• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Judge Nap: "Bias Revelations "Automatic Trigger for a New Trial"

"He is absolutely entitled to a new trial with a member of the jury making these types of revelations about the politics involved in the decisions to prosecute him,” Napolitano told “Fox & Friends” Thursday.

“I presided over 150 jury trials and most were criminal,” the former New Jersey Superior Court judge said.

“It is the duty of the judge to ensure that both the government and the defendant get a fair trial and if the judge discovers afterwards that there was a built-in inherent bias on the part of a member of a jury against the defendant, that is an automatic trigger for a new trial,” Napolitano explained."

"He is absolutely entitled to a new trial with a member of the jury making these types of revelations about the politics involved in the decisions to prosecute him,” Napolitano told “Fox & Friends” Thursday.

“I presided over 150 jury trials and most were criminal,” the former New Jersey Superior Court judge said.

“It is the duty of the judge to ensure that both the government and the defendant get a fair trial and if the judge discovers afterwards that there was a built-in inherent bias on the part of a member of a jury against the defendant, that is an automatic trigger for a new trial,” Napolitano explained."

Stone isn't Trump. So there's no bias against Stone.

Jack4freedom

Governor
I respect Napolitano’s opinion so I will go along with it. If Stone is smart he will cut a deal with the prosecution and testify truthfully. Maybe the old scumbag can get out of going to jail. That’s ok with me. He is certainly no danger to the public.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Mistrial and the DOJ refuses to re-prosecute.
It would be very unusual for a prosecutor to drop charges on a case that got 12-0 convictions on all 7 counts. If it’s a mistrial I am sure that Stone will be given a chance to plead guilty and tell the truth about the matter in order to reduce or eliminate any jail time.