• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Just remember the most violent uprising in our history.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
abolition was not a conservative position. The anti-slave republicans were called radicals.

Again...the south was mostly democrat, with only 11 republicans in congress in 1964...now there are over 100 republicans from those states. Where did all those racist democratic voters go? They switched sides...as did black voters in the south

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
dems passed the civil rights act in 1964. You think that was evil?
The Democrats would not have passed that bill without the support of the Republican minority.
Southern Democrats opposed the bill and Senator KKK Byrd led a filibuster of the bill that was only broken with the votes of the Republicans who joined the Democrats. Many Democrats had to be browbeaten, coerced, and threatened by LBJ to get them to vote for the bill.
So, in answer to your question (where you once again demonstrate your woeful ignorance of history) the bill was passed with a bipartisan majority.
https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/generic/CivilRightsAct1964.htm

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The Democrats would not have passed that bill without the support of the Republican minority.
Southern Democrats opposed the bill and Senator KKK Byrd led a filibuster of the bill that was only broken with the votes of the Republicans who joined the Democrats. Many Democrats had to be browbeaten, coerced, and threatened by LBJ to get them to vote for the bill.
So, in answer to your question (where you once again demonstrate your woeful ignorance of history) the bill was passed with a bipartisan majority.
https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/generic/CivilRightsAct1964.htm
With a democrat as president and more democrats than republicans voting for it.
Thanks for proving my point.

All but 8 southern democrats and all southern republicans voted against it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1591194093172.png

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You'll notice once again that Democrats have taken up the side of evil each and EVERY time. Republicans are always on the right side history. They were then and they are in. Got a cop you and your buddies can shoot in the back?
Let me remind you that the republican party is the only one to have both the President and VP resign as part of a deal to avoid going to prison.

The republican president sold weapons to Iran even after they'd held Americans hostage for over a year. Same American president got 241 Marines killed in Beirut for no real policy or coherent mission.

The republican president invaded a country based on a lie in 2003. We lost a few thousand American troops, needlessly. We got ISIS as a result.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Democrat values (or lack thereof) and the strength of character, of those who serve in the miltary, are diametrically opposed.
You said democrats are not Americans....so 40% of our military, according to you, are not true Americans....admit it Jack, that was a stupid thing to post.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

middleview

President
Supporting Member
"thin air"

Wow...so in the first place...that there was slave trading in Kenya doesn't indicate Obama's family was involved. Your link offers nothing at all in the way of verifiable facts.

By the way....did you know the Bush family supported the Nazis even when the US was at war with Germany?

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
You talk as if you know your history. ha ha After the war whites in the Confedrate states had no vote but blacks did and there were a great number of Republican blacks sent to DC.

As you've been shown to clearly not be a student of history either in the distant or even recent past your exhorting for creating a multi-generation insurgency is to be expected I guess.
More half-truths.... the ONLY whites that were temporarily restricted from voting were some former officers and Confederate criminals. These people were traitors. White civilians were not denied the vote.

More half-truths.... the ONLY whites that were temporarily restricted from voting were some former officers and Confederate criminals. These people were traitors. White civilians were not denied the vote.

How many Southern whites got a vote in congress immediately after the Civil War? You can't count carpet baggers (you know where that term comes from, right?).

Spamature

President
Being a student of American history, I remember that one well. The Republicans forced the Democrats to give up their slaves.
Democrats are still angry about that today because the Republicans continue to take their slaves away from them.
For the 4th time, the United States had, and has, a Democratic Party. Those traitors were not part of the United States. They left the party when they left the nation.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Cicil War was about COTTON not Slaves
Cotton picked by slaves...they didn't want to pick it themselves.

Every single article of session mentions slavery and the right to retrieve runaway slaves...none mention cotton.

How many slaves did your great great granddady own.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Cotton picked by slaves...they didn't want to pick it themselves.

Every single article of session mentions slavery and the right to retrieve runaway slaves...none mention cotton.

How many slaves did your great great granddady own.
They didn't have to thanks to the African Kings and Arabs that sold them Slaves

You ever seen cotton run?

None, he didn't grow cotton in Germany, how about yours?

All the cotton plantations were owned by white and black democrats.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
They didn't have to thanks to the African Kings and Arabs that sold them Slaves

You ever seen cotton run?

None, he didn't grow cotton in Germany, how about yours?

All the cotton plantations were owned by white and black democrats.
White racists. What party they belonged to then is not the same as what they'd belong to now. That is evident by the number of republicans elected to congress from the former confederacy...and clearly the black population of the country agrees with me...and not you.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
White racists. What party they belonged to then is not the same as what they'd belong to now. That is evident by the number of republicans elected to congress from the former confederacy...and clearly the black population of the country agrees with me...and not you.
So, the African Kings and Arabs were "white racist"! You were a Republican:)

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So, the African Kings and Arabs were "white racist"! You were a Republican:)
As explained more than once...I worked on McCain's campaign in 2000 and found the Bush campaign disgusting and reprehensible for the rumors they spread about McCain...so I switched parties.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
As explained more than once...I worked on McCain's campaign in 2000 and found the Bush campaign disgusting and reprehensible for the rumors they spread about McCain...so I switched parties.
I'm not surprised you worked on "songbirds" campaign