raising prices.

Which is probably creating a self reinforcing loop of price increases across the economy.

Nobody would looking for the companies caught up in inflation and being forced to raise prices.

This would be about the companies that raised prices simply to raise profits beyond what they would be made without those price increases.

write on

Senator
Lol. Run away .

You must mean Biden's economic decision to continue the tariffs established by the prior administration?

Uh-oh, there go those pesky facts again. Run away lad run away
Damn, I tried to put you on ignore only to find out that mods can't be put there. :D

I tire of your adolescent behavior knowing that you get off knowing that you can shut me down at anytime for whatever reason you want but you won't elaborate like most adults would via a DM.

But anyway.

1. How did we get here?

2. Do you know how fast a recovery from inflation lasts?

3. What is the criteria for a quick recovery given our economic state today?

Those are just a few questions

Edit: The inflation rate is at 8.5

Spamature

President
That's one possibility.

Another is that we wouldn't have rampant inflation.

We'll never know, we can only speculate.

Back in the world actual provable facts, we know we are in a state of rampant inflation, and that Biden presides over it.
Okay, then explain where that "chance" comes from in regard to Trump being POTUS. What would he have done to prevent this ?
Use those real world provable facts you demand to show any evidence that we would not have inflation. Go ahead an include speculation if you like.

But please give me something to show you are not simply talking out of your rear end.

Spamature

President
Is this the point every which way thread?

What concrete things must this President do to curb inflation? Are there any concrete things this President can do to curb inflation? Seemingly all were able to do is hand out money.
I have stated that twice,"I think" in the thread.

You have to slow the economy and hope you don't over do it.
That is the job the Fed was created to do.

Balance employment and inflation.
7 million jobs in 14 months is crazy high job creation.
You can't have this kind of job creation and without inflation.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Okay, then explain where that "chance" comes from in regard to Trump being POTUS. What would he have done to prevent this ?
Use those real world provable facts you demand to show any evidence that we would not have inflation. Go ahead an include speculation if you like.

But please give me something to show you are not simply talking out of your rear end.
I like facts.

Here are some facts:

The annual inflation rate for the United States is 8.3% for the 12 months ended April 2022 after rising 8.5% previously, according to U.S. Labor Department data published May 11. The next inflation update is scheduled for release on June 10 at 8:30 a.m. ET. It will offer the rate of inflation over the 12 months ended May 2022.

Current US Inflation Rates: 2000-2022 | US Inflation Calculator

I'll stick with facts. You do whatever it is you do.

Spamature

President
I like facts.

Here are some facts:

The annual inflation rate for the United States is 8.3% for the 12 months ended April 2022 after rising 8.5% previously, according to U.S. Labor Department data published May 11. The next inflation update is scheduled for release on June 10 at 8:30 a.m. ET. It will offer the rate of inflation over the 12 months ended May 2022.

Well, you can stick this up your facts recepticle .

Jobs created on Biden watch :

1652925107666.png

You can't have crazy high job creation like that without inflation.

Excuse me, where do I drop the mic ?

write on

Senator
I like facts.

Here are some facts:

And?

Biden has yet to reach the two year mark in his presidency and wingers have already called it a failure.

The same way they do with elections. Before the vote is counted, they cry voter fraud.

Casting doubt is very effective on the rural ignorant.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
They are out right now bragging about earning that come from purely taking advantage of the inflationary environment and raising prices.

Which is probably creating a self reinforcing loop of price increases across the economy.

Nobody would looking for the companies caught up in inflation and being forced to raise prices.

This would be about the companies that raised prices simply to raise profits beyond what they would be made without those price increases.
Don’t ya just hate it when companies magically flip the “greed” switch only when Democrats need an excuse to dodge accountability? None of those companies were universally proclaimed by lefty to be Greedy McGouge-alot until your DNC gods were in charge…

Spamature

President
Don’t ya just hate it when companies magically flip the “greed” switch only when Democrats need an excuse to dodge accountability? None of those companies were universally proclaimed by lefty to be Greedy McGouge-alot until your DNC gods were in charge…
They don't have to flip it when Republicans are in charge.

Republicans always cut their taxes and then arrange to borrow those tax cuts back from them at interest.

Who needs greed when you have the GOP forcing profit increases on you at the expense of taxpayers.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
They don't have to flip it when Republicans are in charge.

Republicans always cut their taxes and then arrange to borrow those tax cuts back from them at interest.

Who needs greed when you have the GOP forcing profit increases on you at the expense of taxpayers.
Nice work, spambot. Pathetically servile to your Democrat “host of hosts”.

Spamature

President
Nice work, spambot. Pathetically servile to your Democrat “host of hosts”.
You know I am telling the truth.
So I am not the one being pathetic and servile to some hoax ideology.

Cut taxes, borrow the money back and toss it onto the deficit.
You can't name a Republican administration outside of Bush Sr who didn't do that, and your GOP hates him for it to this day.

I guess you folks just hate when someone does the right thing.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

So the average mom and pop business are taking advantage? Link?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, I tried to put you on ignore only to find out that mods can't be put there. :D

I tire of your adolescent behavior knowing that you get off knowing that you can shut me down at anytime for whatever reason you want but you won't elaborate like most adults would via a DM.

But anyway.

1. How did we get here?

2. Do you know how fast a recovery from inflation lasts?

3. What is the criteria for a quick recovery given our economic state today?

Those are just a few questions

Edit: The inflation rate is at 8.5
Yes inflation is 6 basis points higher....over this administration...this one

Finally an answer....after an ocean of dissembling and insults.

Zam-Zam

Senator
And?

Biden has yet to reach the two year mark in his presidency and wingers have already called it a failure.

The same way they do with elections. Before the vote is counted, they cry voter fraud.

Casting doubt is very effective on the rural ignorant.
Call it what you like.

I'll stick with the facts.

Facts seem to annoy many on the left at the moment, hence the strong desire here to change the subject away from them.

Nonetheless, the facts persist. Ignore them if you like, they'll still be there.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Well, you can stick this up your facts recepticle .

Jobs created on Biden watch :

View attachment 70398

You can't have crazy High job creation like that without inflation.

Excuse me, where do I drop the mic ?
Wonderful. You can sell that, if you like. Make sure to tell all that this is Biden's economy, and you think it's awesome.

reason10

Governor
When and what started it?

Should we forget about trump's war on the economy with his tariffs on China goods?

Shhhh
Only an edited thinks anyone but Biden caused this record high inflation.
This has already been discussed in other threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Why, when you can't or won't provide any evidence.
Oil production dropped by 4 million barrels per day in the first quarter of 2020. OPEC had a similar drop. The US production is up to within 1 million per day of production in 2019.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Only an edited thinks anyone but Biden caused this record High inflation.
This has already been discussed in other threads.
only an edited thinks the opinions in those discussions prove Biden is to blame for rising prices.

US oil production is controlled by oil companies...they cut production because of low demand in 2020. They are keeping supply below demand to drive prices up...and you blame Biden.