• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Just remember who among us argued for far less authoritarian interventionism...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The simple fact that so many of the ones imposing those silly "controls" contrived themselves uncontrolled by them.

The Fauci/CDC emails, duh.

The Twitter files, duh.
So any emails between government agencies are behind the scenes machinations?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Certainly the ones that show deliberate attempts to control the narratives surrounding covid do.
And what of the Trump team's emails attempting to minimize covid cases?
Documents reveal new details of Trump political interference in COVID-19 response

During a press briefing on Feb. 25, 2020, former senior CDC official Nancy Messonnier warned about the coming dangers of COVID-19. She told reporters that the spread of the coronavirus was essentially inevitable.

“It’s not so much a question of if this will happen anymore but rather more a question of exactly when,” she said.

Her statement angered Trump, and the administration subsequently stopped granting CDC officials permission to brief the public. The agency held no briefings from early March until June, during some of the earliest and most confusing times of the pandemic.

Documents reveal new details of Trump political interference in COVID-19 response | The Hill

Last edited:

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Berenson’s legal discovery unearthed internal Twitter documents and Slack conversations showing Biden administration officials instructed the social media company to de-platform him because he was dissenting from the official line on school lockdowns and the efficacy of vaccines.

He was viciously attacked for tweeting that schools should be opened: “people called me a ghoul a lot. [But] Twitter and Facebook prevented a real debate and discussion about the value of school closures … Is there anyone who thought we did the right thing in fall of 2020 and 2021 by allowing teacher unions and Democrats to keep schools closed?”

His evidence-backed view that school lockdowns were being driven by teacher unions, not data, and would do long-term harm to children, has been proven correct. Similarly, his view was correct that vaccines were not stopping the transmission of COVID and thus mandates were pointless. Yet he was silenced, and no debate was allowed.

Lawsuit reveals vast censorship scheme by Big Tech and the federal government (nypost.com)

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Berenson’s legal discovery unearthed internal Twitter documents and Slack conversations showing Biden administration officials instructed the social media company to de-platform him because he was dissenting from the official line on school lockdowns and the efficacy of vaccines.

He was viciously attacked for tweeting that schools should be opened: “people called me a ghoul a lot. [But] Twitter and Facebook prevented a real debate and discussion about the value of school closures … Is there anyone who thought we did the right thing in fall of 2020 and 2021 by allowing teacher unions and Democrats to keep schools closed?”

His evidence-backed view that school lockdowns were being driven by teacher unions, not data, and would do long-term harm to children, has been proven correct. Similarly, his view was correct that vaccines were not stopping the transmission of COVID and thus mandates were pointless. Yet he was silenced, and no debate was allowed.

Lawsuit reveals vast censorship scheme by Big Tech and the federal government (nypost.com)
Twitter and Facebook are private companies and don't owe anyone a real debate and discussion. If you are thinking Berenson was limited to those platforms to throw out his disinformation, you're wrong. The NYPost was happy to tell his story. Add to that InfoWars, Newsmax, Oann, Washington Times and numerous blogs on the internet.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

1. There is nothing showing the Biden administration issued instructions to Twitter. It is one thing to ask questions, another to issue orders.
2. Really? Viciously attacked? Just how vicious was it? Was he brutally attacking school boards?
3. Would it have been better for a lot more kids to take covid home with them? I have a friend who died, infected by her 1st grader coming home with covid. She fought against her kid wearing a mask. She refused to get vaccinated. I'd bet she was a fan of Berenson.

Berenson wrote this:
“Think of it — at best — as a therapeutic with a limited window of efficacy and terrible side effect profile that must be dosed IN ADVANCE OF ILLNESS.”

WTF! He is not a doctor, not a scientist....not at all capable of expressing an informed opinion. I was vaccinated and had mild symptoms and did not have to be hospitalized...if I'd listened to Berenson and refused vaccination, with a heart condiction and at 69 years of age...would I have been better off? F*ck no.

Last edited:

EatTheRich

President

So it’s not so much for “having the correct view based on the facts” as for “calling for the deliberate killing of millions for political advantage.”

Raoul_Luke

1. There is nothing showing the Biden administration issued instructions to Twitter. It is one thing to ask questions, another to issue orders.
2. Really? Viciously attacked? Just how vicious was it? Was he brutally attacking school boards?
3. Would it have been better for a lot more kids to take covid home with them? I have a friend who died, infected by her 1st grader coming home with covid. She fought against her kid wearing a mask. She refused to get vaccinated. I'd bet she was a fan of Berenson.

Berenson wrote this:
“Think of it — at best — as a therapeutic with a limited window of efficacy and terrible side effect profile that must be dosed IN ADVANCE OF ILLNESS.”

WTF! He is not a doctor, not a scientist....not at all capable of expressing an informed opinion. I was vaccinated and had mild symptoms and did not have to be hospitalized...if I'd listened to Berenson and refused vaccination, with a heart condiction and at 69 years of age...would I have been better off? F*ck no.
1. In fact that is exactly what the evidence his legal proceeding uncovered shows.
2. WTF does "school boards" have to do with, well, anything? They tried to ruin his reputation and ability to earn a living. Your response? "Nothing to see here, move along..."
3. There is precisely zero data to suggest that covid spread further in locations where the schools weren't masked than where they were (your purported anecdote notwithstanding - how do you know she didn't infect her son, rather than the other way around?).

Berensen is a first class data analyst - you don't have to be a "medical expert" to analyze data. Does your position here mean you agree with the conclusions of Scott Atlas, Jay Bhattacharya, Robert Malone, Marty Makary and the sixty thousand or so other medical practitioners and experts who signed The Great Barrington Declaration?

I am unaware of any effort to prevent people from making their own choices wrt covid interventions that he supported. Did you ride that straw man all the way in from Denver?

Raoul_Luke

Twitter and Facebook are private companies and don't owe anyone a real debate and discussion. If you are thinking Berenson was limited to those platforms to throw out his disinformation, you're wrong. The NYPost was happy to tell his story. Add to that InfoWars, Newsmax, Oann, Washington Times and numerous blogs on the internet.
Actually they were breaking the (election) laws by acting as propaganda outlets for the government's official narratives - thanks for agreeing.
And one more time - limiting coverage of his writing to only the conservative outlets effectively insulates the left from having to address the obvious mendacity in their opinions and amounts to election meddling.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Actually they were breaking the (election) laws by acting as propaganda outlets for the government's official narratives - thanks for agreeing.
And one more time - limiting coverage of his writing to only the conservative outlets effectively insulates the left from having to address the obvious mendacity in their opinions and amounts to election meddling.
So you think Twitter and Facebook are required to let people post whatever they want?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. In fact that is exactly what the evidence his legal proceeding uncovered shows.
2. WTF does "school boards" have to do with, well, anything? They tried to ruin his reputation and ability to earn a living. Your response? "Nothing to see here, move along..."
3. There is precisely zero data to suggest that covid spread further in locations where the schools weren't masked than where they were (your purported anecdote notwithstanding - how do you know she didn't infect her son, rather than the other way around?).

Berensen is a first class data analyst - you don't have to be a "medical expert" to analyze data. Does your position here mean you agree with the conclusions of Scott Atlas, Jay Bhattacharya, Robert Malone, Marty Makary and the sixty thousand or so other medical practitioners and experts who signed The Great Barrington Declaration?

I am unaware of any effort to prevent people from making their own choices wrt covid interventions that he supported. Did you ride that straw man all the way in from Denver?
Read the section on who signed the Barrington declaration...as well as the 14 or so health organizations that disputed it.