• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Just the facts anybody can look up.

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
I asked YOU, if you are using the scientific method, yes or no.
And I said...I'm relaying information readily accessible to you on any number of news organizations and you're more than free to go research it...or not...yourself.

Number_58

Look up “base rate fallacy.” The vaccinated are 83% of the population but 58% of those dying of Covid.
Last math class I took taught me that 58% is the majority of 100%...it would just stand to reason that it would then be the majority of 83% also.

Or, did the left make their changes to math like they did to science?

EatTheRich

President
Last math class I took taught me that 58% is the majority of 100%...it would just stand to reason that it would then be the majority of 83% also.

Or, did the left make their changes to math like they did to science?
The point is that if vaccinated and unvaccinated people were equally likely to die of Covid, we’d expect 83% of those dying of Covid to be vaccinated. That it is only 58% is strong evidence that vaccination tends to prevent deaths.

Number_58

The point is that if vaccinated and unvaccinated people were equally likely to die of Covid, we’d expect 83% of those dying of Covid to be vaccinated. That it is only 58% is strong evidence that vaccination tends to prevent deaths.
I don't give a sh!t what your point is. What I showed you, from a verifiable source, says the majority of people dying of COVID now are vaccinated people. Are you saying nearly every media outlet that's ran an article saying this is accurate is spreading misinformation by reporting that?

Does 58% of people dying of COVID right now have the vaccine? Is 58% a majority of 100%? Nobody is saying every vaccinated person is dying of COVID...nobody is saying more people are unvaccinated versus unvaccinated.

The majority of people dying from COVID right now are the vaccinated. Find me a report that says different. I'm not going to continue with your stupid argument of "you're not right because equity."

EatTheRich

President
I don't give a sh!t what your point is. What I showed you, from a verifiable source, says the majority of people dying of COVID now are vaccinated people. Are you saying nearly every media outlet that's ran an article saying this is accurate is spreading misinformation by reporting that?

Does 58% of people dying of COVID right now have the vaccine? Is 58% a majority of 100%? Nobody is saying every vaccinated person is dying of COVID...nobody is saying more people are unvaccinated versus unvaccinated.

The majority of people dying from COVID right now are the vaccinated. Find me a report that says different. I'm not going to continue with your stupid argument of "you're not right because equity."
It’s accurate, but you are drawing unwarranted conclusions from it.

Number_58

It’s accurate, but you are drawing unwarranted conclusions from it.
The only conclusion I drew from any of it is that more vacinnated people are dying than unvaccinated now. And you just affirmed that my conclusion is accurate. Everything else was OcF asking me the scientific method I used to relay what the attachment from one of the alphabet news networks reported. It's pretty strange I would be asked for my scientific method for something a major news outlet says...

EatTheRich

President
The only conclusion I drew from any of it is that more vacinnated people are dying than unvaccinated now. And you just affirmed that my conclusion is accurate. Everything else was OcF asking me the scientific method I used to relay what the attachment from one of the alphabet news networks reported. It's pretty strange I would be asked for my scientific method for something a major news outlet says...
No, you claimed that the unvaccinated had a higher survival rate. Which is both unwarranted and false.

Number_58

No, you claimed that the unvaccinated had a higher survival rate. Which is both unwarranted and false.
Death Rates
Vaccinated = 58%
Unvaccinated = 42%

Which, at this time, are more likely to die if they contract COVID?
Isn't "survive" the antonym of "die"?

EatTheRich

President
Death Rates
Vaccinated = 58%
Unvaccinated = 42%

Which, at this time, are more likely to die if they contract COVID?
Isn't "survive" the antonym of "die"?
No. Those are the percentages of all the people who died who were vaccinated vs. people who died who were unvaccinated. It is NOT the same (and only a very innumerate person would think otherwise) as the percentage of people who were vaccinated who died and the percentage of people who were unvaccinated who died.

The population of the U.S. is 332 million. With 83% of that population vaccinated (17% unvaccinated) that gives 276 million vaccinated people and 56 million unvaccinated people. During the month of August that the 58% figure referred to there were 16000 U.S. deaths from Covid. 58% of those killed (9300) were vaccinated. The rest (6700) were unvaccinated. So the death rate among the vaccinated (9300 out of 276 million) was 0.003%. The death rate among the unvaccinated (6700 out of 56 million) was 0.012% … 4 times as high.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
yep. we did ours a week or so ago....
Got it yesterday. I'm sure my arm will fall off and I'll be deformed some time no later than next week. Don't believe me? Just ask GoW. He read it somewhere on the DarkWeb.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got it yesterday. I'm sure my arm will fall off and I'll be deformed some time no later than next week. Don't believe me? Just ask GoW. He read it somewhere on the DarkWeb.
Well as soon as I got mine, I felt fine. But then about a week later or so I started picking up wi-fi, and now I can walk through walls. Can you believe that?