• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is Obamacare starting to become popular?

Caroljo

Senator
You can't make something honorable out of something that was created on a lie.
Hidden Source Code in ObamaCare, no reasonable expectation to privacy
If Obamacare goes under, it's the Dems fault for not making sure everything in it was legit. How many people were involved in writing this law? Sounds like those people had no idea how to write a law, or....they knew exactly what they were doing hoping nobody would catch it. Nope....it's all on them. But their lemmings will swear up and down that the Republicans are screwing them. After all the lies told to get this thing passed, now seeing the problems with that law, they're the only ones that CAN be blamed TRUTHFULLY.

JV-12

Mayor
Don't get US news in Scotland.
Obamacare is probably becoming popular the same way soup lines became popular during the depression. The people were given no other choice.

Speaking of news in Scotland, on Monday I perused 7 British newspapers on line including the Times, Telegraph, Mirror, Independent, Morning Star and the Mail. On their front page there were upwards of 4 sports headlines for stories on soccer, cricket, maybe the tour de france? Nothing on the British Open win by McIlroy! So I go to their sports pages instead. Way down the page, in almost all cases, after I see headlines for 10 soccer stories and other minor sports, there is a story on the British Open and McIlroy's win. This is astounding how little regard the U.K. gives to golf, but treats soccer (or futbol) like it is the most intriguing and godly sport that nothing else matters.

Maybe Scotland is different, I did not check any Edinborough papers? But I think it is disgraceful, myself. Yet the British insist we Americans refer to the British Open as "The Open" because it is far more revered in their native lands. Give me a break. You Brits obviously could not care less except to have some phony honor sent your way.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Obamacare is probably becoming popular the same way soup lines became popular during the depression. The people were given no other choice.

Speaking of news in Scotland, on Monday I perused 7 British newspapers on line including the Times, Telegraph, Mirror, Independent, Morning Star and the Mail. On their front page there were upwards of 4 sports headlines for stories on soccer, cricket, maybe the tour de france? Nothing on the British Open win by McIlroy! So I go to their sports pages instead. Way down the page, in almost all cases, after I see headlines for 10 soccer stories and other minor sports, there is a story on the British Open and McIlroy's win. This is astounding how little regard the U.K. gives to golf, but treats soccer (or futbol) like it is the most intriguing and godly sport that nothing else matters.

Maybe Scotland is different, I did not check any Edinborough papers? But I think it is disgraceful, myself. Yet the British insist we Americans refer to the British Open as "The Open" because it is far more revered in their native lands. Give me a break. You Brits obviously could not care less except to have some phony honor sent your way.
They insist we call it The Open Championship because that is the name of the tournament. It is not called The British Open.

It is Americans who "insist" on calling The Open Championship by another name.

Perhaps this is not wholly "American", but we tend to call many things other than what the natives call them. A language quirk, obviously, but why? We say Florence, the name of the city is Firenze. We say Rome, the name of the city is Roma.

JV-12

Mayor
They insist we call it The Open Championship because that is the name of the tournament. It is not called The British Open.

It is Americans who "insist" on calling The Open Championship by another name.

Perhaps this is not wholly "American", but we tend to call many things other than what the natives call them. A language quirk, obviously, but why? We say Florence, the name of the city is Firenze. We say Rome, the name of the city is Roma.
Ok, so it is. Then why did it take them 100 years or more to correct us?

Seriously, all it does is confuse a lot of people who have a medium or passing interest in golf, such as, just tuning in for the majors or when tiger is playing.

And it is not like the term British Open was disrespectful. Then they would have a a more compelling case, imo. I still think the fact they did not even to report on The Open with any deference or respect in any of their newspapers belies their so called importance to its name. I was embarrassed by that.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Ok, so it is. Then why did it take them 100 years or more to correct us?

Seriously, all it does is confuse a lot of people who have a medium or passing interest in golf, such as, just tuning in for the majors or when tiger is playing.

And it is not like the term British Open was disrespectful. Then they would have a a more compelling case, imo. I still think the fact they did not even to report on The Open with any deference or respect in any of their newspapers belies their so called importance to its name. I was embarrassed by that.
I can't comment on the reportage. If it was ignored as you say, that does seem a bit odd.

There is, on the European Tour, an Irish Open, a Northern Irish Open, a Scottish Open...and a Wales Open. There has been, in recent years and intermittently, an English Open as well.

http://www.irishopen.ie/

http://www.niopen.co.uk/

http://www.aamscottishopen.com/

http://www.celtic-manor.com/tickets-isps-handa-wales-open

JV-12

Mayor
I can't comment on the reportage. If it was ignored as you say, that does seem a bit odd.

There is, on the European Tour, an Irish Open, a Northern Irish Open, a Scottish Open...and a Wales Open. There has been, in recent years and intermittently, an English Open as well.

http://www.irishopen.ie/

http://www.niopen.co.uk/

http://www.aamscottishopen.com/

http://www.celtic-manor.com/tickets-isps-handa-wales-open

None of which would confuse any golf fan if we retained name British Open.

But I surely do not want to quarrel with you about this. I happen to love watching European golf tournaments, second only to the LPGA. I love the way the British announcers handle their roles, and the fans as well. It seems a bit more honorable as intended.

I mean, is anything more shameful than having to hear another boisterous idiot yell out "You're the Man!" whenever Tiger or Phil hits a drive? We all cringe.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
None of which would confuse any golf fan if we retained name British Open.

But I surely do not want to quarrel with you about this. I happen to love watching European golf tournaments, second only to the LPGA. I love the way the British announcers handle their roles, and the fans as well. It seems a bit more honorable as intended.

I mean, is anything more shameful than having to hear another boisterous idiot yell out "You're the Man!" whenever Tiger or Phil hits a drive? We all cringe.
Not every discussion is a quarrel. I could see confusion between the English Open and The British Open, were the English to be a ongoing concern.

Yeah...Golf crowds were quieter in the past, that's for certain. Some fairways are quite close to some tees and a yuddaman screech for a golfer on one hole might come in the middle of another's swing 30 yards away on an adjacent fairway. Bad behavior.

Wulk

Mayor
Ok, if you say so.

But judging by you in this thread, it appears the Scottish are of very few words. So how can it have been "well reported?"
I only say what I think is necessary. The big story in the Scottish media, at the moment, is the forthcoming Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
If Obamacare goes under, it's the Dems fault for not making sure everything in it was legit. How many people were involved in writing this law? Sounds like those people had no idea how to write a law, or....they knew exactly what they were doing hoping nobody would catch it. Nope....it's all on them. But their lemmings will swear up and down that the Republicans are screwing them. After all the lies told to get this thing passed, now seeing the problems with that law, they're the only ones that CAN be blamed TRUTHFULLY.
Exactly but you were way to nice in saying that they are a stupid bunch of turds and their supporters.

If the idiotic ruling sticks after appeal and goes to the Supremes and they destroy the ACA because of this insane ruling, then expect the GOP to lose every single election for the next 40 years.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
If the idiotic ruling sticks after appeal and goes to the Supremes and they destroy the ACA because of this insane ruling, then expect the GOP to lose every single election for the next 40 years.
It was the democrats that wrote and signed onto the bill and your wrong the majority of America does not want government mandate healthcare.

It was the democrats that wrote and signed onto the bill and your wrong the majority of America does not want government mandate healthcare.
Baloney. The majority of America already has government mandated healthcare via the tax code which allows your company to provide you with health care at a discount to them. Take away the tax advantage and your health care goes right out the door. You people are so fixated on screwing the other guy it twists you up into knots just trying to keep track of all the people you want to screw over. By the time you guys get done making every one in America a villain, it will be you, a goober with one tooth and banjo and some preacher left standing wondering where everyone went.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Baloney. The majority of America already has government mandated healthcare via the tax code which allows your company to provide you with health care at a discount to them. Take away the tax advantage and your health care goes right out the door. You people are so fixated on screwing the other guy it twists you up into knots just trying to keep track of all the people you want to screw over. By the time you guys get done making every one in America a villain, it will be you, a goober with one tooth and banjo and some preacher left standing wondering where everyone went.
No they do not the majority of American already had healthcare coverage and not because of obamacare those people could care less about obama bullshit law.. Most Americans will not lose their healthcare because they already had coverage and the lose of the tyrannical law will not effect them. So shut the hell up you lying hack.