• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Je me souviens Quebec

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
JE ME SOUVIENS QUEBEC

Je me souviens Quebec, I will remember
From the early days, the days of youth
when I first loved life, and friends
and truth

For your gentle heartbeat, welcome, warm
beckoned stranger there
To fall in love, or perhaps to dream
of a girl (or was she just a vision seen)
who made the heart and time stand still
and the earth to move against its will
When sharing glance and summer air
as shoulders touched in market square
A girl with beauty, sweet and fair
and a yellow ribbon in her auburn hair

In latter days, in my time's descent
recalling lives and loves now spent
A magic city, magic still
A shining city on a hill
That touched the heart, and touched the soul
and carried me away without my consent

The gentle place you keep inside
where tender longings still abide;
As I yearn for friends and days gone by
and for visions seen that bless the eye
and return before the memories die

©Jack Dallas 1994
http://adventures-in-time.blogspot.com/2007/12/je-me-souviens-quebec.html

There have been 2 movies (2002 and 2009) with the title: "Je me souviens". (I will remember, as you translate in each beginning line). This poem flows smoothly, something I struggle with composing my own poetry. Mine seem awkward and clumsy compared to your flow. You must have had a good time in Quebec.

Actually, this would make a good song.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
There have been 2 movies (2002 and 2009) with the title: "Je me souviens". (I will remember, as you translate in each beginning line). This poem flows smoothly, something I struggle with composing my own poetry. Mine seem awkward and clumsy compared to your flow. You must have had a good time in Quebec.
Actually, this would make a good song.
I've been there three times. I was stationed at NAS Brunswick, in Maine and made the trip up to Quebec the first time with a friend and his wife. I fell in love with the place and went back for a weekend twice.
On the first trip I backed into someone in a crowded square and when I turned around there was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen up until that time. She rambled off some stuff in French and by the time I regained consciousness and was able to speak, she had walked off.
I wrote the poem about her thirty years later. I've never been back to Quebec but I still plan to go one more time before I sign off.

degsme

Council Member
She rambled off some stuff in French and by the time I regained consciousness and was able to speak, she had walked off.
Lucky for you. The worldlinesss of a Texas Redneck would have just overwhelmed her senses and you would have ended up having to marry her... after all, Texans are known for their endearing manner.

gabriel

Governor
i have already sent the PQ party a collection of your posts and they assure me they look forward to greeting you in an appropriate fashion.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Lucky for you. The worldlinesss of a Texas Redneck would have just overwhelmed her senses and you would have ended up having to marry her... after all, Texans are known for their endearing manner.
Had she been able to speak Spanish, I would be married to her today and probably living in Quebec.

gabriel

Governor
lol! the chance of an inhabitant of the most left leaning province in canada even agreeing to be seen within 100 meters of someone with your political peculiarities is non existant.

gabriel

Governor
jack, jack, weve seen your photos from that era! if she was as gorgeous as you claim, you would have been rejected before you opened your yap. and a quebecoise aint gonna immediately marry some poverty stricken private in some pseudo military unit on the strength of his bs pickup line.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
jack, jack, weve seen your photos from that era! if she was as gorgeous as you claim, you would have been rejected before you opened your yap. and a quebecoise aint gonna immediately marry some poverty stricken private in some pseudo military unit on the strength of his bs pickup line.
This assessment is most likely based on your personal experiences. I never suffered with the inadequacies that have shaped your existence.
And they don't have Privates in the Navy. I was an Aviation Electrician 3rd Class.

gabriel

Governor
it dont matter what label you were best described by, i can guarantee you that little guylaine woulda seen nothin interesting.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
it dont (doesn't) matter what label you were best described by, i can guarantee you that little guylaine woulda seen nothin interesting.
If you are going to insult me, at least use proper grammar. And you call me a redneck, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

gabriel

Governor
i did? got a link? and i didnt insult you jack, i merely pointed out the obvious: you had absolutely nothing of any interest for a young beautiful quebecoise. you would have married her?? dont kid yourself.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
i did? got a link? and i didnt insult you jack, i merely pointed out the obvious: you had absolutely nothing of any interest for a young beautiful quebecoise. you would have married her?? dont kid yourself.
Again you tend to speculate about others based on your own inadequacies. I might have merely taken her down for the count and then tossed her aside.

gabriel

Governor
you wouldnt even have got into the ring jack. weve seen your picture and read your words. stick to inbred, toothless hillbillies.