• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

It's nice when..........................

Gramps

Mayor
you've been on board a ship long enough to know where the life boats are. That is kind'a like signing in to PJ's. You become a member of the regular crew only to discover it's not much different that the crew of your last ship that sank to the bottom.

It's been a mere three months and already I know who to read if I'm pressed for time and who to skip over. It's not a matter of fairness it's a matter of squandering time to pour over redundant script that repeats itself and repeats itself and repeats itself.

Now, your first inkling might be that I'm biased in my selection but that just isn't the case There are a half dozen rightwingers I read on a regular basis, not because I like their politics but because they try, at least, to stay civil except for a barb here and a dig there which is acceptable in my playbook.

There's some others I read, time allowing, and yet quite a few I've more, or less, scratched off the list as being worthy of my time.

The same goes for some leftwingers who take a beligerent approach to debate. I just don't like name callers no matter what their political stripes. I don't like those to take a crumb and try to reconstruct a loaf of bread to change the meaning of what the original recipe was about.

You can fire back and say "who cares what you think?" and that's fine with me but we both know down deep you DO care or you wouldn't spend hours at the keyboard of this plaything we all adore.

Popularity contests are for high school sweethearts where the only thing at stake is a reputation among childhood peers. This is the real world of adult behavior; you know, the traits we insist our elected officials adhere to that we ignore while supporting them. We insist on honesty but oftentimes cross the line to make a point. We insist on full disclosure of their assets and histories but never bother to offer our own in exchange. We cling to old fashioned political themes that fell along the wayside years ago, like the term "liberal" and "conservative", pretending to be one or the other when there is no longer one or the other. WE make false accusations about our foes then tell them "if the shoe fits, wear it" when our own shoes are pinching our toes because of those we stand by who've forsaken us.

I'm a busy man. I am fine tuning my last literary composition, a terrible task for a writer who knows better than to edit his own work. It's a tale about a wheat-belt town that is abruptly turned upside down because of a child's cold-blooded murder. This peaceful community turned against itself and before the nightmare was over wives distrusted hubbies, neighbors suspected neighbors and the local sheriff, an inept lawman whose experience in his profession was limited to minor offenses, went through some on-he-job-training that cost a man his life. I didn't have a lot of trouble with a plot. I just looked around and focused on "indifferences" as I observe them on boards such as these and "Bingo" I had a winner. By the way, that town never recovered from its self-inflicted wounds. The title: Where does the sun go after it sets?" Gosh, I hope this nation can heal its wounds to see another sunrise.

Gramps

Cicero

Mayor
Well written. I'll give you a star for this. I'll wait until your next post crosses the line -- as they usually do -- before I bust your chops again.

MaryAnne

Governor
I will be waiting on that book,Gramps. Your abilty to see both sides and enjoy tells me you will never quite learning.