• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Judge in Flynn case hires lawyer as appeals court reviews his decision not to dismiss

Boca

Governor
Flynn also swore to the judge under oath that he committed the crime. Now he says he didn’t commit the crime. Hence, the perjury,
Illogic is one of your specialties isn't it.

If I plead guilty of speeding and later find out the trooper's radar was faulty and make that known to the Judge I perjured myself ?

You're so entertaining.

]

Bugsy McGurk

President
Illogic is one of your specialties isn't it.

If I plead guilty of speeding and later find out the trooper's radar was faulty and make that known to the Judge I perjured myself ?

You're so entertaining.

]
Nope. But if you swore you were speeding when you weren’t, that would be perjury.

You wingers should steer away from analogies - they stretch your logical shortcomings.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Nope. But if you swore you were speeding when you weren’t, that would be perjury.

You wingers should steer away from analogies - they stretch your logical shortcomings.
so, the concept of a plea bargain when not gulity to obtain a lesser sentence, is completely dead. Got it. You might want to let, oh, every lawyer, judge and cop in the country know of your directive.

Bugsy McGurk

President
so, the concept of a plea bargain when not gulity to obtain a lesser sentence, is completely dead. Got it. You might want to let, oh, every lawyer, judge and cop in the country know of your directive.
Again, you stray into risky territory when you try to think logically.

We’re not talking about someone who was not guilty but pled guilty. Flynn pled guilty to lying to the feds (twice). He did lie to the feds. He even swore under oath that he did so.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Again, you stray into risky territory when you try to think logically.

We’re not talking about someone who was not guilty but pled guilty. Flynn pled guilty to lying to the feds (twice). He did lie to the feds. He even swore under oath that he did so.
Most people would swear they were Jesus returned if they thought it would save their family trouble or get them a lighter sentence. Anyone who wouldn't is a coward and pathetic.

Boca

Governor

ha,ha….yours have been stretched to snapping. yet you continue to showcase it.

The problem here is that the troopers were Obama's corrupted liars following orders and Judge Emmitt knows it. Which is why he has hired an attorney to defend himself.

Last edited:

Boca

Governor
Oblammo's Gestapo is working overtime- to keep Flynn quiet.

He must know where the bodies are buried.
Or, as a 33 year career intel officer, becoming the National Security Advisor with access to the NSA records he could find out.

That's why Obama tried to persuade President-Elect Trump to avoid him at all costs.

U.S. District Court Judge Emmett G. Sullivan has taken the unusual step of hiring an attorney to represent him as an appeals court reviews his decision not to immediately grant the Justice Department's (DOJ's) request to dismiss its case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

Sullivan hired attorney Beth Wilkinson who, according to The Washington Post, is expected to notify the D.C. Court of Appeals within the next week of her decision to represent him. Wilkinson reportedly is a go-to for high-profile officials in difficult situations. For example, she previously represented then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh as he fought sexual misconduct allegations in 2018.

The added representation compounded what has become an abnormal case, which is rooted in Flynn misleading the FBI about his contacts with Russia after the 2016 presidential election. Although Flynn pleaded guilty, he's currently seeking to withdraw that plea as the Justice Department argues that the FBI had an insufficient basis to interview him in the first place.

Rather than granting the DOJ's dismissal, Sullivan appointed a retired judge to argue against the department’s position and to consider whether Flynn should be held in criminal contempt for perjury.

Tha's odd. liberals say people don't hire lawyers unless they have somethign to hide. Unless this is just, you know, different and shit......
I can honestly say I've never heard of a judge hiring a lawyer when charges haven't even been filed against - simply because a case he decided is going to appeal.

Evidently he's convinced he's done something grievously wrong, and is panicking?

Boca

Governor
I can honestly say I've never heard of a judge hiring a lawyer when charges haven't even been filed against - simply because a case he decided is going to appeal.

Evidently he's convinced he's done something grievously wrong, and is panicking?
Made more curious his having a reputation for throwing out cases for government misconduct....Alaska Senator Ted Stevens for example.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Most people would swear they were Jesus returned if they thought it would save their family trouble or get them a lighter sentence. Anyone who wouldn't is a coward and pathetic.
Trump cultists sure do twist themselves into pretzels to rationalize the crimes of the Trump crime family.

Truly deplorable.

Bugsy McGurk

President

You’ve also never heard of hack judges putting a lower court judge in their cross-hairs before that judge has even decided a case. Unprecedented hackery and activism.