• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is there a new, more efficient type of engine coming?

NightSwimmer

Senator
Looks like an innovative variation on the wankel design. Maybe they can overcome the wear and lubrication issues. Mazda never could.

fairsheet

Senator
One thing I've gotta call bullshit on, is the claim that it can reduce fuel consumption by 75% AND reduce greehouse gas emissions by 90%. I'm not seeing how it can reduce the latter by more than the former.

Anyway.....this technology confronts the same issue any new tech would, as compared to piston-tech. Piston tech - having been around as long as it has, has achieved a level of reliability that no new tech can hope to match - at least at the outset. Consumers have come to expect and demand a certain level of reliability/longevity and it's difficult to convince a mass market to be guinea pigs.

BrianDamage

Council Member
One thing I've gotta call bullshit on, is the claim that it can reduce fuel consumption by 75% AND reduce greehouse gas emissions by 90%. I'm not seeing how it can reduce the latter by more than the former.

Anyway.....this technology confronts the same issue any new tech would, as compared to piston-tech. Piston tech - having been around as long as it has, has achieved a level of reliability that no new tech can hope to match - at least at the outset. Consumers have come to expect and demand a certain level of reliability/longevity and it's difficult to convince a mass market to be guinea pigs.
Actually, I had that same thought about emissions and efficiency. I won't say that it can never be done, but I can't see how you'd manage it.