• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is Shapiro Death Penalty Announcement a "Game Changer" ?

protectionist

Governor
That's an emotional response.

I'm taking the emotion out of the equation and arguing the logic.
It may be emotional to the families, but it is also VERY factual, DOZENS of times over.
John McRae, Dawud Mu'Min, Samuel D. Smith, Chad Allen Lee, Timothy Hancock, Corey R. Barton, Cuhuatemoc Hinricky Peraita, Martsay Bolder, Arthur J. Bomar, Jr, . Arthur Shawcross (The 'Monster of the Rivers') .

Do I have to repost again the grisly details of what these already convicted & imprisoned killers did AFTER they were imprisoned ? Or add the DOZENS more killers and their cases of ones who killed AGAIN after imprisonment, or is this sample enough to suffice to show the RISK of bypassing the death penalty ?

Last edited:

Zam-Zam

Senator
It may be emotional to the families, but it is also VERY factual, DOZENS of times over.
John McRae, Dawud Mu'Min, Samuel D. Smith, Chad Allen Lee, Timothy Hancock, Corey R. Barton, Cuhuatemoc Hinricky Peraita, Martsay Bolder, Arthur J. Bomar, Jr, . Arthur Shawcross (The 'Monster of the Rivers') .

Do I have to repost again the grisly details of what these already convicted & imprisoned killers did AFTER they were imprisoned ? Or add the DOZENS more killers and their cases of ones who killed AGAIN after imprisonment, or is this sample enough to suffice to show the RISK of bypassing the death penalty ?
Again, those are emotional responses.

We disagree. That's okay, as far as I'm concerned.

protectionist

Governor
Again, those are emotional responses.

We disagree. That's okay, as far as I'm concerned.
A list of killers who killed again after being imprisoned, has nothing to do with emotion. It is pure FACT.

I don't think our disagreement is OK. As long as killers are alive, we all are at RISK, some more than others, but the risk does reach all of us.

Zam-Zam

Senator
A list of killers who killed again after being imprisoned, has nothing to do with emotion. It is pure FACT.

I don't think our disagreement is OK. As long as killers are alive, we all are at RISK, some more than others, but the risk does reach all of us.
We see it differently. I do not believe you can effectively fight hate with more hate, you only can serve to expand it.

And it is okay to disagree. This is America.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
We see it differently. I do not believe you can effectively fight hate with more hate, you only can serve to expand it.

have you ever watched a dog chase his own tail............very similar to me

Boltlady

Mayor
You're asking a question > ("If we as a society insist murder is wrong and immoral, how can we justify state-sponsored murder?"), that was answered 13 times, in 10 posts in this thread (Post #s 3-12).
You certainly made the case. It's obvious that murderous tendencies may even be part of one's DNA. That seems to be something that science could prove and would show that redemption would not be feasible in those people. In those cases the only way to remove the death penalty would be to put them in absolute solitary confinement for the rest of their lives.

Execution would not be a means of revenge in some of the cases. It would be a means of protecting any possible future victims.

Boltlady

Mayor

Removing a danger from society is not necessarily an example of hate. It's more an example of caring for those who will not becomes victims after that removal.

protectionist

Governor
Removing a danger from society is not necessarily an example of hate. It's more an example of caring for those who will not becomes victims after that removal.
I think they undertand that. I don't see how they couldn't. Problem is, their marching orders tell them to oppose the death penalty, and like good programmed robots, they do as they're told.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I think they undertand that. I don't see how they couldn't. Problem is, their marching orders tell them to oppose the death penalty, and like good programmed robots, they do as they're told.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Bertrand Russell

If I was programmed, as you insist, perhaps it occurred during war when I witnessed death up close. I have no doubt it had an effect on me and how I view violent, premature death. We are all the product of our cumulative life's experiences.

I do not expect you to understand this. You seem to be of a mind that there can only be one correct way to see things, and it is always your way and no other.

protectionist

Governor
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Bertrand Russell

If I was programmed, as you insist, perhaps it occurred during war when I witnessed death up close. I have no doubt it had an effect on me and how I view violent, premature death. We are all the product of our cumulative life's experiences.

I do not expect you to understand this. You seem to be of a mind that there can only be one correct way to see things, and it is always your way and no other.
I simply see a balance scale. On one side is one death of one person (a convicted killer). One the other side, is all the people who that killer may kill, if he goes on living. Then I think about the RISK.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I simply see a balance scale. On one side is one death of one person (a convicted killer). One the other side, is all the people who that killer may kill, if he goes on living. Then I think about the RISK.
Everything in life involves risk.

Prison escapes happen, but they are rare.

protectionist

Governor
Everything in life involves risk.

Prison escapes happen, but they are rare.
Prison escapes are a minority of the cases where imprisoned killers killed again. Read through this whole list, and you will find DOZENS of cases where imprisoned killers killed again INSIDE THE PRISON > guards, prison employees, and other inmates.

Also are many cases where convicted killers were paroled, only to kill again.

EatTheRich

President
Prison escapes are a minority of the cases where imprisoned killers killed again. Read through this whole list, and you will find DOZENS of cases where imprisoned killers killed again INSIDE THE PRISON > guards, prison employees, and other inmates.

Also are many cases where convicted killers were paroled, only to kill again.
People on death row are even more likely to do that, since they have nothing to lose. Same with people on the run from police … they are more likely to kill again if they know they will face the death penalty anyway. The execution of the innocent isn’t an unfortunate by-product of executing the guilty … it is the main reason for the death penalty, which is used to terrorize dissidents into keeping their mouths shut.