• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Joe Walsh for 2020?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
On This Week with George Stepanopolus, (August 25, 2019) former Illinois Rep. Joe Walsh, said he is running for President on the Republican ticket. He says he is a conservative, used to be in the Tea Party movement. He appears to be serious about mounting a primary challenge to Trump.
Judging from a few statements Mr. Walsh has made in the past about Obama and Kamala Harris, he sounds like he may have a little racial prejudice. But, that might not be an obstacle for him with Trump's base. I'm going to keep an eye on Joe Walsh.

Caroljo

Senator
He's not republican, he's a Rino. He is not going to have a chance against Trump. You think he may have a 'little racial prejudice, and that it MIGHT not be an obstacle with Trump supporters. Why would it be an obstacle??? Wow....talk about a racist statement!

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
He's not republican, he's a Rino. He is not going to have a chance against Trump. You think he may have a 'little racial prejudice, and that it MIGHT not be an obstacle with Trump supporters. Why would it be an obstacle??? Wow....talk about a racist statement!
It seems Trump's base admires him for being politically incorrect when it comes to racial matters. So, I figured they'd like Mr. Walsh if he was the same way.
If the economy goes sour, and people blame it on Trump, Mr. Walsh may have a chance.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
I hear Mr. Walsh used to be a birther. The idea that Obama was born in Kenya appeals to Trump's base.

Jets

Conservative Pragmatist
Joe Walsh was a solid conservative voice and part of the TEA Party.

However, his birther rhetoric undermined his credibility. Credit for apologizing thou.