• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

January 6 - the nation’s turning point

Bugsy McGurk

President
In the immediate aftermath of the murderous rampage orchestrated by Trump, senior members of Congress said the right things. They vocally criticized Trump in the strongest terms. They justly blamed Trump for the attack. Shucks, even Trump’s most loyal fluffer, Lindsay Graham, basically said “enough is enough” - he said he was done with enabling Trump’s insanity.

If that’s how things ended, the January 6 insurrection, as horrifying as it was, could have been a positive turning point for the nation. It could have been the day the GOP leaders finally rejected the insanity Trump has visited upon the nation.

Alas, that was not to be. Within a matter of days, those same leaders did a 180 and returned to praising Trump. They even went to Mar-a-Lago to kneel down and kiss his ring. And where do they stand now? Well, their position is that GOP leaders must accept Trump’s Big Lie about the election, and they must support his actions that brought about the January 6 insurrection. They DEMAND that Republicans help Trump cast doubt on the election in which Trump got trounced. And if Americans can’t trust the election system, America as we knew it is dead. Tragically, GOP leaders are fine with that. Their support for Trump and their own re-elections is more important to them than the values of the nation.

Sad, right? January 6 could have been a positive turning point at which Trump madness was finally rejected. Instead, that madness has been cemented in the USA. Trump killed America, and GOP leaders helped him do it. So deplorable.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
In the immediate aftermath of the murderous rampage orchestrated by Trump, senior members of Congress said the right things. They vocally criticized Trump in the strongest terms. They justly blamed Trump for the attack. Shucks, even Trump’s most loyal fluffer, Lindsay Graham, basically said “enough is enough” - he said he was done with enabling Trump’s insanity.

If that’s how things ended, the January 6 insurrection, as horrifying as it was, could have been a positive turning point for the nation. It could have been the day the GOP leaders finally rejected the insanity Trump has visited upon the nation.

Alas, that was not to be. Within a matter of days, those same leaders did a 180 and returned to praising Trump. They even went to Mar-a-Lago to kneel down and kiss his ring. And where do they stand now? Well, their position is that GOP leaders must accept Trump’s Big Lie about the election, and they must support his actions that brought about the January 6 insurrection. They DEMAND that Republicans help Trump cast doubt on the election in which Trump got trounced. And if Americans can’t trust the election system, America as we knew it is dead. Tragically, GOP leaders are fine with that. Their support for Trump and their own re-elections is more important to them than the values of the nation.

Sad, right? January 6 could have been a positive turning point at which Trump madness was finally rejected. Instead, that madness has been cemented in the USA. Trump killed America, and GOP leaders helped him do it. So deplorable.
And if they fail at the revisionism just like they failed on 11/3/20 and 1/6/21, they'll act like the revisionism never happened. They have no conscience.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
You suggesting Biden will destroy the nation by next January?

Plausible. Cuz what else could you suggest?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

Trump lost the Senate and Presidency in 2020 and Graham thinks GOPs can't win without him. Lol!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
My Trump-loving rightwing newspaper slipped this into an opinion piece.

"If, to be a Republican, I have to embrace the big lie that the 2020 presidential election was stolen and excuse the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and Donald Trump’s role in inciting it, I say no thanks."

I found this encouraging.

Bugsy McGurk

President
My Trump-loving rightwing newspaper slipped this into an opinion piece.

"If, to be a Republican, I have to embrace the big lie that the 2020 presidential election was stolen and excuse the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and Donald Trump’s role in inciting it, I say no thanks."

I found this encouraging.
Sadly, very few Republicans seem to feel that way. Most of them, like Lindsay Graham, say the only question is what best helps the GOP “win.” If “winning” means supporting the Big Lie and Trump’s insurrection, so be it. They must know how much it harms the country to tell gullible people that the election was “stolen,” but they just don’t care. The GOP cult is far more important to them than the country is. Literally.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Trump lost the Senate and Presidency in 2020 and Graham thinks GOPs can't win without him. Lol!
The GREATEST LOSER taught them how ( not) to win - that is the mantra of the cult members in congress and the senate !

Lightbritches Lindsey - I am against him, he will be a disaster for the party, he is a liar to...............we had a great time and a special bonding session - we can't win without him

Lindsey Graham praises Joe Biden and calls Donald Trump a 'race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot' in new ad

'You know how you make America great again? Tell Donald Trump to go to hell'

Lindsey Graham praises Joe Biden and calls Donald Trump a 'race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot' in new ad | The Independent | The Independent