• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

JFK Assassination 50th Anniversary: What do you think happened?

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
What do I think? I think there were several factions i.e. the Mob, the military industrial complex, LBJ, the banksters who wanted to get rid of JFK. They just got together and came up with a plan to do it. We know someone at the highest levels of Government was involved or it couldn't have been covered up the way it was. I beleive the JFK assassination was a coup d tau. We just don't want to beleive things like that could happen in the USA. But, it did.
Your scenario (or I should say ANY scenario of that size) has too many actors when you start talking about factions.

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Now, that I don't buy. If that many people had been involved, it would have been impossible to keep secret. I don't think the Warren Commission report is correct, but that's a long way from endorsing some elaborate conspiracy theory.

If there was more than one shooter (and I concede that it is barely possible LHO acted alone), the other shooter or shooters were probably someone LHO had met in Dallas. If it was more than two or three people, someone would have talked. I think even the conspiracy that Garrison thought he'd uncovered (the one dramatized in Oliver Stone's movie "JFK" is too elaborate to have remained secret).
I'm with you all the way on that. It was like an assassination dream team where the only one who didn't know he was going to get killed that day was JFK

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
I bet you could keep a secret if you knew there was a bullet with your name on it if you talked. Look at all the witnesses who ended up dead. Also, all the people who were involved may not have known about each other. Probably, only the people at the top knew the whole plan. All I know is that there were too many coincidences for this not to be a conspiracy. I bet Oswald didn't even fire a gun that day. He was just a "patsy" like he said.
Well in that case you'd have to come up with an explanation for the supposed curtain rods he brought in. Nobody found any of them. You'd also have to account for his strange actions after the shooting. I would he didn't act alone.

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
I have heard several times that this is the most studied crime in history and the evidence clearly supports Oswald as a lone shooter taking 3 shots. Ruby took a window of opportunity that he hadn't (couldn't have) planned.

What occurred in Mexico with Oswald is either still classified or not known. Even if it is still classified, that doesn't imply a conspiracy. It may just indicate that there was sensitive information collected on a foreign government on their soil.
I too have seen the PBS show about this (or at least one of them if there are more than one)....

It seems REALLY strange that perhaps the ONLY person to ever have defected from the US to Russia then back to the US--got to bring his wife--just happens to end up shooting JFK. Just happens to visit the eastern bloc embassies weeks before the shooting, Just happens to be killed while in custody.

Could be nothing to it but it seems odd to me.

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Well, to each his own. My problem with a ll the conspiracy theories is that there is ZERO physical evidence for any of them and a tone of physical evidence for the 'lone gunman' theory.
I'll just say this about that... "How much physical evidence is there for most of what happens in your life." You draw conclusions based on what was presented to you or based on what you observe. If you walk outside in the morning and see puddles of water every where but very few clouds in the sky...do you assume it rained? I do. But if you didn't see it with your own eyes, you just take the smal data point and conclude it rained.

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Well, if the Warren Commission was wrong on the ballistics, as it was, that means something other than "lone mad gunman" was going on. I'm not certain what.
I never bought the lone nut theory. We have a lot more nuts now and we have a lot more guns. It would stand to reason that we'd have a lot more lone mad gunmen running aroud shooting everyone in site. I know the president has excellent secrt service protection but there are hundreds of officials in the federal government who don't; state officials who don't etc.. We'd have many much more assassinations if that was athing.

Wahbooz

Governor
No evidence of any such transfer exists. Only on a movie did this ever happen.

Not sure about the draft card; never heard that before.

As for stashing it...I'm guessing seeing someone walking around with a rifle after the President was shot with a rifle would lead some to believe that he shot the President with said rifle. But that is just a hunch on my part. :p

To my way of thinkign, having the cop see you on the 2nd floor (without a rifle) drinking a soda pop and then slipping out after the cop went upstairs (exactly what Oswald did) would seem to be exactly what you would do if you were expecting to get a ride to the airport or safehouse. And, to go further, taking various forms of transit to the Texas theater suggests that he was going to meet someone.

I don't know why you think that is an "AH_HA!" item.
I have no idea what you're referring to, but transferring prints from one object to another can be done. Forensics techs take prints from a crime scene all the time. They're nothing more than oil and DNA.

Well if you'd read the Warren Commission report you'd have read about the draft card.

If Oswald had no problem carrying the rifle into the depository, in a bag, he most assuredly have been able to dispose of it in a much safer fashion. Secondly, i recall also reading Oswald was seen on the first floor at or shortly after Kennedy was shot by a female employee. So Oswald shot from the 6th floor window, ran down to the first floor to be seen, then up to the second floor lunch room where he was seen by another employee, and was eventually questioned by the cops. Up and down the steps, no signs of fatigue. Interesting.

I hope Oswald was the person who shot Kennedy, and that no one got away with the assassination. But I'm not buying it.

protectionist

Governor
I never bought the lone nut theory. We have a lot more nuts now and we have a lot more guns. It would stand to reason that we'd have a lot more lone mad gunmen running aroud shooting everyone in site. I know the president has excellent secrt service protection but there are hundreds of officials in the federal government who don't; state officials who don't etc.. We'd have many much more assassinations if that was athing.
Just look at all the assassinations engineered by the Clintons.

Here's why I think it was just freak luck by one weird little man: Given the magnitude of the type of conspiracy this would have required if it were orchestrated, the number of people that would have had to be involved, the complexity of the subsequent cover-up by the conspirators themselves and by investigators, witnesses, accomplices, it would be utterly impossible for no one related not to have talked or no suppressed evidence to emerge.
The lone lunatic makes the most sense.... there's no defense, no way to anticipate something like that; like that fruitcake that shot Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
I have no idea what you're referring to, but transferring prints from one object to another can be done. Forensics techs take prints from a crime scene all the time. They're nothing more than oil and DNA.
There is no DNA on a fingerprint. There is no evidence anywhere that someone transferred a fingerprint onto the rifle.

Well if you'd read the Warren Commission report you'd have read about the draft card.
I haven't read it in a while.

I

If Oswald had no problem carrying the rifle into the depository, in a bag, he most assuredly have been able to dispose of it in a much safer fashion.
What? Really? Elaborate.

Secondly, i recall also reading Oswald was seen on the first floor at or shortly after Kennedy was shot by a female employee. So Oswald shot from the 6th floor window, ran down to the first floor to be seen, then up to the second floor lunch room where he was seen by another employee, and was eventually questioned by the cops. Up and down the steps, no signs of fatigue. Interesting.
He was seen on the 2nd floor by a police officer. He appeared to not be fatigued whatsoever. Shortly after he the police officer proceeded up stairs, Oswald left his place of employment, boarded a bus and a taxi and walked home. Got his revolver, shot a police officer, then went into a movie theater.

I'm not sure what an innocent person does after a President gets shot and you're in close proximity to it happening but these actions don't speak to someone who is just going about his normal activities.

I
I hope Oswald was the person who shot Kennedy, and that no one got away with the assassination. But I'm not buying it.
He is the man who shot Kennedy. I think he is part of a larger conspiracy though.

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Here's why I think it was just freak luck by one weird little man: Given the magnitude of the type of conspiracy this would have required if it were orchestrated, the number of people that would have had to be involved, the complexity of the subsequent cover-up by the conspirators themselves and by investigators, witnesses, accomplices, it would be utterly impossible for no one related not to have talked or no suppressed evidence to emerge.
The lone lunatic makes the most sense.... there's no defense, no way to anticipate something like that; like that fruitcake that shot Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.
It could be.

But you'd also have to believe that the "lone lunatic":

• Was also one of the few (if not the only) person who ever defected from the US to Russia and back...and was able to bring his wife with him.
  • And also that he just happened to go to Mexico city and visit Cuban embassy. Cuba, by the way, was closely aligned with Russia and was invaded by an action authorized by JFK.
  • And he also just happens to be working on the motorcade route.
  • Then he just happens to be killed while in police custody.

Seems implausible.

But you could be right. Usually the simplest answers are the best.

I tend to think that Oliver Stone's version was nuts. I think any scenario that doesn't have Oswald taking the shots is nuts. But I don't think Oswald would have left his revolver. Instead, after he shoots JFK instead of getting out of Dodge, he wastes time going home to get a revolver. To me, that doesn't sound logical.

It could be.

But you'd also have to believe that the "lone lunatic":

• Was also one of the few (if not the only) person who ever defected from the US to Russia and back...and was able to bring his wife with him.
  • And also that he just happened to go to Mexico city and visit Cuban embassy. Cuba, by the way, was closely aligned with Russia and was invaded by an action authorized by JFK.
  • And he also just happens to be working on the motorcade route.
  • Then he just happens to be killed while in police custody.

Seems implausible.

But you could be right. Usually the simplest answers are the best.

I tend to think that Oliver Stone's version was nuts. I think any scenario that doesn't have Oswald taking the shots is nuts. But I don't think Oswald would have left his revolver. Instead, after he shoots JFK instead of getting out of Dodge, he wastes time going home to get a revolver. To me, that doesn't sound logical.
Look at Timothy McVeigh.... The minute that bombing happened everyone assumed it was foreign terrorists or Iran.... turns out it was some dumb-as-a-fencepost hillbilly that was already in jail for not having license plates on his getaway car. And the motive was so far-fetched and nonsensical that no one could have ever anticipated it.

Just an aside: I despise the "Michigan Militia" ... Misguided, brain-dead angry and impotent little freaks that need guns to fill the void that goes along with cowardice and lack of character.

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Look at Timothy McVeigh.... The minute that bombing happened everyone assumed it was foreign terrorists or Iran.... turns out it was some dumb-as-a-fencepost hillbilly that was already in jail for not having license plates on his getaway car. And the motive was so far-fetched and nonsensical that no one could have ever anticipated it.
Good point. But it also sort of shoots down your previous statement a bit, don't you think?

You stated:

"Given the magnitude of the type of conspiracy this would have required if it were orchestrated, the number of people that would have had to be involved, the complexity of the subsequent cover-up by the conspirators themselves and by investigators, witnesses, accomplices, it would be utterly impossible for no one related not to have talked or no suppressed evidence to emerge. "

McVeigh and Nicholls and Michael Fortier...3 guys. That is what it took to blow up a city block in OKC. Shooting one guy in a car probably wouldn't have required much of a conspiracy as to make it impossible.

Good point. But it also sort of shoots down your previous statement a bit, don't you think?

You stated:

"Given the magnitude of the type of conspiracy this would have required if it were orchestrated, the number of people that would have had to be involved, the complexity of the subsequent cover-up by the conspirators themselves and by investigators, witnesses, accomplices, it would be utterly impossible for no one related not to have talked or no suppressed evidence to emerge. "

McVeigh and Nicholls and Michael Fortier...3 guys. That is what it took to blow up a city block in OKC. Shooting one guy in a car probably wouldn't have required much of a conspiracy as to make it impossible.
No. My point was that if it was a CIA-Mafia-Cuban plot, it would have been so complex and so many people would have been involved that there would be no way it would not have been revealed by now. The only thing that does make sense is the unpredictable and unforeseen lunatic.

Last edited:

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Really. Perhaps you should read this before you go a step further. I won't waste my time with the rest of your reply, because you are wrong on this, but you should understand a few things. DNA comes from the oily residue of the fingerprint.

I'll take your word for it.

Still zero evidence of anyone transferring a fingerprint or palm print to the murder weapon though.

For a while, I was a data collector for the National Weather Service. When the guys from NOAA used to have to go into that Michigan Militia area where Nichols lived....in the Thumb... Bad Axe... or whatever.... they had to drive in unmarked vans with civilian license plates because the inbred hillbillies out there would shoot at government vehicles....That's just how deformed, dumb and angry they are. The only thing the NWS guys do is maintain those Cotton Region shelters. They have nothing at all to do with politics.