• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Job Creation best ever since 1997 because Republicans now control the House and Senate

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
The news that Republicans could now check Obama's policies means that Job creation will be greater than they have in the last 6 years. We are not talking about phony stimulus numbers at5 all here but real jobs. The last three months since Republicans gained control of the House and the Senate. The election was a statement on Obama and his policies.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/168008/houston-leads-metro-areas-job-creation-index.aspx

Notice how top job creating areas are in States run by Republicans

job area.png

Notice how the Bottom areas are in States run by democrats.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/168008/houston-leads-metro-areas-job-creation-index.aspx

Arkady

President
The news that Republicans could now check Obama's policies means that Job creation will be greater than they have in the last 6 years. We are not talking about phony stimulus numbers at5 all here but real jobs. The last three months since Republicans gained control of the House and the Senate. The election was a statement on Obama and his policies.

View attachment 26579

Notice how the Bottom areas are in States run by democrats.

Unemployment is pretty much universally considered a "trailing indicator" -- meaning there's a significant delay between the economic or policy change and the impact it has on the job market. So, right off the back it's funny to say that excellent job creation in November, December, and January is due to Republicans getting control of Congress in January, especially when they haven't passed any meaningful legislation since taking control.

As for the "job creation index," Gallup's methodology is a bit weird. It just polls people and does a ratio of those who say their company is hiring to those who say it's firing. Now, if you have two companies that are firing, each firing 10 people, and one that is hiring, but hiring 30 people, you'll show up as having a negative ratio, even though it's net job creation. It just doesn't make much sense as a way of assessing the lay of the land. I'd also want to understand how population growth factors in. If you have an area that is growing in population (like some sun belt area picking up a lot of retirees), you could have a lot more hiring than firing and yet still have a rise in unemployment. So, I'd be more interested in seeing what the MSA unemployment rates were.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member

View attachment 26579

Notice how the Bottom areas are in States run by Democrats.

I took a look at the current leadership of the CITIES represented in your list. Guess what I found?

The Mayor of Houston, Texas...Annise Parker, Democrat.

The Mayor of Columbus, Ohio...Michael B. Coleman, Democrat.

The Mayor of Salt Lake City, Utah...Ralph Becker, Democrat.

The Mayor of Orlando, Florida....Buddy Dyer, Democrat.

The Mayor of Phoenix, Arizona...Greg Stanton, Democrat

Last edited:

Drumcollie

I took a look at the current leadership of the CITIES represented in your list. Guess what I found?

The Mayor of Houston, Texas...Annise Parker, Democrat.

The Mayor of Columbus, Ohio...Michael B. Coleman, Democrat.

The Mayor of Salt Lake City, Utah...Ralph Becker, Democrat.

The Mayor of Orlando, Florida....Buddy Dyer, Democrat.

The Mayor of Phoenix, Arizona...Greg Stanton, Democrat

The Mayors of :

San Diego: Non partisan

New York: Democrat

Providence: Democrat

Riverside: Non Partisan

Los Angeles: Non Partisan

So in States Run by Republicans...even democrats can succeed...but You might want to ask Annise Porker...Why did Exxon Mobil moved it headquarters from Houston to a suburb?

Drumcollie

Unemployment is pretty much universally considered a "trailing indicator" -- meaning there's a significant delay between the economic or policy change and the impact it has on the job market. So, right off the back it's funny to say that excellent job creation in November, December, and January is due to Republicans getting control of Congress in January, especially when they haven't passed any meaningful legislation since taking control.

As for the "job creation index," Gallup's methodology is a bit weird. It just polls people and does a ratio of those who say their company is hiring to those who say it's firing. Now, if you have two companies that are firing, each firing 10 people, and one that is hiring, but hiring 30 people, you'll show up as having a negative ratio, even though it's net job creation. It just doesn't make much sense as a way of assessing the lay of the land. I'd also want to understand how population growth factors in. If you have an area that is growing in population (like some sun belt area picking up a lot of retirees), you could have a lot more hiring than firing and yet still have a rise in unemployment. So, I'd be more interested in seeing what the MSA unemployment rates were.
HUH? Trailing indicator....democrats? Don't forget you still think the New Republic is a neo conservative magazine

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
The Mayors of :

San Diego: Non partisan

New York: Democrat

Providence: Democrat

Riverside: Non Partisan

Los Angeles: Non Partisan

So in States Run by Republicans...even Democrats can succeed...but You might want to ask Annise Porker...Why did Exxon Mobil moved it headquarters from Houston to a suburb?

Exxon/Mobil's HQ is located in Irving. Their Exploration and Producing Operations, the group located in Houston, seems to be HQ'd in Houston.

http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/company/contact-us/directory/business-headquarters

Do you understand the CITIES with the growth you are heralding are all run by Democratic mayors?

Arkady

President
HUH? Trailing indicator....democrats? Don't forget you still think the New Republic is a neo conservative magazine
I'm not sure why learning that FACT about the New Republic has come as such a shock to your system. Deal with it.

Drumcollie

I'm not sure why learning that FACT about the New Republic has come as such a shock to your system. Deal with it.
No that you are that ignorant is a shock...you really believe this? C'mon you are joking right?? You cant really mean that it is neo conservative...maybe neo racist democrat...no really you are joking ...tell me...then at least I wouldn't think that you are really this dumb.

Arkady

President
No that you are that ignorant is a shock...you really believe this? C'mon you are joking right?? You cant really mean that it is neo conservative...maybe neo racist democratic...no really you are joking ...tell me...then at least I wouldn't think that you are really this dumb.
It's neoconservative. You're simply coming from a position of complete ignorance on this topic. I know that until recently you'd never even heard of the New Republic, much less read them. I'm not coming from that position. I had a New Republic subscription for years. I read it regularly online for years after that. Despite its neoconservatism, I considered it an important way to keep track of the memes that had currency among the Washington elite. With that familiarity, I saw the New Republic push its neoconservative foreign policy agenda again and again.