• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

JFK Assassination 50th Anniversary: What do you think happened?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
With the 50th anniversary coming up of this event, I'm pushing some discussion..
I have plenty to discuss and contribute (I don't have tons of time at the moment) but for starters, I'm curious as to what you think... who did it, and why?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Okay, let's pick this up..

Does anyone here still believe the "people are always wanting a conspiracy and can't accept that some lone guy did it" rationale?

From the evidence, it appears impossible that there was only one shooter. Meanwhile, the government itself admitted that there is a probable conspiracy (the justice department hasn't done jack for 20 years to act on such a claim, big surprise)

Jen

Senator
With the 50th anniversary coming up of this event, I'm pushing some discussion..
I have plenty to discuss and contribute (I don't have tons of time at the moment) but for starters, I'm curious as to what you think... who did it, and why?
I do not think it was one shooter.
There are several theories of "who" did it. The Mafia? LBJ? I don't have a theory on that. But I have always believed the evidence shows that there were at least 2 shooters. And that means there was a conspiracy. Maybe now after 50 years information previously hidden will start to come out.

What do you think?

Why was Jackie crawling on the back of the car picking up pieces of her husband? The bullet came out of the back of his head.............. so it went in ?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Here is one coincidence that one cannot possibly overlook...

Oswald is positioned in the Texas Book Depository on Elm. Meanwhile, the motorcade route was scheduled to not pass it at all. It was a last minute change to direct the motorcade to Elm Street, which is where it all happened.

If Oswald had planned this for months WITHOUT help from the inside, he wouldn't have gotten the job at the Book Depository, because the motorcade wasn't scheduled to go by it.

Meanwhile, the fact that his perch was IN that building, and the motorcade was mysteriously fed right to him, requires one to either cling to the lone gunman theory amidst astronomical odds, or address some common sense.

fairsheet

Senator
It's impossible, by virtue of humans being humans, for a "conspiracy" of the scale necessary to've pulled this off, to've been kept quiet lo these 50 years.

Just for fun though, I just watched a fascinating recreation juxtaposing the Zapruder film and the physical evidence, with modern day computer/video technology. The conclusion from that particular study is that the official story, is the only way it COULD have gone down!

I do not think it was one shooter.
There are several theories of "who" did it. The Mafia? LBJ? I don't have a theory on that. But I have always believed the evidence shows that there were at least 2 shooters. And that means there was a conspiracy. Maybe now after 50 years information previously hidden will start to come out.

What do you think?
In a way does it matter who actually pulled the trigger? There definatly was a cover up of some sort, why there was could be for any reason from it actually having been a Secret Service man as some say orrr the driver as other say ....... a shooter in the drain .ect ect ect.

His body was whisked away, the autopsy results were messed with as the autopsy photos were, he was covered in wax which covered up the wounds, his brain was taken away ................ the Warren report was a f'uck up with witnesses not being called ect .................. Or was it a cover up simply of neglect?

But who ordered it? That is the question isn't it?

Follow the money eh? Whose money pot was he about to upset? Who was Jackie so afraid of she had to run to the Greek Mafia for protection ?

trapdoor

Governor
I don't know who, or why, it was done.

I suspect, however, that Lee Oswald wasn't a single shooter. There are too many bullet holes to account for.

According to the Warren Commission, three shots were fired, all from Oswald's rifle. The first was said to have clipped a tree. The second was the "magic bullet" that traveled through Kennedy, through Connally, and ultimately was found on Connally's stretcher (having broken his ribs, his wrist and then bounced into his thigh).

The third was the "kill shot" that struck Kennedy in the back of the head.

All well and good, save for the fact that it doesn't account for all of the bullet damage. Photos in evidence in the WC report show a crack on the inside of the limo's windshield. A pedestrian near the triple overpass was also hit by a bullet fragment.

According to Vincent Bugliosi's huge tome on the assassination, both the windshield ding and the scratched pedestrian came from fragments from the kill shot.

Bugliosi is a poor ballistician, in my view. As someone with a pretty advanced knowledge of firearms, I can pretty much state that among the bullets in a single box of bullets, all bullets pretty much share the same properties. That is to say, they're nearly identical and perform in nearly identical ways.

To accept the WC report we have to believe that a bullet went through Kennedy's neck, essentially spun, or "yawed" or "buzzed" through Connally causing all his wounds, and then ended up, only slightly flattened laterally, on Conally's stretcher. The very next round from the same rifle and from the same box of shells supposedly hit Kennedy, and instead of displaying the incredible strength and integrity of the first bullet, it essentially exploded. It caused the massive head wound to Kennedy, and dispersed into fragments large and fast enough to chip a car windshield and to travel 50 yards further down range to break skin on a person's face.

All of this is unlikely enough, but then there's the testimony of the doctors at Parkland Hospital, who described a bullet wound "approximately 5 mm in diameter" where they placed the tracheotomy. The Warren Commission/Bugliosi both state that this wound was caused by yet another fragment from the kill shot (it isn't accounted for by the other wounds).

In short there's just plain too many holes for the number of rounds fired. Something other than LHO acting alone had to be going on.

Last edited:

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Mr. Friscus

Lee Harvey Oswald shot him from the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Repository. Forensics showed that all bullets came from that direction and that only three shots were fired.

Corruptbuddha

Governor

I think a nut-case named Oswald killed the POTUS with a couple of lucky shots from an antique rifle.

He in turn was gunned down by a rabid fan of the president.

Case closed.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Too many bullet holes for that -- and in 1962 the rifle wasn't an antique.
Don't buy the conspiracy for a second.

We don't know that the crack was caused by a bullet, nor that the curb was hit by a bullet.

It is supposed as well because we have no bullet fragments.

trapdoor

Governor
Don't buy the conspiracy for a second.

We don't know that the crack was caused by a bullet, nor that the curb was hit by a bullet.

It is supposed as well because we have no bullet fragments.
At the very least, we know the Warren Commission was wrong. We know there was no crack in the windshield of the presidential limo before the shooting. We know Kennedy had a wound at the notch of his neck that can't be accounted for via the head shot (it's too high) or the "magic" bullet (it didn't break up). Where did that wound come from?

Wherever the third bullet hit, it wasn't inside the car or it would have been accounted for. Apparently it hit the ground behind the car after being deflected by a tree.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
How do we know the crack wasn't there before the shooting? Couldn't it have occurred like billions of others over the years? A thrown up rock?

And your position on the bullet not breaking up is wishful thinking at best. Like you, I have been shooting all my life. And I have seen bullets come apart like they were made of glass. This is why ammo makes have QA checks on each and every lot.

I just don't see anything wrong with the final decision of the WC.

Read Posner's book on the subject.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Closed-Gerald-Posner/product-reviews/1400034620/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

JFK was killed by a crazy-man who got lucky.

And....he wasn't the first, the last...or even the craziest in our history.

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment/american-historys-craziest-assassins.html

Not to mention that JFK wasn't even LHO first assassination attempt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Walker

Sorry, Trap...sometimes things are EXACTLY what they look like.

trapdoor

Governor
How do we know the crack wasn't there before the shooting? Couldn't it have occurred like billions of others over the years? A thrown up rock?
Well, it's documented in the Warren Commission report as having been caused by a bullet fragment. This is the president's limo, not your neighbor's SUV -- it doesn't have cracks before events. And it couldn't have been caused by a thrown-up rock because it's on the IN side of the windshield.

And your position on the bullet not breaking up is wishful thinking at best. Like you, I have been shooting all my life. And I have seen bullets come apart like they were made of glass. This is why ammo makes have QA checks on each and every lot.
No, it comes from years of study of firearms and ammunition that you don't have. There's no way that two bullets from the same batch would show such divergent performance. Either both would have broken up or neither would.

I just don't see anything wrong with the final decision of the WC.
You don't understand the science of firearms.

I read it in a review copy when it first came out -- it was bunk then and it's bunk now. Posner's firearms knowledge could be written on the inside of matchbook with a crayola.
Sorry, Trap...sometimes things are EXACTLY what they look like.
I agree -- and to anyone who really knows guns it looks like there are too many bullet holes.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
No, it comes from years of study of firearms and ammunition that you don't have. There's no way that two bullets from the same batch would show such divergent performance. Either both would have broken up or neither would.

That is absolutely false, Trap and you know it.

I have seen ONE bullet in a box come apart and not a single other round from that batch be bad.

Now we both know that you can NOT make a definitive statement like that.

The manufacture and test procedure TODAY isn't that flawless.

And I would suggest it was no better in 1963.

trapdoor

Governor
That is absolutely false, Trap and you know it.

I have seen ONE bullet in a box come apart and not a single other round from that batch be bad.

Now we both know that you can NOT make a definitive statement like that.

The manufacture and test procedure TODAY isn't that flawless.

And I would suggest it was no better in 1963.
No, I don't "know it." Bullets, especially military bullets, are designed for consistent performance. Based on the 6.5 mm Dutch I used to own (it's a rimmed version of the Carcano) I'd have expected both bullets to perform like the so-called "magic" bullet. The idea that a full-metal jacket bullet fired a the rather modest velocity of the 6.5 would explode is suspicious all by itself, but it is doubly so compared to its stablemate. I wouldn't suggest anything about test procedures -- I would suggest that 6.5 Carcano military ammo like Oswald was supposed to have used was extremely heavily jacketed and unlikely to fragment.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
No, I don't "know it." Bullets, especially military bullets, are designed for consistent performance. Based on the 6.5 mm Dutch I used to own (it's a rimmed version of the Carcano) I'd have expected both bullets to perform like the so-called "magic" bullet. The idea that a full-metal jacket bullet fired a the rather modest velocity of the 6.5 would explode is suspicious all by itself, but it is doubly so compared to its stablemate. I wouldn't suggest anything about test procedures -- I would suggest that 6.5 Carcano military ammo like Oswald was supposed to have used was extremely heavily jacketed and unlikely to fragment.

Unlikely true..impossible???

No.

Not impossible.

Has happened to every brand and every size, time and again.

It is unusual? Yes, highly.

Could it have happened? Yes. It could have.