• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Joe Biden called it back in January

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan

From his opinion piece on 1/27/2020

Trump has blithely tweeted that “it will all work out well.” Yet the steps he has taken as president have only weakened our capacity to respond.
Trump has rolled back much of the progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. He proposed draconian cuts to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for International Development — the very agencies we need to fight this outbreak and prevent future ones.

He dismissed the top White House official in charge of global health security and dismantled the entire team. And he has treated with utmost contempt institutions that facilitate international cooperation, thus undermining the global efforts that keep us safe from pandemics and biological attacks.

To be blunt, I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later.

Pandemic diseases are a prime example of why international cooperation is a requirement of leadership in 2020. Diseases do not stop at borders. They cannot be thwarted by building a wall. We cannot keep ourselves safe without helping to keep others safe as well and without enlisting the help of other nations in return. And here’s the truth — the United States must step forward to lead these efforts, because no other nation has the resources, the reach or the relationships to marshal an effective international response.

Cruel and unusual:Trump tweeted heartlessly about Ebola in 2014. He's ill-equipped to handle 2019 outbreak.
That’s how we broke the infection curve on Ebola. In September 2014, CDC projections warned that over 1 million people could be infected if we failed to act. By February 2015, thanks to the leadership of our administration, the number of new Ebola cases was fewer than 400. A few months later, the epidemic was essentially extinguished.

We brought the world together behind a response that only the United States could mobilize — including dispatching our military on a limited mission to help build the urgent infrastructure necessary to coordinate a massive global public health response, deploying American disaster assistance response teams to Africa, unleashing the NIH to help spur the discovery of new treatments and vaccines, protecting our citizens from potential cases of Ebola in the USA, and harnessing civilian expertise from the CDC at home and abroad.
We acted over the chorus of uninformed objections from critics like Donald Trump, and more than 60 countries followed our lead, contributing over $2 billion, thousands of health professionals and personnel, and other critical resources like personal protective equipment. Just as important, we strengthened our focus on preparing for the next crisis.
That’s the kind of leadership a moment like this demands — a leadership Trump could never deliver.

Unintended consequences:Measles outbreak drains resources we may need for a future epidemic or bioterrorist attack
As president, I will reassert U.S. leadership in global health security. My policies will always uphold science, not fiction or fearmongering. I will ask Congress to beef up the Public Health Emergency Fund and give me the power to use the Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to declare a disaster if an infectious disease threat merits it.
I will also renew funding — set to expire in May — for the nationwide network of hospitals that can isolate and treat people with infectious diseases, and fully fund the Global Health Security Agenda so the world is ready for the next outbreak. And I will rebuild public trust, make sure we have dedicated resources to help us respond to crises quickly, and better harness the capabilities of the private sector to protect the American people. Our national security requires nothing less.
---------------------------------

A month after that piece was published Donald Trump was calling the pandemic a Democrat hoax.

We all know who was right.

Jack4freedom

Governor

Trump has blithely tweeted that “it will all work out well.” Yet the steps he has taken as president have only weakened our capacity to respond.
Trump has rolled back much of the progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. He proposed draconian cuts to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for International Development — the very agencies we need to fight this outbreak and prevent future ones.

He dismissed the top White House official in charge of global health security and dismantled the entire team. And he has treated with utmost contempt institutions that facilitate international cooperation, thus undermining the global efforts that keep us safe from pandemics and biological attacks.

To be blunt, I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later.

Pandemic diseases are a prime example of why international cooperation is a requirement of leadership in 2020. Diseases do not stop at borders. They cannot be thwarted by building a wall. We cannot keep ourselves safe without helping to keep others safe as well and without enlisting the help of other nations in return. And here’s the truth — the United States must step forward to lead these efforts, because no other nation has the resources, the reach or the relationships to marshal an effective international response.

Cruel and unusual:Trump tweeted heartlessly about Ebola in 2014. He's ill-equipped to handle 2019 outbreak.
That’s how we broke the infection curve on Ebola. In September 2014, CDC projections warned that over 1 million people could be infected if we failed to act. By February 2015, thanks to the leadership of our administration, the number of new Ebola cases was fewer than 400. A few months later, the epidemic was essentially extinguished.

We brought the world together behind a response that only the United States could mobilize — including dispatching our military on a limited mission to help build the urgent infrastructure necessary to coordinate a massive global public health response, deploying American disaster assistance response teams to Africa, unleashing the NIH to help spur the discovery of new treatments and vaccines, protecting our citizens from potential cases of Ebola in the USA, and harnessing civilian expertise from the CDC at home and abroad.
We acted over the chorus of uninformed objections from critics like Donald Trump, and more than 60 countries followed our lead, contributing over $2 billion, thousands of health professionals and personnel, and other critical resources like personal protective equipment. Just as important, we strengthened our focus on preparing for the next crisis.
That’s the kind of leadership a moment like this demands — a leadership Trump could never deliver.

Unintended consequences:Measles outbreak drains resources we may need for a future epidemic or bioterrorist attack
As president, I will reassert U.S. leadership in global health security. My policies will always uphold science, not fiction or fearmongering. I will ask Congress to beef up the Public Health Emergency Fund and give me the power to use the Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to declare a disaster if an infectious disease threat merits it.
I will also renew funding — set to expire in May — for the nationwide network of hospitals that can isolate and treat people with infectious diseases, and fully fund the Global Health Security Agenda so the world is ready for the next outbreak. And I will rebuild public trust, make sure we have dedicated resources to help us respond to crises quickly, and better harness the capabilities of the private sector to protect the American people. Our national security requires nothing less.

A month after that piece was published Donald Trump was calling the pandemic a Democrat hoax.

Wow, that is a powerful and timely opinion piece. It really looks like Trump’s childish rampage to dismantle anything and everything set up by the previous administration is now having dire consequences. Too bad we did not and still do not have a thoughtful and intelligent person, like the man who wrote that insightful and pointed editorial on January 27th.

Even though Trump and his team finally are waking up to what is going on here his idiotic statements continued long after former VP Biden’s eloquent and accurate take on this now out of control pandemic. Both Trump and his irresponsible ass kissers on Fox News we’re suggesting that this was some kind of Democratic Party hoax until about two weeks ago. Thanks for posting this excellent editorial. I do not usually read USA Today and I missed it. I think it should be picked up by every major newspaper and TV station in America and printed over and over.

Mick

The Right is always right
Wow, that is a powerful and timely opinion piece. It really looks like Trump’s childish rampage to dismantle anything and everything set up by the previous administration is now having dire consequences. Too bad we did not and still do not have a thoughtful and intelligent person, like the man who wrote that insightful and pointed editorial on January 27th.

Even though Trump and his team finally are waking up to what is going on here his idiotic statements continued long after former VP Biden’s eloquent and accurate take on this now out of control pandemic. Both Trump and his irresponsible ass kissers on Fox News we’re suggesting that this was some kind of Democratic Party hoax until about two weeks ago. Thanks for posting this excellent editorial. I do not usually read USA Today and I missed it. I think it should be picked up by every major newspaper and TV station in America and printed over and over.
In the same piece where he called the China travel ban a "reactionary" move that would only have made thing worse. A couple days later he called the ban "xenophobic". That's the ANSWER. ROFL.

So what exactly did he say Trump should be doing on January 27th other than not banning travel from China? Oh wait, not a goddamn thing. He did lie about the CDC funding, though. Trump signed into law the biggest budgets ever given to the CDC for the treatment of pandemics and newly emerging infectious diseases. Larger than anything Obama ever signed into law.

Now for other the facts. Biden whined about funding on the National Institutes of Health. Obama/Biden funding of it was far below Trump's. In fact, the 8.8% YOY jump in funding in 2018 (Trump's first budget) was the largest increase it has received in the last 15 years

Ouch.

Agency of International Development. This is a relief agency. PeeWee already ranted in a frenzy that Trump gave TOO much relief and now he quotes Biden on increasing it? What a tool. LOL. Once again, biggest budgets in history under Trump. Just over $31 billion:

Lookie, lookie, if I tell my low IQ sheep that he "cut" a bunch of things he really didn't cut and then scream "orange man xenophobic" and that travel bans make the problem worse they'll gobble up. Parnut and Fruitman were going to take down Trump, too?

Good lord. Hype and hyperbole. Stupid and retarded.

Attachments

PNWest

The disinformation campaign being run by the Trump supporters here is ridiculous. We have plenty of proof what the Democrats were saying and doing and what Trump and the right wing echo chamber was spouting.

History will not be kind to Trump and his supporters.

Jack4freedom

Governor
The disinformation campaign being run by the Trump supporters here is ridiculous. We have plenty of proof what the Democrats were saying and doing and what Trump and the right wing echo chamber was spouting.

History will not be kind to Trump and his supporters.
Mick had a canned, ready made retort right out of the Trump war room at Fox News. Look at his reaction above.

PNWest

He is a pretty good propagandist and obviously has access to the inner bowels of the GOP spin machine.
I'd agree with you about the inner bowels part. Mick is definitely quite at home there.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Yes, he did. Biden had the experience of being in an admin that dealt with HINI and Ebola.
Trump took office with no experience in govt....and refused to learn.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yes, he did. Biden had the experience of being in an admin that dealt with HINI and Ebola.
Yep and only 17,160 died from swine flu
Joe did a hellofa great job
Trump up 13 points in dem poll
2020 Race is all but tied

DNC better keep Joe hidden and Cuomo as 2020 Candidate

In the same piece where he called the China travel ban a "reactionary" move that would only have made thing worse. A couple days later he called the ban "xenophobic". That's the ANSWER. ROFL.

Yup. That's what Americans will remember in November. Biden called Trump's travel restrictions "xenophobic", Nancy was passing out infected, made in China impeachment pens and telling people to go stroll around in their local Chinatown if they didn't want to appear "racist", and the death-cult media was cheering it all on.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
We're losing the war because the leader didn't stock up on bullets, denied the enemy was coming and is forcing the generals to bid against each other to buy bullets from ruthless merchants. - Walter Shaub

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
on what date should the federal govt have effected a national stay at home order....thereby cratering the US and world economies....???

you can filter in the link....to pick your date...

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

The people who plagiarized this for Biden?

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Yep and only 17,160 died from swine flu
Joe did a hellofa great job
Trump up 13 points in dem poll
2020 Race is all but tied

DNC better keep Joe hidden and Cuomo as 2020 Candidate
Next President
48.8%
+0.0% in last 4hr in last day in last wk CHARTS
41.4%

EatTheRich

President
Yup. That's what Americans will remember in November. Biden called Trump's travel restrictions "xenophobic", Nancy was passing out infected, made in China impeachment pens and telling people to go stroll around in their local Chinatown if they didn't want to appear "racist", and the death-cult media was cheering it all on.
Who controls the present controls the past ...