• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

June 3,1808

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Jefferson Davis was born in Fairview,Kentuky. Died December 6,1889. U.S. Rep. for 6 months,US Senator for 8 years,US Sec. Of War for 4 years,President of the C.S.A. for 3 years,3 months. West Point Class of 1828 and rose to the rank of Colonel. Buried at Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond,Virginia.
IMG_20160110_161413247_HDR.jpg

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Happy birthday President Davis. I have a visit to Jefferson Davis Memorial State Park in Georgia planned for later this month. Currently looking for a photo quality print of my avatar, suitable for framing.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Happy birthday President Davis. I have a visit to Jefferson Davis Memorial State Park in Georgia planned for later this month. Currently looking for a photo quality print of my avatar, suitable for framing.
I've visited many of the battlefields in Virginia, but nothing in Georgia except the 8th Army Air Force museum in Savannah.

I'll add that monument to my bucket list.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I've visited many of the battlefields in Virginia, but nothing in Georgia except the 8th Army Air Force museum in Savannah.

I'll add that monument to my bucket list.
Then I won't post any pics of it and spoil it for you. I was there by myself on a Saturday morning and one family of 4 showed up right before I was leaving. The employee on duty that morning said there were plans to remodel and revamp the little museum there. That was a little less than 2 years ago. I hope to be able to go back some day.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member