• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Joe Biden for 2020

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Former VP Joe Biden has announced his candidacy for President as of today, April 25th. I hear he and Bernie Sanders will be the frontrunners in the Democrat primary race. I like both Biden and Sanders, but I think Biden has the best chance to beat Trump in the general election.
I hope Barack and Michelle Obama help him campaign. :)

I predicted in 2016 the Dems would go old, white, and rich for the next 3 elections (after Obama ruined the chances of every other minority candidate). I'm 2 for 3 so far...LOL!

voyager

4Q2247365
Biden may sleep walk into the Presidency. I think the People are tired of a drama a day.

I really think Biden does not have the physical gas to get to the Convention and will throw his votes behind Warren.

Biden may sleep walk into the Presidency. I think the People are tired of a drama a day.

I really think Biden does not have the physical gas to get to the Convention and will throw his votes behind Warren.
You really think Democrats are willing to overlook his racism and his sexual predation? I would expect one or the other would be ok with Dems, but both? Really?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I think this is a very smart move today by Joe Biden. The last Democrat to get a higher percentage of the popular vote than Pres. Obama was LBJ in 1964 and the last Democrat to win twice in a row with 50+% of the popular vote before Obama was FDR in 1940 and 1944.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/455773-biden-bizarre-that-democrats-attacked-obamas-policies-at

""I was a little surprised at how much incoming there was about Barack, about the president," Biden said.

“I’m proud of having served him. I’m proud of the job he did. I don’t think there's anything he has to apologize for," he said.

Biden also strongly defended the Obama administration's record, while criticizing those who compared their policies on issues like immigration to Trump's.

"He changed the dialogue, he changed the whole question, he changed what was going on. And the idea that somehow it’s comparable to what this guy is doing is absolutely bizarre," Biden said comparing Obama to Trump."

Jen

Senator
I think this is a very smart move today by Joe Biden. The last Democrat to get a higher percentage of the popular vote than Pres. Obama was LBJ in 1964 and the last Democrat to win twice in a row with 50+% of the popular vote before Obama was FDR in 1940 and 1944.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/455773-biden-bizarre-that-democrats-attacked-obamas-policies-at

""I was a little surprised at how much incoming there was about Barack, about the president," Biden said.

“I’m proud of having served him. I’m proud of the job he did. I don’t think there's anything he has to apologize for," he said.

Biden also strongly defended the Obama administration's record, while criticizing those who compared their policies on issues like immigration to Trump's.

"He changed the dialogue, he changed the whole question, he changed what was going on. And the idea that somehow it’s comparable to what this guy is doing is absolutely bizarre," Biden said comparing Obama to Trump."
Biden is an old white guy who also said that Obama is "bright, clean and articulate". This won't help him.

It's a losing proposition. The positions Obama held in 2008 and even 2012 would not get him widespread support from Dems in 2019/2020. Your party has shifted so far to the left, anything less than a revolutionary communist doesn't have a shot at the nomination, or the support of the base. That's what happens when you pander to the lowest common denominator.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Your party has shifted so far to the left, anything less than a revolutionary communist doesn't have a shot at the nomination, or the support of the base.
Maybe...we'll see. Biden supporters are "the base". They're the ones who have been showing up to vote in ALL elections for decades.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Joe Biden came in at 4th place in the Iowa caucus and 5th place in the New Hampshire primary. This isn't good. Hope he does better in the South Carolina and Nevada primaries.
He doesn't perform well in the debates either. 15-20 years ago he would've been the sharpest one on that stage. Now, he stumbles over his words and seems to have trouble thinking clearly.
Poor Joe.

Jen

Senator
Joe Biden came in at 4th place in the Iowa caucus and 5th place in the New Hampshire primary. This isn't good. Hope he does better in the South Carolina and Nevada primaries.
He doesn't perform well in the debates either. 15-20 years ago he would've been the sharpest one on that stage. Now, he stumbles over his words and seems to have trouble thinking clearly.
Poor Joe.
Old Joe has always been insultingly patronizing of Black Americans. He has never been particularly intelligent. But it is kind of you to give him a pass anyway. He's not even a contender this year........even if he thinks he is.

It's a losing proposition. The positions Obama held in 2008 and even 2012 would not get him widespread support from Dems in 2019/2020. Your party has shifted so far to the left, anything less than a revolutionary communist doesn't have a shot at the nomination, or the support of the base. That's what happens when you pander to the lowest common denominator.

Well, looky here! I called it way back then!

Sanders is actually the perfect 2020 candidate for the Dems. He's white, which means he's in with the Ralph Northam wing of the party, and he's a tyrannical commie, so he's in with the "progressive" wing, who are already warming up the ovens in anticipation. He's also a big supporter of Margaret Sanger's black genocide program, so that's double points from the Northam contingent and the death cultists. He's antisemitic, so the "squad" is happy. Wow, he's pretty much the whole package for the Dems!

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Old Joe has always been insultingly patronizing of Black Americans. He has never been particularly intelligent. But it is kind of you to give him a pass anyway. He's not even a contender this year........even if he thinks he is.
Sadly, I think you're right. Oh well. He had a good career. I wish him all the best.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Well, looky here! I called it way back then!

Sanders is actually the perfect 2020 candidate for the Dems. He's white, which means he's in with the Ralph Northam wing of the party, and he's a tyrannical commie, so he's in with the "progressive" wing, who are already warming up the ovens in anticipation. He's also a big supporter of Margaret Sanger's black genocide program, so that's double points from the Northam contingent and the death cultists. He's antisemitic, so the "squad" is happy. Wow, he's pretty much the whole package for the Dems!
Sanders is antisemitic? He is Jewish himself.