• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is inflation Biden's fault?

Spamature

President
gas prcs are High, yes. what about all other businesses...?
That kind of gouging contributes to inflation in all those other businesses.
But it isn't the sole reason some of them have raised prices.

Unilever, which owns a staggering number of household brands, reported that while the number of sales dipped slightly across several of its major segments, it was still able to grow profits by raising prices by roughly 4%-5%.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
That kind of gouging contributes to inflation in all those other businesses.
But it isn't the sole reason some of them have raised prices.

anyway.. soon...regular businesses will find themselves severely strained... it wont be gouging, it will be desperation to remain afloat..pay their people..their bills, etc... so lump castingating everybusiness as gougers is improper.

the oil/gas industry is gouging us. that is a proper framing.

Spamature

President
anyway.. soon...regular businesses will find themselves severely strained... it wont be gouging, it will be desperation to remain afloat..pay their people..their bills, etc... so lump castingating everybusiness as gougers is improper.

I didn't say every business was gouging.
But it appears that you are trying to excuse gouging.

write on

Senator

Don't be naive. It most definitely is more businesses other than the energy sector gouging the American people.

They do it, so to say, silently.

Have you ever looked at a food product in plastic that is taller or fatter in size? If you turn the container upside down, you see where the producers have put an indetion in the container while telling you that you get "25% more" ?

This happens all the time, not just on food products.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Don't be naive. It most definitely is more businesses other than the energy sector gouging the American people.

They do it, so to say, silently.

Have you ever looked at a food product in plastic that is taller or fatter in size? If you turn the container upside down, you see where the producers have put an indetion in the container while telling you that you get "25% more" ?

This happens all the time, not just on food products.
yes. it's everywhere...

write on

Senator
yes. it's everywhere...
Just above, you replied to Spamature;

"so lump castingating everybusiness as gougers is improper."

"It's everywhere"

Maybe you should think again about that response, don't you think?

Want to talk about the price of insulin?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Just above, you replied to Spamature;

"so lump castingating everybusiness as gougers is improper."

"It's everywhere"

Maybe you should think again about that response, don't you think?

Want to talk about the price of insulin?
It's everywhere... In response to your deceiving packaging comment

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, here we go. I see it coming. It happens all the time when I ask hard questions.

How am I being deceptive?
I didn't say you were being deceptive. You said food packaging can be deceiving. Do you even remember what you write?

write on

Senator
I didn't say you were being deceptive. You said food packaging can be deceiving. Do you even remember what you write?
You're trying to throw out the facts and context of the d3bat3/conversation

Sheesh!

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You're trying to throw out the facts and context of the d3bat3/conversation

Sheesh!
No. I still confirm inflation is very high under this administration relative to the last

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Will you acknowledge that inflation doesn't happen overnight and could be the end result of legislation/deals make from the previous administration?
Sure. Will you acknowledge that inflation doesn't happen overnight and could be the result of legislation / deals made from the previous administration / and made worse by their continuation by the current administration?

write on

Senator
Sure. Will you acknowledge that inflation doesn't happen overnight and could be the result of legislation / deals made from the previous administration / and made worse by their continuation by the current administration?
Keep in mind that just like high inflation doesn't happen overnight it, also, can't be fixed overnight.

I'm rooting for you!

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind that just like High inflation doesn't happen overnight it, also, can't be fixed overnight.

I'm rooting for you!
That is true. Doesn't change the fact that inflation is up 6 plus points under this administration.

write on

Senator
That is true. Doesn't change the fact that inflation is up 6 plus points under this administration.
No one is disputing that fact.

We're talking about how to rectify the damage done by corporate tax cuts made by the previous administration.

1653074319116.png

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No one is disputing that fact.

We're talking about how to rectify the damage done by corporate tax cuts made by the previous administration.

View attachment 70425
now we're shifted to corporate tax cuts? lol.

ok

higher taxes = less profit = less incentive to increase production = less production = less supply = higher demand = higher demand driving inflation...

=increase inflation pressures.

write on

Senator
now we're shifted to corporate tax cuts? lol.

ok

higher taxes = less profit = less incentive to increase production = less production = less supply = higher demand = higher demand driving inflation...

=increase inflation pressures.
Don't blame me because you either want to hijack or can't keep up with the topic.

My OP and my subsequent replies are in line with what I wrote all through it.

Maybe you should take the same advice you thought you needed to give me in another thread about stopping posting to you if I don't like what you have to say?