• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Job growth up under Biden; GOP cultists carp about it

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
We had 35 employees before the pandemic. We were down to 8 because people were not coming out to eat...not because of any government rules.

Over 550,000 people died. Over 700,000 died in 1918. Should we have let things go as in 1918? We only had 100 million citizens then...now we have 330 million. How many would have died if we did nothing?
What do you mean, you did nothing. You didn't develop a vaccine and Biden is famous for doing nothing. Lol...If we did nothing.

Bugsy McGurk

President
This has to go down as one of the dumbest posts in the history of this forum......and you've littered the board with thousands of contenders. Of course shutting down businesses cost jobs. Derp. Of course, most left wingers have never held jobs so the idea is foreign to the severely mentally ill.
You’re just not smart enough to perceive the question, much less the answer.

The question posed above is not whether shutdowns cost jobs. The question posed above is whether not having shutdowns would have cost more jobs. The obvious answer is yes.

Is it sinking in yet?

Mick

The Right is always right
You’re just not smart enough to perceive the question, much less the answer.
You're just dumb enough to belief that draconian shutdowns actually didn't purposefully sabotage the economy and worked. Remember, left winger, we have data. The states with the highest death tolls, longest lingering problems, and the worst unemployment are states that were most draconian in their shutdowns. You think that if you screech that water isn't wet that somehow that makes it so?

My God, you people are severely mentally ill.

Bugsy McGurk

President
You're just dumb enough to belief that draconian shutdowns actually didn't purposefully sabotage the economy and worked. Remember, left winger, we have data. The states with the highest death tolls, longest lingering problems, and the worst unemployment are states that were most draconian in their shutdowns. You think that if you screech that water isn't wet that somehow that makes it so?

This one is yapping about whether water is wet.

Needs a trip to India to see how wonderful things get without a shutdown.

;-)

Mick

The Right is always right
This one is yapping about whether water is wet.
LMFAO. Yeah, because that would take someone severely mentally ill and retarded, no?

You are doing the equivalent. The data is here for all to see. Dumb as a box of rocks, left winger.

Bugsy McGurk

President
LMFAO. Yeah, because that would take someone severely mentally ill and retarded, no?

You are doing the equivalent. The data is here for all to see. Dumb as a box of rocks, left winger.
When this one stoops to post editing, it’s time to stick a fork in him. He’s done.

;-)

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The catastrophic consequences of the Trump presidency will be with us for decades. But just think - Trump cultists are so far gone that they fully supported his efforts to heist four more years, even including his orchestration of the murderous rampage on January 6.

Simply remarkable. How could they possibly get that brainwashed?

Wow.
It wasn't Trump who ordered all those businesses to close - it was your vaunted progressive (authoritarian) governors. And, of course, they were wrong:

Death and Lockdowns | City Journal (city-journal.org)

Raoul_Luke

We had 35 employees before the pandemic. We were down to 8 because people were not coming out to eat...not because of any government rules.

Over 550,000 people died. Over 700,000 died in 1918. Should we have let things go as in 1918? We only had 100 million citizens then...now we have 330 million. How many would have died if we did nothing?
I wonder why they didn't want to go out to eat?

Americans Are Wildly Misinformed about the Risk of Hospitalization from COVID-19, Survey Shows. Here’s Why - Foundation for Economic Education (fee.org)

And where do you suppose they got that misinformation?

More than 90% of COVID-19 news published by big media is negative: Study (msn.com)

But by all means, don't let the facts get in the way of your propaganda...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I wonder why they didn't want to go out to eat?

Americans Are Wildly Misinformed about the Risk of Hospitalization from COVID-19, Survey Shows. Here’s Why - Foundation for Economic Education (fee.org)

And where do you suppose they got that misinformation?

More than 90% of COVID-19 news published by big media is negative: Study (msn.com)

But by all means, don't let the facts get in the way of your propaganda...
580,000 dead...Trump said it would be gone in april 2020...

Bugsy McGurk

President
It wasn't Trump who ordered all those businesses to close - it was your vaunted progressive (authoritarian) governors. And, of course, they were wrong:

Death and Lockdowns | City Journal (city-journal.org)
You seem to be “forgetting” Trump’s role in shutting things down, but that’s really not the thread topic.

Bottom line - Trump’s response to the virus was the worst in the world, costing Americans nearly a million lives and some $17 trillion. The most astounding part? You and your fellow Trump cultists still support him.

Truly astounding.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
No school, no daycare in the beginning of the pandemic left women no choice but to quit their jobs.
Now it's still a mess as not all of their children are back in school full time. Biden has a fix for daycare being so expensive.
Many as well had to become caregivers to family members stricken with COVID... including caring for those afflicted with other illnesses.

Raoul_Luke

You seem to be “forgetting” Trump’s role in shutting things down, but that’s really not the thread topic.

Bottom line - Trump’s response to the virus was the worst in the world, costing Americans nearly a million lives and some $17 trillion. The most astounding part? You and your fellow Trump cultists still support him.

Truly astounding.
You and I both know Trump didn't close a single business or even restrict their capacities. You are simply lying again (as usual)

EatTheRich

President

Nope. China, Vietnam, N. Korea, and S. Korea all had MUCH stricter shutdowns ... they also emerged into more or less normal life much faster, with much less economic dislocation, and each country had a small fraction of the deaths per capita that the U.S. had.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That, of course, is a bald faced lie.
Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” DJT talking to the National Border Patrol Council

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You and I both know Trump didn't close a single business or even restrict their capacities. You are simply lying again (as usual)
So none of Trump's declarations or EOs restricted travel from China or cruise lines?

A number of factories and food processing plants closed because of severe covid out breaks. Who would you suggest we blame for that?

Raoul_Luke

So none of Trump's declarations or EOs restricted travel from China or cruise lines?

A number of factories and food processing plants closed because of severe covid out breaks. Who would you suggest we blame for that?
I don't know, the Chinese maybe? Sheesh - how many people starved to death from food plants shutting down?