• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Joe tells private business owner to drop dead

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
An hour

Yes, I’m aware of how libs have been crying about teachers pay. Therefore agreeing that it’s rather low.

Wrong, I’m laughing at substitute teachers who have too much of an opinion on people who are more than likely in the same tax bracket as them. Who probably resent that they might move much higher.
So, you don't know what he makes an hour, no surprise.
Damn if you didn't flip from what you first posted!

Maybe he subs due to not needing the money and just wants to educate.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The breakfast pork-chops I've bought like forever, actually they have tripled from less then $3 and now over $7...........

I'm sure your kid has also seen the increase cost at the fast food joint..
Where is that? At a restaurant? Where I shop they are $5 per lb...and $7 is not 3 x $3...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The breakfast pork-chops I've bought like forever, actually they have tripled from less then $3 and now over $7...........

I'm sure your kid has also seen the increase cost at the fast food joint..
I see what we pay US Foods as well as knowing what we have increased prices on. When we started our restaurant 5 years ago we charged $7 for a meal...now we charge $8.75.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I see what we pay US Foods as well as knowing what we have increased prices on. When we started our restaurant 5 years ago we charged $7 for a meal...now we charge $8.75.
Sounds high for a Happy Meal

What's in the meal____________is drink extra, do they charge for water!

reason10

Governor
There is a labor market.
And wage inflation works just the same.
$8 bought more labor last year than it does now.
There is no such thing as wage inflation (except in dumbass blue states, where they allow unions to commit extortion).
Labor does not magically become worth more this year than last year unless there were other factors:
Did the workers attend some school to improve their skills?
Did the bosses bring in technology making the workers quicker at output?
Did President Biden cut corporate taxes even more, thus bringing in even more higher paying jobs than the last elected president and creating a shortage of workers?

Just because wahhh wahhh I need more money is not a magical factor in determining a labor market. There are legitimate causes.

So far, it appears that President Biden spent trillions to pay people not to work. That might have been a factor in creating a shortage.

Gee! Trump's way was much better for the economy and cost nothing as far as the federal budget goes.

There is no such thing as wage inflation (except in dumbass blue states, where they allow unions to commit extortion).
Labor does not magically become worth more this year than last year unless there were other factors:
Did the workers attend some school to improve their skills?
Did the bosses bring in technology making the workers quicker at output?
Did President Biden cut corporate taxes even more, thus bringing in even more higher paying jobs than the last elected president and creating a shortage of workers?

Just because wahhh wahhh I need more money is not a magical factor in determining a labor market. There are legitimate causes.

So far, it appears that President Biden spent trillions to pay people not to work. That might have been a factor in creating a shortage.

Gee! Trump's way was much better for the economy and cost nothing as far as the federal budget goes.
No, there is definitely such thing as wage inflation.
You should probably go put your resume on LinkedIn to put some pressure on your employer to pay you more.
Your wages aren't set in stone, in this economy someone will pay you more than you are currently making.
You just have to pick yourself up by your bootstraps and quit pretending you owe your employer any debt of gratitude.

reason10

Governor

You should probably go put your resume on LinkedIn to put some pressure on your employer to pay you more.

The term "wage inflation" is as fake and bullschitt a term as "systemic racism." You don't even know the definition of the word "Inflation."

(For the FEW adults here, Inflation is defined as too many dollars chasing too few goods. It is a MONETARY pheonemon and has everything to do with the make up of M1 money supply.)

Your wages aren't set in stone, in this economy someone will pay you more than you are currently making.

As a matter of fact, throughout my entire life, I've managed to EARN more money each year, not from being a dick and demanding it but from making myself more valuable to the different employers. Substitute teaching is not my main career, (which by the way is none of your fcking business.) And substitute teaching, like regular teaching is set at the county level. Some counties pay more; some pay less.

You just have to pick yourself up by your bootstraps and quit pretending you owe your employer any debt of gratitude.

Demanding unearned wage raise is NOT picking oneself up by one's bootstraps. It's just a whiny, left wing ENTITLEMENT. If I needed to make more money, I could move back to Orange County (Orlando, mostly) and work EVERY day in schools that mostly reside in ghetto neighborhoods. (I've worked a bunch of them when I used to live there.) Or I could EASILY take on a Permanent Sub position. In the two counties I'm certified, there are HUNDREDS of real teaching positions that have not been filled. Without having to take the test outs and certify in those fields, I could easily get permanent sub status and get almost twice the money. Or if I REALLY hated myself, I could just test out on any number of items and certify as a regular teacher and make the regular money with my Bachelor's degree. Certainly, I have enough experience in classroom management. Several principals have already offered me the job if I decided I wanted to do that.

Thing is, I don't need the money that much. I'm not complaining about the money I make. I do this because I enjoy the work, (probably because Florida's public schools are the best in the country and our kids are actually learning something here, even in the idiot Broward County schitholes.) I like the atmosphere, not just academic, but the superior class of teachers, most of which look really happy to be doing that kind of work.

reason10

Governor
So, you don't know what he makes an hour, no surprise.
Damn if you didn't flip from what you first posted!

Maybe he subs due to not needing the money and just wants to educate.
I'm still of the mind set that most of the liberals here are teenagers who are going behind mommy's back to play with the computer. None of them know anything.

In the state of Florida (I don't like to speak for other states, especially the inferior Blue states, where teachers rape the taxpayers and churn out generations of uneducated MORONS) teachers come to work for the most part ECSTATIC about what they do for a living. I've never seen ANY other occupation where such a large number of its employees LOVED this job.

And subs are treated like rock stars by teachers and management. We are the caped crusaders, swooping in to save the day. The kids are fun for the most part, (probably because even in our worst inner city ghettos, they are much better behaved than what we see on the national news in blue states.))

And you hit the nail on the head. Whether we are here full time or jumping from school to school in sub status, we are here to EDUCATE. There's no greater calling, I don't think.

Sometimes I try to educate the woke teenagers here. Middle School ESE classes have smarter kids than what I'm seeing here from the Woke left.

The term "wage inflation" is as fake and bullschitt a term as "systemic racism." You don't even know the definition of the word "Inflation."

(For the FEW adults here, Inflation is defined as too many dollars chasing too few goods. It is a MONETARY pheonemon and has everything to do with the make up of M1 money supply.)

As a matter of fact, throughout my entire life, I've managed to EARN more money each year, not from being a dick and demanding it but from making myself more valuable to the different employers. Substitute teaching is not my main career, (which by the way is none of your fcking business.) And substitute teaching, like regular teaching is set at the county level. Some counties pay more; some pay less.

Demanding unearned wage raise is NOT picking oneself up by one's bootstraps. It's just a whiny, left wing ENTITLEMENT. If I needed to make more money, I could move back to Orange County (Orlando, mostly) and work EVERY day in schools that mostly reside in ghetto neighborhoods. (I've worked a bunch of them when I used to live there.) Or I could EASILY take on a Permanent Sub position. In the two counties I'm certified, there are HUNDREDS of real teaching positions that have not been filled. Without having to take the test outs and certify in those fields, I could easily get permanent sub status and get almost twice the money. Or if I REALLY hated myself, I could just test out on any number of items and certify as a regular teacher and make the regular money with my Bachelor's degree. Certainly, I have enough experience in classroom management. Several principals have already offered me the job if I decided I wanted to do that.

Thing is, I don't need the money that much. I'm not complaining about the money I make. I do this because I enjoy the work, (probably because Florida's public schools are the best in the country and our kids are actually learning something here, even in the idiot Broward County schitholes.) I like the atmosphere, not just academic, but the superior class of teachers, most of which look really happy to be doing that kind of work.
Don't think you won't be happy in another job. You can be happy and make more money. Just have to put some pressure on your employer to give you more.

Also being anti-wage inflation isn't good politics either. It sounds like Republicans want people to be paid $8/hr and be grateful for it. That's nonsense. Never be content, always go find a better job, always screw over your employer when you have the chance because they won't think twice about screwing you when the time comes. That is how capitalism works. You aren't an indentured servant, you are socially mobile, careers are mobiles. Pick yourself up and find more money. Go forth and act in your self-interesr and get more money.

reason10

Governor
Don't think you won't be happy in another job. You can be happy and make more money. Just have to put some pressure on your employer to give you more.

I spent a lifetime playing the "happy in another job" game. Changed careers, went back to college, got a degree. I don't need more money. I'm happy with what I got.

Also being anti-wage inflation isn't good politics either. It sounds like Republicans want people to be paid $8/hr and be grateful for it. That's nonsense. Never be content, always go find a better job, always screw over your employer when you have the chance because they won't think twice about screwing you when the time comes.

Republicans have NEVER suggested people should be paid $8 an hour and be grateful for it. Obviously, nurses, doctors, engineers, etc are not paid $8 an hour. What Republicans have a problem with is idiots whose skills are not WORTH more then 8 an hour getting more because government forces the business to pay more. That only causes idiots not to get hired, or get laid off. I have ZERO problem with a stupid worker applying himself/herself, working harder, going back to school and EARNING more. But some idiot who shows up late, is lazy on the job, bitches all the time, that person is not WORTH a penny more than what the government now forces the employer to pay.

I spent a lifetime playing the "happy in another job" game. Changed careers, went back to college, got a degree. I don't need more money. I'm happy with what I got.

Also being anti-wage inflation isn't good politics either. It sounds like Republicans want people to be paid $8/hr and be grateful for it. That's nonsense. Never be content, always go find a better job, always screw over your employer when you have the chance because they won't think twice about screwing you when the time comes.

Republicans have NEVER suggested people should be paid $8 an hour and be grateful for it. Obviously, nurses, doctors, engineers, etc are not paid $8 an hour. What Republicans have a problem with is idiots whose skills are not WORTH more then 8 an hour getting more because government forces the business to pay more. That only causes idiots not to get hired, or get laid off. I have ZERO problem with a stupid worker applying himself/herself, working harder, going back to school and EARNING more. But some idiot who shows up late, is lazy on the job, bitches all the time, that person is not WORTH a penny more than what the government now forces the employer to pay.
The government is forcing to pay anyone more. There are market forces in the labor market. Obviously with a labor shortage, employers need to pay more.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The government is forcing to pay anyone more. There are market forces in the labor market. Obviously with a labor shortage, employers need to pay more.
"The government is forcing to pay anyone more"--What/How

I hope military get's paid More.............

If an employer has to pay more and not make a profit they will close their doors!