• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Kasich

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
The math is no good. A RedState writer puts it really well:

"Let me break this down very simply. There are 1,435 delegates who are left in the entire GOP nominating calendar. In order to get the nomination, a candidate needs 1,237 delegates. John Kasich currently has 54 delegates. That means that, in order to get the nomination, Kasich would have to get 1183 of the remaining 1,435 delegates – or 82.4%. That’s already impossible, just as a starting point. The reason is that if any other candidate not named John Kasich gets a total of 252 delegates from here on out, he is screwed."

"But the reality is that even if Kasich’s best case scenario comes true – he wins Ohio on Tuesday, but doesn’t really win anywhere else – it’s about to get a whole bunch worse. Let’s just start with Florida. Kasich doesn’t even contend that he’s going to win Florida, which is winner take all. Someone else is going to get those 99 delegates, which means that Kasich will be mathematically eliminated from contention for the nomination if he loses another 153 total delegates."

"Other than Ohio and Florida, there are exactly 200 delegates up for grabs on March 15th. In many/most of these states, Kasich is not even seriously contending at all. Illinois, Missouri, and North Carolina are not going to be wins for Kasich and not even he would claim that they will be. It would frankly be a stunningly positive result for John Kasich if someone else got only 100 of those delegates. Thus, even in the rosiest of possible scenarios, John Kasich could only lose a total of 53 delegates from next Tuesday all the way to the convention."

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/03/10/donald-trump-isnt-candidate-courting-moron-vote/

Kasich is just running interference for the GOP,trying to stop Trump from getting to 1237 before the convention.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Kasich comes in a distant 3rd in WI. Can someone tell me again why he is still in the race? I'm very interested to see his March fundraising and spending FEC report.

Jen

Senator
Kasich comes in a distant 3rd in WI. Can someone tell me again why he is still in the race? I'm very interested to see his March fundraising and spending FEC report.
Kasich is the spoiler.
He has no shot at the nomination unless there are some very wrong things that go on between now and then.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
To my knowledge,Kasich still has not released any March fundraising/expenditure data. It should be interesting.