• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Israel vs. The Middle East: Chicken and Egg. Unless you remember history.

Schrodinger's Platypus

Radical Constitutional Extremist
“A theocratic culture”? You just got done explaining how the caliphate was the creation of British imperialism. And it takes a lot of gall to say European imperialism had to address “Muslim Theocratic Culture” supposedly wanting to kill all the Jews when it had only been a few years since the USSR stopped a Christian country from slaughtering the Jews wholesale. A Christian country much more powerful, btw, than any Middle Eastern state would have been. Like any religious or political movement, political Islam gets its social force from class struggle. The thing that does more than anything else to both undermine it and channel its remaining force in constructive directions is successful working-class struggle. Hence the largely peaceful integration of (oil-rich) Soviet Azerbaijan with Soviet Russia under the auspices of the Congress of the Peoples of the East despite the furious resistance of the holding companies.
Copy/paste where I said that. Just wow.

I believe Muhammad created the caliphate.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It's amazing and sad to see the left support the entirely immoral and murderous regimes of Iran and Hamas.

Let's compare
Israel
- calls the buildings they bomb so civilians can be evacuated
- Aims for only active hamas terrorists
- uses military installations for their attacks
- has Iron Dome to protect its people

Hamas/Iran
- bombs civilian schools, buildings, etc. without warning, and doesn't care that it's killing women, children, etc.
- uses schools and hospitals to base their attacks from
- Doesn't attempt to protect it's own people, and even kills them by failed missiles from the Gaza strip

.. Democrats support Hamas and Iran. Look at the moral difference and just think about that. Shame on Biden and the Democrats.
1. Who is supporting Iran? In fact the Iranians were in compliance with the agreement and inspectors verified that they were not enriching uranium past an agreed minimum.
Trump canceled that deal and the Iranians started enriching to 60%...close to weapons grade. Good job, Donnie. Farging idiot.
2. Hamas is the government of the Palestinians. Gaza is basically subject to a blockade that maintains a state of poverty for the population there. We should be attempting to be an honest broker to settle the disputes...instead Trump decided that they were evil, as you have, and tips the process to the Israelis.

Do you even pay attention to how this started? Why did the Israelis try to clear the thousands of Muslims from the Al Aqsa mosque while they were celebrating the end of Ramadan? I still have not hear why they felt that was a good idea. Then there is also the court case involving the confiscation of Palestinian homes to be given to Jewish settlers....

It is important to realize the roots of the conflict if we want peace. Neither side is blameless.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
As if your version would be correct, and then it isn't. How good was Carter's peace deal?
When was the last time the Egyptian army went to war against Israel?

I'd say Carter's peace deal has held since then and saved thousands of lives.

EatTheRich

President
Copy/paste where I said that. Just wow.

I believe Muhammad created the caliphate.
"And so when T.E. Lawrence (of Arabia) followed British orders and went to the ME to foment an uprising he was met with a very willing Arab population who loved the idea and promise of an Arab caliphate once the damn Turks were beaten in World War I. "

Schrodinger's Platypus

"And so when T.E. Lawrence (of Arabia) followed British orders and went to the ME to foment an uprising he was met with a very willing Arab population who loved the idea and promise of an Arab caliphate once the damn Turks were beaten in World War I. "
“Promise” does not equal “create.” Stop wasting everyone’s time.

Schrodinger's Platypus

1. Who is supporting Iran? In fact the Iranians were in compliance with the agreement and inspectors verified that they were not enriching uranium past an agreed minimum.
Trump canceled that deal and the Iranians started enriching to 60%...close to weapons grade. Good job, Donnie. Farging idiot.
2. Hamas is the government of the Palestinians. Gaza is basically subject to a blockade that maintains a state of poverty for the population there. We should be attempting to be an honest broker to settle the disputes...instead Trump decided that they were evil, as you have, and tips the process to the Israelis.

Do you even pay attention to how this started? Why did the Israelis try to clear the thousands of Muslims from the Al Aqsa mosque while they were celebrating the end of Ramadan? I still have not hear why they felt that was a good idea. Then there is also the court case involving the confiscation of Palestinian homes to be given to Jewish settlers....

It is important to realize the roots of the conflict if we want peace. Neither side is blameless.
You now know the roots of the conflict. Blame the hell out of Islam for remaining stuck in the Medieval ages. Shit! Even the Catholic Church has grown up and matured since then! Why can’t Islam?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You now know the roots of the conflict. Blame the hell out of Islam for remaining stuck in the Medieval ages. Shit! Even the Catholic Church has grown up and matured since then! Why can’t Islam?
This is going way off topic, but since you brought up how the Catholic church has matured...are you completely unaware of the scandals plaguing the catholic church world wide? Watch the movie "Spotlight" some time...good movie and very accurate portrayal of pedophilia as practiced within the clergy and hidden by the top officials of the church.

Of course one could point to the "troubles" in Ireland between catholics and protestants. How about the very strange practice of self-flaggelation by some of the more enlightened catholic orders.

The fact is that organized religions all have their faults and Islam is hardly organized.
I see many who take advantage of the poorly educated among those of the Muslim faith, much as illiteracy in Europe was an advantage of those who did their best to prevent translation of the bible in the middle ages to allow them to interpret the bible to their own ends.

Schrodinger's Platypus

This is going way off topic, but since you brought up how the Catholic church has matured...are you completely unaware of the scandals plaguing the catholic church world wide? Watch the movie "Spotlight" some time...good movie and very accurate portrayal of pedophilia as practiced within the clergy and hidden by the top officials of the church.

Of course one could point to the "troubles" in Ireland between catholics and protestants. How about the very strange practice of self-flaggelation by some of the more enlightened catholic orders.

The fact is that organized religions all have their faults and Islam is hardly organized.
I see many who take advantage of the poorly educated among those of the Muslim faith, much as illiteracy in Europe was an advantage of those who did their best to prevent translation of the bible in the middle ages to allow them to interpret the bible to their own ends.
Yeah. You’re right. Way off topic.